-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

That is plenty fine Caba'drin. I heard someone talk about data mining for information but I guess I forgot to mention that in my question. I tried opening a few config files earlier and got nothing. Thanks Caba, I owe ya!

If I were to max out First Aid and had a party member with max Surgery skill would it work out such that my first aid would fix them up so their surgery skill would apply when the check for whether units were killed or just knocked out is performed?

Faustaus said:
If I were to max out First Aid and had a party member with max Surgery skill would it work out such that my first aid would fix them up so their surgery skill would apply when the check for whether units were killed or just knocked out is performed?

First Aid only works on Companions (and the player).
So this makes your question obsolete, as companions don't get killed.

Mno said:
Faustaus said:

Thats not what he is asking. He is saying that since his first aid skill can get his knocked out companion high enough so his skills work, would they have worked on that battle that he got knocked out on?

BigBiker05 said:
Mno said:
Faustaus said:

Thats not what he is asking. He is saying that since his first aid skill can get his knocked out companion high enough so his skills work, would they have worked on that battle that he got knocked out on?
What he is asking is impossible. He asks for 'them', suggesting his troops. Not his surgery companion. But as he is using 'their', it means his english is more like engrish.
Surgery does not work on companions.
First Aid only works on companions.

And what you're implying won't work.
First Aid is checked after combat (when you tab it out).
And Surgery works/checks during combat.

So if the surgeon blows it, either get yourself knocked out (so the battle ends, First Aids kicks in, and the surgeon gets back on his/her feet) or you'll lose the bonus.

Lol, seriously?  Of all the grammar to pick to on... 

I used "them" to refer to a singular person b/c I have a habit of using non-gender specific pronouns, it wouldn't sound as awkward as using 'that' and repeating "party member", and I figured my meaning would be clear as there was a singular antecedent (party member).  If it helps you, reread "them" as "that party member". 

Re: the actual answer... for some reason I thought the surgeon skill check was applied after tabbing out but before the result screen.  I believe it was b/c the "unit killed" messages during the battle seemed to exceed the number of unit's killed in the report screen.  Thinking back on it though, that would have also been from the original M&B so that point might be moot.

matheusrs said:
someone have seen this before?? o_O
http://img153.imageshack.us/f/imagemkpx.jpg/

Think that's odd? Look up that thread where some villagers ended up with a party of 100+ people.

AI parties have no limit to the amount of prisoners they can have (At least as far as I know) and will automatically take (and eventually recruit) any prisoners they run into.

The most likely scenario is that the lord survived and won a huge battle (Both sides numbering 800+) and took all the prisoners.

KingLuke said:
When I sell prisoners to the slave buyer, I don't get any money?  :sad: Whats happening?!
Ransom Broker is better to sell prisioners because he gives more money depeding on the prisioner

First off this thread fell off the front page, shouldn't it be stickied, especially since it prevents a lot of spam threads.

Anyway, my question is I just got my first castle but I have no prison management skills. But then I lead the assualt on two cities and they gave one to me being only one of two lords to own a city in my faction!!! However, my city has about 40 prisoners, is there any use for these none-lord prisoners or should I start selling them to the ransom guy? Thanks!

Prisoners only serve three functions as far as I know:

1. Sell (obviously)
2. Prisoner Exchange, which is a lord quest where they request that you capture a certain number of a particular type of troop so that an exchange can be made
3. Recruiting from the prisoners

Recruiting from your prisoners can be a quick way of bolstering your party with high tier troops, but at the same time you'll run into severe morale problems, both from your own party and from the prisoners, who are likely to run away, and even if they don't they'll still have low morale due to the fact that you will almost certainly have a negative morale bonus with the faction they belong to, seeing as how you had to fight that faction in order to capture them.

Prisoner exchange is kind of too rare to really justify holding onto prisoners for, and you're not even guaranteed to have the right type and number of prisoners, but I guess in the off-chance it does match it's pretty convenient.

If my memory serves me correctly in normal Native M&B there was a warhammer that looks like a war pickaxe, except its turned the other way around and deals blunt damage.

I can't seem to find it anywhere in Warband, did it get left behind?

Another question: How does Cleave, Blunt & Pierce work against armor these days? Whats the latest numbers?

del_diablo said:
If my memory serves me correctly in normal Native M&B there was a warhammer that looks like a war pickaxe, except its turned the other way around and deals blunt damage.

Its in the cheatmenu items list.

del_diablo said:
Another question: How does Cleave, Blunt & Pierce work against armor these days? Whats the latest numbers?

Cleave=slashing I take it?

Module.ini said:
# You can modify the damage system by editing the following values:
# The first three values determine the amount which will be directly subtracted from damage due to armor.
# The next three values determine the percentage reduction from the damage.

armor_soak_factor_against_cut      = 0.8
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce    = 0.65
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt    = 0.5

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut      = 1.0
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce    = 0.5
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt    = 0.75

And some other stuff:
horse_charge_damage_multiplier        = 1.0
couched_lance_damage_multiplier      = 0.65
fall_damage_multiplier                = 1.0

#missiles with damage > shield_penetration_offset + shield_penetration_factor * shield
#will penetrate.

shield_penetration_offset = 30.0
shield_penetration_factor = 3.0

#setting speed_power to 2.0 makes damage scale with the square of missile's speed.
# you can set it to 1.0 to make it scale linearly as it was before.
missile_damage_speed_power = 1.9;
melee_damage_speed_power = 2.0;

Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat question but this is a very long thread and I've had no luck getting the manual to load in any fashion that I've found it so I was just hoping someone could do me the HUGE favor of answering this brief question:

If I have captured a lord (a Jarl of the Nords for example) what do I do with him? My mercenary contract expired and my troops were decimated so I didn't renew. Am I stuck with him until I'm in a war again? Ransom Brokers don't seem to want him, even though they said that's where the real money is. Help! Thanks so much!

Voendomar said:
If I have captured a lord (a Jarl of the Nords for example) what do I do with him?

Sooner or later his family will offer you money for him. This will just be an automated pop-up. Also, you may run into another lord that will give you some money if you trade him to him.

Back
Top Bottom