-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Note -- if they're only engaged and not actually fully married yet, if a minstrel tells you this you can talk to the husband-to-be and challenge him to a duel for her hand.  She may not like that though, depending on her personality.  To wed Svipul I had to fight off three other Jarls, the third actually betrothed to her out of the blue, but I got in before the wedding to break em up. She liked me beating up her suitors and I sort of wondered if she accepted other men so she could see me beat them bloody.

Karmine said:
StinkyMcGirk said:
Anyone know how the randomized statistics on troops works?  I thought they changed every time you start a new game, but now I seem to be stuck with the same randomized stats on my troops new game or not.

Example:  Swadian Sergeants in my troops.txt have 3 ironskin / 4 power strike.  In game, they have 3 ironskin / 6 powerstrike
Example2:  Vaegir knights in my troops.txt have 4 ironskin / 4 power strike.  In game, they have 5 ironskin / 4 powerstrike

There's also a random sprinling of points into things like trainer, tracking, persuasion etc. on pretty much all higher tier troops... so I'm assuming that higher level troops get some kind of bonus skills randomly assigned?  Please explain how that works.

All troops are already set in a troops.txt file in your module folder.

Nah, I uninstalled mount & blade entirely before installing 1.127, it's a totally clean install, and as I said before, the troops.txt stats are different from what they are in game.  I read another poster saying that there is some random attributes assigned to units every time you start a new game...  I wanted someone to explain that system further.  I know that's the only way there could be different stats in the troops.txt than what I have in game - so long as it isn't an old savegame from a past patch or mod - and it certainly is a clean native folder.

Refilling missiles during combat

During a combat, if your character opens his stash and there is another missile quiver there, the quiver that your character wears is refilled. Does anyone know if it is necessary to have a spare quiver in the stash or is just sufficient to run to the stash and open it even if there are no extra missiles in there?

i actually gained +1 relations, she didn't seem to like it but she said it was quite romantic, my relation is still low though, hopefully she'll send word that she wants to see me, in the mean time i'll have to keep a watch for anymore potential grooms... :mrgreen:

Hello!

So I took up the offer of the Nordic Claiment, and I am having trouble getting Lords to join me. I was good friends (30+) with two lords who decided not to join me. Anyway, to my questions...

Can I ask a Lord again a while after to join my cause?

Does the claiment ever leave your party and start his own party?

How do you make companions Lords? I don't have the option when talking to them.

acrb101 said:
So I took up the offer of the Nordic Claiment, and I am having trouble getting Lords to join me. I was good friends (30+) with two lords who decided not to join me. Anyway, to my questions...
Whether or not a Lord will join you depends on military strength, you and your allies relations with them versus their own, and whether or not they like your reason for having them join you. I think stuff like persuasion, honour and that also help. But try having a lot higher than just 30.

Can I ask a Lord again a while after to join my cause?
Nope, if they turn you down, they'll never come back. However, once the claimant quest is complete, all of the Lords will automatically join the new Kingdom.

Does the claiment ever leave your party and start his own party?
Once you complete the claimant quest he leaves your party and becomes, well, a king. 200-400 size army and all that.

How do you make companions Lords? I don't have the option when talking to them.
As a ruler, you need to own a Lordless fief. You can give it to them after that, and they become a Lord.
Note that giving fiefs to non-nobles makes all the nobles angry, and companion Lords tend to have smaller parties unless you give them a lot of leadership. I think number of fiefs might also be a factor in army size, not sure.

I have an unowned castle, but I can't give it to any of my companions. I have Matheld, and Firentis with me, as I believe they are nobles.

acrb101 said:
I have an unowned castle, but I can't give it to any of my companions. I have Matheld, and Firentis with me, as I believe they are nobles.
You also said you're doing the claimant quest.

You need to be your own Kingdom to do it.

Big_man said:
ha i never saw that  :oops:  but he still isn't a noble
Yes he is.

Hidziro said:
Is there any secrets in warband like samurai stuff in normal M&b?
The only secret I know if is the same samurai stuff, but you need the editor to get most of the set.
The two pieces you don't need the editor for are in Rivacheg. Go left past the armorer and at the end of the street there should be a haystack to the right, the corner of the chest is poking out of it.

And the other two pieces you just go to... I think Tihr and Jelkala, not entirely sure, and then just spawn chest_a

I asked a father for permission to court his daughter, and he's high enough relation/I have enough renown that he would have agreed, but he told me she was off limits because the young Boyar ******* is courting her. I went up to him and attempted to duel him to get her to stop trying for my girl, but there was no dialogue option for it. Do I have to have the quest from the girl? I don't want to declare myself as her admirer yet because I don't have the father's permission.

Whats your renown and what's his.

Also keep checking minstrels and if they say he stopped pursuing her, go ask again.

BHunterSEAL said:
I asked a father for permission to court his daughter, and he's high enough relation/I have enough renown that he would have agreed, but he told me she was off limits because the young Boyar ******* is courting her. I went up to him and attempted to duel him to get her to stop trying for my girl, but there was no dialogue option for it. Do I have to have the quest from the girl? I don't want to declare myself as her admirer yet because I don't have the father's permission.
Or try again and hope that daddy doesn't get pissed off. :razz: She may ask you to duel if she dislikes her other matches.

Anyways, to get a father's permission, you need decent relations with him. In addition, if she's already courting someone, you need to have a higher renowned than that match. So if Boyar ___ has 600 renowned, you need 601 renowned to get permission. Go fight some more.

I never used a throwing weapon in the original, so does having points in horse archery make throwing a weapon from horseback more accurate? I did a few searches and I think I found that the answer to this question is yes, but it was really only a few unconvincing answers. The description for horse archery says "ranged weapons", so I'm willing to believe that, but would rather not invest points there on my level 35 character if they're plain useless.

So, can anyone definitively say yes or no?

Back
Top Bottom