• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

toadstomper

Recruit
I have been told to hunt down a criminal hiding in a village. I ride to that village, and the elder says to look around and I will find him. I have looked all over the village and in the hills surrounding the village. No trace of him. Can anyone tell me how to find the criminals in these missions? Are they in the town? Outside of the town in the countryside? Help Please
 

SomeBloke

Recruit
toadstomper said:
I have been told to hunt down a criminal hiding in a village. I ride to that village, and the elder says to look around and I will find him. I have looked all over the village and in the hills surrounding the village. No trace of him. Can anyone tell me how to find the criminals in these missions? Are they in the town? Outside of the town in the countryside? Help Please

Check in any sheds, and behind all the buildings.  Look for a "Nervous Man" to pop up when you get close.  They always stand still, and behind something.
 

Karmine

Veteran
WB
Assassinator1097 said:
How do you stop relations with lords declining when assigning fiefs?
By modding the game, the relation loss also decreases the more Lords you have. It's hard to be the king.
 

Kenkage

Veteran
Anyone happen to have the link to Narf's armor pack? I want to try it out but I can't find it in search. And can't seem to find it in mods without it being part of another mod.
 
Karmine said:
Assassinator1097 said:
How do you stop relations with lords declining when assigning fiefs?
By modding the game, the relation loss also decreases the more Lords you have. It's hard to be the king.

So there is no way to stop relation decrease AT ALL? In game?

I remember something about feasting...
 

Jude

Sergeant
Greedy Lords will always get mad when you give someone besides them a fief. They don't care if they already own every single fief on the map.

You can do things to increase relation with them, but you can't stop the decrease from fief assigning.

This can be solved by getting rid of your greedy Lords though.
 

RobustTurd

Sergeant
WB
I decided to make my character a thrower, but only later found out that throwing sucks. Is there anyway to take my points out of throwing and put some to power draw instead either by editing some lines or using other cheat-like features?
 

Caba`drin

Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Ilwuen said:
I decided to make my character a thrower, but only later found out that throwing sucks. Is there anyway to take my points out of throwing and put some to power draw instead either by editing some lines or using other cheat-like features?

In your Character page, click statistics. Then choose "Export Character." A text file is created in \Documents\Mount & Blade Warband\Characters\  Then, edit to your heart's desire. Save. Return to game, choosing "Import Character." Voila.
 

BHunterSEAL

Veteran
M&B
Ilwuen said:
I decided to make my character a thrower, but only later found out that throwing sucks. Is there anyway to take my points out of throwing and put some to power draw instead either by editing some lines or using other cheat-like features?

I often put points into throwing and horse archery for a knight-type character. Why? You have four inventory slots. If I'm playing a mounted warrior, one of them is going to be a lance, one will be a shield, and one will be a sword (early game) or morningstar (later on--armored opponents but higher strength requirement). That leaves me one "free" spot. I used to use this for a two-hander, but I only used that in sieges, when I would have time to swap that out for a lance (and my Heater for a Board). So it was basically a waste for open battles. Packing a crossbow or war bow means sacrificing either your lance or your shield (you don't want to forgo your single-handed weapon).

The solution was thrown weapons, like Jarids, Javelins, Throwing Axes or Spears (which I haven't tried). I don't bother with daggers, stones, etc--too little damage. Obviously, upping Power Throw and Horse Archery is skill-point intensive, so you'll need companions to pick up on the party skills that you're sacrificing to get throwing and horse archery for. You also want to pump all of your level-up proficiency points into Throwing, because with a low Throwing score (as my characters tend to start out with) it's damn near impossible to hit anything. Generally, and with a high Weapon Master, you'll get plenty of points in Polearms and One-Handers from normal combat.

Using Thrown weapons does take some practice and fine-tuning, especially because they tend to have wildly different flight characteristics. You're going to want to be pretty close to an enemy and not waste precious ammo if you can avoid it. Using them against charging cavalry is particularly effective due to the speed damage bonus. They also make fighting Khergits much easier, as you tend to be just a bit slower than them due to Coursers and lighter armor.
 
SomeBloke said:
toadstomper said:
I have been told to hunt down a criminal hiding in a village. I ride to that village, and the elder says to look around and I will find him. I have looked all over the village and in the hills surrounding the village. No trace of him. Can anyone tell me how to find the criminals in these missions? Are they in the town? Outside of the town in the countryside? Help Please

Check in any sheds, and behind all the buildings.  Look for a "Nervous Man" to pop up when you get close.  They always stand still, and behind something.

What he said. Sometimes they can be hidden in fields, behind buildings, and even in some pretty trippy places. He is in the village, as long as the quest is still active. I think once I spent about 10 minutes, left, re-entered the village, searched another 6 minutes, and finally found him. It's tough sometimes.
 

Da-V-Man

Squire
BHunterSEAL said:
Ilwuen said:
I decided to make my character a thrower, but only later found out that throwing sucks. Is there anyway to take my points out of throwing and put some to power draw instead either by editing some lines or using other cheat-like features?

