-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

I think you can talk to the claimant and say we should just give up, but I've never really tried before. I only take a claimant quest if I intend to stay with that Kingdom afterwards.

When I create my own, I never become a vassal beforehand.

Jude said:
Also, similar to the crossbow bolt penetration thing, I wanted to know about this 'feature.' I've noticed that very rarely in melee, either me or the opponent will be attacking each other and all of a sudden one side will keep taking damage and getting interrupted as though they were being kicked constantly. It happens regardless of how well you're blocking and seems to go through shields as well.

Do you mean charge ? Your two are charging each other interrupting each other with it, keep longer range...

I don't think its that Karmine. When one person gets really close without atking your character will just start flinching? Not sure if thats the right word. Anyways it will keep happening unless one person dies. Could be charge I guess but it is really annoying and imho stupid.

Jude said:
I think you can talk to the claimant and say we should just give up, but I've never really tried before. I only take a claimant quest if I intend to stay with that Kingdom afterwards.

When I create my own, I never become a vassal beforehand.

Ah, thank you, I'll see what happens.

Kenkage said:
I don't think its that Karmine. When one person gets really close without atking your character will just start flinching? Not sure if thats the right word. Anyways it will keep happening unless one person dies. Could be charge I guess but it is really annoying and imho stupid.

When your let say trying to use ranged weapon in melee fight... the computer does either of two things... ram his character at you.... making your character action get interrupted and you need to start over or swing your fight at you making your character action get interrupted and you need to start over.

Well take that and it never stops. Basically your character will continue to get interrupted over and over and over and over again. Usually happens with melee (for me).

Kenkage said:
Well take that and it never stops. Basically your character will continue to get interrupted over and over and over and over again. Usually happens with melee (for me).

Yea, I've often gotten this also. You can also do the same thing to the computer. RUN AT HIM!
Not sure what you need to do this, special amount of strength, agility, Athletics..

Is it worth to give marshal work to one of your vassals when you have your own kingdom? Im wondering that becouse when i starting a new camping my vassals isnt very active, from ~10 vassals only about 2-3 come to follow me, so im little afraid that if i give marshal status to one of them they arent going to do anything to defend or expand my kingdom.

Hidziro said:
Is it worth to give marshal work to one of your vassals when you have your own kingdom? Im wondering that becouse when i starting a new camping my vassals isnt very active, from ~10 vassals only about 2-3 come to follow me, so im little afraid that if i give marshal status to one of them they arent going to do anything to defend or expand my kingdom.
I've actually found that, unless you have the same troops as the army, that a campaign is quite useless and ends up with many more troops dying.

Hidziro said:

From my experience, more vassals follow an NPC marshal than the player, at least until your renown gets quite high and your relations with your vassals get better. Unless I have a very particular target in mind, picking a martial lord as marshal has been successful for me--particularly with the more recent patches. They'll go and try to take towns, go on raids, defend raids, etc. Also benefits you as you don't take the controversy hits for your villages being raided.

Just don't be shy to suggest that the marshal attack the walls of a besieged center rather than staring at them, or for gathering some of the army and defending a siege before the marshal gets there.

As for vassals being inactive, I've noticed this as well with recent patches--vassals without a hall (ie castle or town so just a village or without a fief) tend to need to be told to follow someone, or else they hang out in the nearest center "weary."

Two quick questions, Swadia has lost all their land, why is King Harlaus and his vassals still part of the kingdom Swadia and in the realm. ( I know lords will stay and just defect to other kingdoms) Second, to give people fiefs without making everyone upset, I need to throw feasts, right? But I have probably over 30+ fiefs to give and don't want to be throwing a party for EACH fief. Is there a better way to do this or something? Thanks for the answers.

Edit: Swadia now randomly disintegrated days after it's death as it says the kingdom of Swadia is no more.

Ilwuen said:
A quick question: Where are the savegame files located? I would like to move my native save-game to my recently installed diplomacy mod.

Thanks
That's a no-can-do

Ilwuen said:
A quick question: Where are the savegame files located? I would like to move my native save-game to my recently installed diplomacy mod.

Thanks
They're in your (My) Documents\Mount & Blade Warband Savegames\Native\

And I'm not sure they'll xfer over.

The saves will transfer to Diplomacy fine, however you might find some of Diplomacy's features don't work or cause errors.  It is possible but not recommended.

Kenkage said:

Sorry for going back a page or two here but I've seen this too, were you on a hill or incline by any chance? For some reason the physics seems to think you're falling on top of each other and will cause 1~2 damage constantly.

Okay, I'm a female character and how do I get my husband to stop hanging around his Dad's place? I have Reindi castle and he keeps on staying in his father's castle (can't remember the name but it's near by with it's back to the mountain). His fief is there, but it's not as if at my castle he won't be close.

I was annoyed when I organised a feast at his father's castle:???:

Back
Top Bottom