-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Oyipggy said:
I never used a throwing weapon in the original, so does having points in horse archery make throwing a weapon from horseback more accurate? I did a few searches and I think I found that the answer to this question is yes, but it was really only a few unconvincing answers. The description for horse archery says "ranged weapons", so I'm willing to believe that, but would rather not invest points there on my level 35 character if they're plain useless.

So, can anyone definitively say yes or no?
Yes; Horse Archer helps with any projectiles. That means that you'll be better off with bows, crossbows, javelins, throwing spears, jarids, thrown-axes, throwing knives, et cetera.

Bobsama said:
]Yes; Horse Archer helps with any projectiles. That means that you'll be better off with bows, crossbows, javelins, throwing spears, jarids, thrown-axes, throwing knives, et cetera.

Great, thank you!

Idk if this question has been asked, but when a lord says the whole thing about "One must serve a tyrant to keep the peace, but rebellion keeps the kings honest. Circumstance is all," which is the best dialog option for them? I never seem to be able to sway them.

KillerDudeMan said:
Idk if this question has been asked, but when a lord says the whole thing about "One must serve a tyrant to keep the peace, but rebellion keeps the kings honest. Circumstance is all," which is the best dialog option for them? I never seem to be able to sway them.
The same one as you usually use. From my experiences, each option will conflict with 2 others. For example, saying you're protect the peasants will appeal to honorable lords while saying you'll protect the nobles will appeal to dishonorable warlords (or something). Saying both to different people means that they'll be less likely since they hear about your prior points; if you make conflicting points, they'll dislike it.

Usually, just always use the same option.

Bobsama said:
KillerDudeMan said:
The same one as you usually use. From my experiences, each option will conflict with 2 others. For example, saying you're protect the peasants will appeal to honorable lords while saying you'll protect the nobles will appeal to dishonorable warlords (or something). Saying both to different people means that they'll be less likely since they hear about your prior points; if you make conflicting points, they'll dislike it.

Usually, just always use the same option.
Fine with me, thnx

Oyipggy said:
I never used a throwing weapon in the original, so does having points in horse archery make throwing a weapon from horseback more accurate? I did a few searches and I think I found that the answer to this question is yes, but it was really only a few unconvincing answers. The description for horse archery says "ranged weapons", so I'm willing to believe that, but would rather not invest points there on my level 35 character if they're plain useless.

So, can anyone definitively say yes or no?

horse archery increases the accuracy of any ranged weapon used while riding a horse. throwing weapons, bows, crossbows, any ranged weapons.

so yes it helps.

New question: Is it possible to damage someone through shields?

I seem to be doing a few points damage when I hit enemy shields in specific areas (where the arm would be, or even where the head is). I'm using a Masterwork Siege Crossbow and a boatload of Steel Bolts, and I'm doing damage through the shields (as much as 50 damage for a headshot through a shield). Is this normal? Am I glitching? It seems to happen much more frequently to lower-tier units (such as Nord Footmen, Trained Footmen, and sometimes Warriors) than higher-tier units (Nord Veterans & Huscarls).

Bobsama said:

I seem to be doing a few points damage when I hit enemy shields in specific areas (where the arm would be, or even where the head is). I'm using a Masterwork Siege Crossbow and a boatload of Steel Bolts, and I'm doing damage through the shields (as much as 50 damage for a headshot through a shield). Is this normal? Am I glitching? It seems to happen much more frequently to lower-tier units (such as Nord Footmen, Trained Footmen, and sometimes Warriors) than higher-tier units (Nord Veterans & Huscarls).
That shield skill you have increases the radius the shield protects, I'm pretty sure it does anyways

herre said:
Bobsama said:

That shield skill you have increases the radius the shield protects, I'm pretty sure it does anyways
I know that it does that and it decreases damage to shields--but is it normal/possible to cause damage through a shield without a Crush weapon? As I said, I'm doing this damage with a Masterwork Siege Crossbow and my proficiency is pretty high (well over 200). The bolts seem to be rising a touch high and to the right, but I'm doing this damage against fully functional shields, damaged shields, breaking shields, and of course no shields at all. Usually the damage is small (1-5 against high-tier, 5-15 against low-tier) but sending a bolt towards their head is quite effective (30-50 against high-tier, 50-90 against low-tier).

Bob I had the same thing happen with my Flintlock pistol. So I think its possible for piercing projectiles to sometimes pass shields. (maybe go strait through?)

Kenkage said:
Bob I had the same thing happen with my Flintlock pistol. So I think its possible for piercing projectiles to sometimes pass shields. (maybe go strait through?)
I don't know about straight through. Is there a way to spawn a training dummy to test damage by the area hit? It seems that the shields do catch the bolts, or at least slow them down. The other possibility is that Diplomacy or 1.127 or something else (ie corruption) is causing soldiers arms to clip through the shield's protective area and thus be hit. Still, that doesn't explain why or how I can get lower-damage headshots. Normally, a headshot does anywhere from 90 to at least 150 damage--the low-end enough to kill if not KO even the toughest of enemies with heavy helmets.

Back in early beta crossbows could pierce shields, dealing partial damage. It was definitely taken out, so not sure what's happening.

I couldn't find where I read it but I'm pretty sure I've read that crossbow bolts has the potential to deal damage through shields. Sorry I can't be of more help and I'm pretty sure I didn't dream this one up.

Sigh... script time for me.
Oki let's pull it out here

If Missile Damage is greather than > 30 + 3 * Shield
Then the missile will penetrate the shield.. aka go through

I am not sure what Shield stats it takes, it could be Resistance so 10 + 2 + 5 = 20... so if damage greater than 20 it will go through shield. I do not know if it does full damage or it's damage minus the penetration value.

Karmine said:
Sigh... script time for me.
Oki let's pull it out here

If Missile Damage is greather than > 30 + 3 * Shield
Then the missile will penetrate the shield.. aka go through

I am not sure what Shield stats it takes, it could be Resistance so 10 + 2 + 5 = 20... so if damage greater than 20 it will go through shield. I do not know if it does full damage or it's damage minus the penetration value.
Interesting. So hit zones are still counted? It seems that it's full damage minus the shield's protectiveness.

Hey, I told a claimant I'd get all his land back, and have yet to declare pretty much any of the land I conquer to anyone other then one castle for each of the two lords that got indicted and ran to me like chickens without heads. I want to know if and when I claim all the Nord land, unassigned land goes to the claimant? Since I plan on rebelling as soon as I get the quest done, he was just my ticket to a kingdom with my fiefs.

Assassinator1097 said:
Hey, I told a claimant I'd get all his land back, and have yet to declare pretty much any of the land I conquer to anyone other then one castle for each of the two lords that got indicted and ran to me like chickens without heads. I want to know if and when I claim all the Nord land, unassigned land goes to the claimant? Since I plan on rebelling as soon as I get the quest done, he was just my ticket to a kingdom with my fiefs.
Unassigned land stays unassigned land, but when the claimant quest done it pretty much recreates the old Kingdom, just with a different ruler, so you don't have control over any of it anymore.

Also, similar to the crossbow bolt penetration thing, I wanted to know about this 'feature.' I've noticed that very rarely in melee, either me or the opponent will be attacking each other and all of a sudden one side will keep taking damage and getting interrupted as though they were being kicked constantly. It happens regardless of how well you're blocking and seems to go through shields as well.

Jude said:
Assassinator1097 said:
Unassigned land stays unassigned land, but when the claimant quest done it pretty much recreates the old Kingdom, just with a different ruler, so you don't have control over any of it anymore.

-Snip-

All right, thank you, so is there anyway to quit the quest, etc?

Back
Top Bottom