I often put points into throwing and horse archery for a knight-type character. Why? You have four inventory slots. If I'm playing a mounted warrior, one of them is going to be a lance, one will be a shield, and one will be a sword (early game) or morningstar (later on--armored opponents but higher strength requirement). That leaves me one "free" spot. I used to use this for a two-hander, but I only used that in sieges, when I would have time to swap that out for a lance (and my Heater for a Board). So it was basically a waste for open battles. Packing a crossbow or war bow means sacrificing either your lance or your shield (you don't want to forgo your single-handed weapon).

The solution was thrown weapons, like Jarids, Javelins, Throwing Axes or Spears (which I haven't tried). I don't bother with daggers, stones, etc--too little damage. Obviously, upping Power Throw and Horse Archery is skill-point intensive, so you'll need companions to pick up on the party skills that you're sacrificing to get throwing and horse archery for. You also want to pump all of your level-up proficiency points into Throwing, because with a low Throwing score (as my characters tend to start out with) it's damn near impossible to hit anything. Generally, and with a high Weapon Master, you'll get plenty of points in Polearms and One-Handers from normal combat.

Using Thrown weapons does take some practice and fine-tuning, especially because they tend to have wildly different flight characteristics. You're going to want to be pretty close to an enemy and not waste precious ammo if you can avoid it. Using them against charging cavalry is particularly effective due to the speed damage bonus. They also make fighting Khergits much easier, as you tend to be just a bit slower than them due to Coursers and lighter armor.

On my main character, I too have 2 points in throwing, for a stack of Jarids that I carry around with me. They're good for hitting large mobs, mounted enemies (they work well against warhorses), and routing troops. Plus, when you're fighting enemies with who use throwing weapons en masse (Nords, Sarranids), you just throw yours, pick up some more and throw them back. I also gave my companions throwing daggers because they don't have any powerthrow and the slot is otherwise not used.

2 or 3 points in power throw is enough.
 

Oyipggy

Master Knight
M&BWB
I think they all do have the same accuracy. They start with the same accuracy, but that is decreased the more Power Draw you need to use it. If you edited a War Bow to get rid of the Power Draw requirement, it would be like a hunting bow with more damage. Probably.

And trust me, you want it that way. There was a mod (TEATRC?) which gave bows accuracies in the 60s/70s. It was horrible. :lol: You had to run around chasing the elite, really badass Vaegir Archers to loot a bow with 99 accuracy, and they did all they could to stop you from getting it, because they all had those 99 accuracy bows. I had an army of them once, and all you needed to do was tell them to hold fire until the enemy was within close range, and they would just kill everything.
 

Da-V-Man

Squire
I think you're thinking of Native Expansion. All the bows had <99 accuracy but an elite Vaegir bow. I also think that they're at 99 for balance reasons, ie vs crossbows.
 

Ronnar

Regular
WBWF&S
A few days ago I started playing and I am already addicted  :wink:

My first game went well so far, but now I had to rebel as King Harlaus was denying me fiefs that I had conquered.

This left me with a kingdom with a number of unassigned fiefs, both castles and villages. I now wonder what is best to do with these fiefs?

  • Claim them for myself, to get out of deficit spending?
  • Leave them unassigned to attract nobles joining my new kingdom?
  • Claim most, but leave a few villages unassigned?

And another question: A lord joined my kingdom the very first day. I gave him a castle + village right away which would have been hard for me to defend as it is some distance away from my capital.
However, this guy never showed up? His wife and daughter are in my capital (not in his castle). When I ask them where he is, the reply always is that they do not know where he is ...
 

Da-V-Man

Squire
I would think it best to leave the castles and villages to the lords, and keep the towns (that's where the money's made IIRC).
 

Bobsama

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWB
Ronnar said:
A few days ago I started playing and I am already addicted  :wink:

My first game went well so far, but now I had to rebel as King Harlaus was denying me fiefs that I had conquered.

This left me with a kingdom with a number of unassigned fiefs, both castles and villages. I now wonder what is best to do with these fiefs?

  • Claim them for myself, to get out of deficit spending?
  • Leave them unassigned to attract nobles joining my new kingdom?
  • Claim most, but leave a few villages unassigned?

And another question: A lord joined my kingdom the very first day. I gave him a castle + village right away which would have been hard for me to defend as it is some distance away from my capital.
However, this guy never showed up? His wife and daughter are in my capital (not in his castle). When I ask them where he is, the reply always is that they do not know where he is ...
It can take the AI lords a few days to show up.

I find that I keep a "capital" town and then I prefer the castle in/near the Sea Raider spawns. This keeps me from paying too much for the garrison (if I'm lucky, I can fill it for <600d/week) and giving me a fortress in prime bandit land. Sea Raiders and Taiga Bandits bring in >100d/prisioner, and recruiting Manhunters can, over time, build a big and powerful slaver force.
 
Top Bottom