-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

I could of sworn I read somewhere before about losing stats after 1000 days. However, I checked both wikia and strategy wiki page as well as did several search result and I can not find anything of the sort. So what exactly is old age?

Chance of a stat loss when knocked-out/captured starts at 757.5 days and goes up by 1% every 7.5 days until you hit 1500 days when it's 100%.

(Edit - Acutally, it's not really a % chance that goes up each time, it's your 'Luck' number that goes down.  When you get knocked-out/captured, the game rolls a number and if that is higher or equal to your 'Luck' #, you lose a stat).

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,47787.msg1237240.html#msg1237240  (includes a tweek to remove the stat loss).

I've got two questions: Will lords build improvements in the fiefs I grant them, and will any improvements I build (e.g. a mill) in my own fiefs retain their effect if I grant that fief to one of my vassals?

Blackfish said:
Question: can you swear vassalage to a faction after you take a castle as an independent?

I'm new so I'm not too sure, however, I just declared independence in my game because my King is an Idiot and one of the options my wife gives me under to contact a kingdom section is to offer my vassalage for their protection. So I would assume it be the same as that.

Will towns generate troops the same way a castle will?  (I've never actually seen this in action, but I just snaked Wercheg away from the Nords cause it had 66 guys defending it... hehe)

To the last 2 questions.

If you are your own lord and you go under the protection of another king, you are their vassal, but you start with yhe lands you already own. Not sure if they take any if you have a bunch or whatever. But essentially you go back to vassalage.

As far as the towns regenerating. Yeah they will, just not yours.

So towns and castles under NPC control will generate troops, but only castles under my control will, not towns?  Do I have that right?

louthelou said:
So towns and castles under NPC control will generate troops, but only castles under my control will, not towns?  Do I have that right?

NPC's get gold to recruit/train troops for their walled centers.
PC's (you) need to do that by yourself.

From the wiki, on the Castles page: "Faction troops of varying skill levels will gradually take up residence in your castle to defend it. You can add them to your party by choosing the "Station a garrison" option, and you can also deposit men in your party in the same way."

So you're telling me that's incorrect?

louthelou said:
From the wiki, on the Castles page: "Faction troops of varying skill levels will gradually take up residence in your castle to defend it. You can add them to your party by choosing the "Station a garrison" option, and you can also deposit men in your party in the same way."

So you're telling me that's incorrect?

Don't trust wiki :wink:
There is a lot wrong on that wiki page.

Heavy war hammer, by far. But if you are really "Anti-Rhodok" you might as well change the Morningstar to a blunt weapon in the item editor. :grin:

military pick vs heavy armor, scimitar for light armored opponents

The swords doesnt differ that much in damage, speed and reach, its more a question of style

makidonski said:
What's the best one handed weapon on horse? I know everyone prefers different but some opinions, please.
The morningstar. Like the military pick it deals piercing damage. It's a bit slow, but with some practice the timing is not too hard to get a hang of. I prefer it to the military pick because of the extra reach. A military pick is fast and hits hard, but you'll take more damage as you need to close in, especially on horseback. The morningstar is a pretty good horseback one-hander, and for an extra kick you could keep your shield and it becomes a two-hander.

Last but not least, it's a spiked ball on a stick. I just love smashing it into some hapless enemy's face.  :grin:

I've also been using a long awlpike. Quite handy for running down and stabbing routers.

So I accidentally gave one of my Lords a city. I have this thing going where each lord gets one castle and it's villages and all cities are mine. Is there any way to get that city from him, I tried letting someone capture it but they're all pansies. Is my only choice to kick the lord out for treason?

BigBiker05 said:
So I accidentally gave one of my Lords a city. I have this thing going where each lord gets one castle and it's villages and all cities are mine. Is there any way to get that city from him, I tried letting someone capture it but they're all pansies. Is my only choice to kick the lord out for treason?

The only way to do it is to let him lose the city to enemy forces or to indict him for treason.

Back
Top Bottom