-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Dracindo said:
You can sneak into a town/castle, mostly because you have to break out a lord. If you kill guards on the way (and I mean kill, not just knocking unconcious), will it reduce the amount of troops stationed in that town/castle?

I know I can just check it myself by remembering the number of troops before I enter the town/castle, count all the "Guard has been killed by Player" messages, and compare the numbers afterwards, but I always forget to look at it. Can someone answer this for me?

Late answer, but I think the only way you can reduce the number of guards you have to fight is by having an associated village light a fire as a distraction before you sneak in--and do it at night.

JosieJ said:
Late answer, but I think the only way you can reduce the number of guards you have to fight is by having an associated village light a fire as a distraction before you sneak in--and do it at night.

This is, as far as I understand, the only way to reduce the amount of enemy soldiers inside

Doesn't this only apply to the amount of soldiers spawned during a breakout?
Dracindo said:
If you kill guards on the way (and I mean kill, not just knocking unconcious), will it reduce the amount of troops stationed in that town/castle?
Sounds like he means number of men in the garrison, which I believe can only be reduced by besieging.

Hi I just got the game last week after watching a YT video of the Warsong conquest mod. I love the game even though I am lousy at it. But really need this  question answered. How do I do pre battle planning?

The problem is that I see the pre battle planner on YT but not on my game.

Here you see someone who like myself does not have the option

at 32 seconds in

here someone does and is how I found out about it

at 9:57

do I need a certain skill at a certain level or something?

thanks

i had a kingdom on the game but i told all my lords to leave.  and that seems to have crashed the game :sad: probz unfixable but can i do anything about it?

Ilwuen said:
How do I know whether a weapon does piercing, blunt, or slicing damage? I mean f.ex. with Morningstar it says "swing 38". Is that piercing or slicing damage?

It should be followed by a letter (C=Cut, P=pierce, B=Blunt), like this"

Swing: 56c
Thrust: 21b

Have a strange feast. I am a Khergit with only Kedelke & I married Lady Katia of the Vaegirs. She of course resides at Tulga and we wanted to hold a feast there. There was an "Error" message when she said yes, but did not pay it much attention. When it is time for the feast I find it is not there & it tells me it is at Sanjar Khan.

Anyone every had this problem? Never seen it before, but then normally it is hard to marry before I have a castle -- but also strangely in this game peace has settled in all over Calradia. 

JosieJ said:
I think you need to hold a castle or town in your own right in order to hold a feast, at least in Native.

It lets me have the feasts, but as there is no real site, those attending just freeze on the map. When my feast is finished it gave +2 to almost all lords of all factions. (Looks like only exception were those with serious negative relations with me).

Now, I have a town, so going to see net feast is back to normal.

Just strange, played since 2010 and never had this happen before?

earl of bronze said:
If I lay siege to a castle and it has 30 days of food do I have to wait 30 days for the garrison to start shrinking?

If you manage to seige out a castle for 30 days the garrison surrenders.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XE80rDmoc

Looter said:
earl of bronze said:
If I lay siege to a castle and it has 30 days of food do I have to wait 30 days for the garrison to start shrinking?

If you manage to seige out a castle for 30 days the garrison surrenders.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XE80rDmoc

To the best of my knowledge it's a little over 30 days, and that depends. I've done it twice, the first time it took 32 days for the garrison to surrender, the second time it was the last castle that the Sarranid Sultanate had, so they refused to surrender. I was the Rhodok marshal so I attacked them around day 40. (I don't recommend that; I only had 3 of the original 10-ish lords with me at that point)

Hi im new to the forum, but after some research i didn't found anything conclusive about claimants.

So im helping Arwa The Pearled one to reclaim the Sarranid Throne. i made the tough route, i didnt knew that you could be vassal to hakin and then turn on him, but with a genious plan i got myself a town and 2 castles short after i start the rebellion. now the problem is.

the town i own i cant throw a feast because i'm not the ruler, Arwa is, she never leaves my party because of the nature of the rebellion quest etc.
So i captured a second town and gave to her.

The problem is that i can't leave the town, i can't manage the garrison there, so the town is very weak. i cant give her troops so she can defend the town. any tips or helps about it and rebellion in general?

Just wondering, how would I go about uploading a mod to Warband (or let's say VC). Like how would I post a download link - or what to put in the download link (like would I put the entire module file in there?).
Thanks!

NameLessWonder said:
Just wondering, how would I go about uploading a mod to Warband (or let's say VC). Like how would I post a download link - or what to put in the download link (like would I put the entire module file in there?).
Thanks!

Look at this board for help in releasing your mod.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,9.0.html

And visit the forge if you have questions regarding mod development itself.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

Also, yes. The entire module for the mod unless it's open source code you want to release, item packs, and etc. you can visit the respective subtopic boards on the forge and just post the download link for the respective files there.

Back
Top Bottom