OH! We are at War....again, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's some problems I'm having with this game right now.

-There is no clear notification of whether the Kingdom is at war or not and why we declared war! I got caught with my pants down trying to court a lady and doing other stuff around calradia, a whole army attacked my fief. This secret declaration of arbitrary wars happened like three times, and it's annoying.

-Speaking of my fief, or fiefs now that I just found out I was awarded another one.....No notification of being awarded a fief? Is that a bug in my game? The only notification I got was when it was being besieged (and that's how I found out it was my own fief).

-Now you may be thinking "wow, your campaign is total fail". No not at all. I overcame all that sh*t because my army is really strong, and I'd like to think I'm a good commander lol, and I got lucky a few times. But here's my issue: WHY does the kingdom want to fight so many wars? You implemented Influence and policy, but suddenly when it comes to war I have no say in the matter. I'm a savage warmongering Battanian vassal serving under King Caladog, but even I understand that war on ALL FRONTS is stupid. We are at war with Vlandia, Southern Empire, and Khuzaits. Yeah....no allies. I don't even know if having an ally is a thing in this game.

Hey MnB community what your thoughts and experiences? Am I crazy and not paying enough attention or something?

Devs need to make the idiotic war decs fixed as a top priority. It shouldn't even be hard to do. Just simple logic in whatever is running the war decs to check how many wars are going on in a faction, and if it's 1 or more then they should not be declaring another war. We can get fancier with the logic later when other game systems are built out, but at the moment the constant and never-ending war declarations defying all sense is destroying the game.

The random war decs are probably the single most obnoxious problem with the game right now, I wish they would slap a bandaid on it until they're ready to roll out the finished diplomacy system

the same, they declare war without warning, I was on the other side of the world, they took a city and gave it to me without even knowing it (because to vote, you have to enter the kingdom tab) and I think it's kind of stupid to have to use influence, I I suffer to join 200 and then there is one of those votes that I have to use 50 to not lose relationships, besides, wars should be voted on, everyone in the kingdom, in the warband it was much more controlled, they should copy this part

From what I saw, when you abstain a fief vote you lose relationship with every candidate. But if you don't vote at all anything you lose nothing. It's silly but it's how this placeholder works atm.

There are so many things missing from the current EA phase, not even diplomacy, I remember in the warband was a reason to go to war because of the Lord heard that he had an ugly nose.

Yeah is a ****ing mess, but it's probably gonna be like that for awhile. It's funny because I was worried my faction was gonna steam roll too hard..... but nah they got steam rolled back pretty good. I've learned a few things so far and have to adjust to the limited options I have.
I lost some guys fighting an army 5X my size. Most was junk but they did have a = amount of heavy Cav as my total force and that was hard to beat, even if Cav ai is kinda durpy, enough of them and they'll still spear some dudes. I beat them but lost about 1/2 my good troops. lesson, why did I do that? There was no real gain in beating that army I should be more conservative because sooner or later you have to stop and get more troops leveled and it's awful.
I tired before to stock up in a garrison and the garrison kicked out troops without warning even though I gave them lotsa food. That might have been do to the patch that messed up the town though so I'll try again now. What I had done instead was make companion parties to hold my extra troops, that worked okay but I would rather just have a dependable garrison.

Overall I'm enjoying for what it is but I'm hoping for big changes soon, both to character development and faction/kingdom managment.

The random war decs are probably the single most obnoxious problem with the game right now, I wish they would slap a bandaid on it until they're ready to roll out the finished diplomacy system

It is a major issue that may keep me from playing the game much further. There is literally no break in the action. Manpower issues aside, it is exhausting and not at all realistic.

The other issue is how random war is. Each kingdom literally seems to take turns fighting the next one. I am a vassal of the Aserai and they have fought wars against the Southern and Northern Empire, Battanians, Vlandia, Sturgians, and Khuzait. It is like they just spin a wheel to see who to fight next. Some of these factions aren't even near their borders.

your own kingdom is even worse i got into 3 wars without and knowledge how then half my clans left for no reason so left me chasing enemy lords around and paying them huge amounts of gold for peace rinse and repeat.

I installed a basic diplomacy mod that allows you to interact with all faction party leaders via settlement menu so long as it's yours and you are a kingdom.

It's a really helpful band-aid, even though it may be a little unrealistic. The least it does is allow you to interact with your warring kingdoms without goose chasing lords on the other side of the world.

Mod

It is a major issue that may keep me from playing the game much further. There is literally no break in the action. Manpower issues aside, it is exhausting and not at all realistic.

The other issue is how random war is. Each kingdom literally seems to take turns fighting the next one. I am a vassal of the Aserai and they have fought wars against the Southern and Northern Empire, Battanians, Vlandia, Sturgians, and Khuzait. It is like they just spin a wheel to see who to fight next. Some of these factions aren't even near their borders.

Yeah it's just whimsical and I don't feel I'm in the inner circle of what's going on a lot of the time. There's no interaction in regards to who, when and where we should go to war. Ruler of Battania loves me with a 100 relation with his clan. My renown is high, I have Influence to spend, I feel like I would have the greatest say in all matters including the warmongering we do. lol

TW should implement alliances and war policy. I would like to spend influence and take advantage of my good relationship with both ruler clans of Sturgia and Battania.

I joined the Southern Empire. We ended up fighting multiple factions at the same time. My fiefs get continually raided. I fought many battles capturing many Lords to cut down on the flow of armies, they all magically dissapear from the dungeon 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah the Southern Empire starts the game in a pretty unenviable position, surrounded on all sides by trouble and bordering almost everyone in some way shape or form, including the currently overpowered Khuzaits and being one of the only 2 exit vectors for the Azerai. That's why I join them, the wars are constant but the reward is high.

As for the lordspam I take advantage of it, counterintuitively releasing enemy lords to improve relations. This plays in my favor because I can recruit those lords later on, which is the only actual way to reduce the number of vassals fighting against you, if they're fighting for you instead. Even better if you target Honest lords with Honor, because those seem the most reluctant to redefect after they've joined you, especially if thy like you

Totally agree. There is also almost non-stop war going on, usually with 2-3 factions at once. While wars a fun, the non-stop nature gets really old because you can't do anything but fight off the lord spam that gets thrown your way, hour after hour, day after day.

I didn't make the mod. It was made by Katarn2000 on nexusmods. Hope it's a temporary fix until TW fleshes diplomacy out. But you might want to keep the game vanilla if you want to post issues and feedback with the integrity of the game intact.
Diplomacy Fixes

It is really annoying. I'm playing with Kuzhaits and we are at war with literally everyone, it's been like this since I joined them (only very short lived peace deals with Battania or Vlandia occasionaly), we have only 2 towns left (no castles), both of them are starving. I have to resort to raiding caravans so I can get food for my own army as I can not go to another town to purchase supplies. Also can't sell my loot from battles because our towns have like 30k combined. Most of the clans left us already. It's just me, Monchug and Mesui now and a couple of Mercenary Companies. For some reason AI choose not to siege our remaining towns. Maybe it's because they're also at war with each other.

I don't know, it's really exhausting. And there's no way to end it because armies just keep respawning.

It's funny as you can scum save wars as well you can't prevent them from happening and change the date when they start but you can change who it is with

Back
Top Bottom