-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband normally seems to run just perfectly no matter what's going on, but sometimes during sieges and the forest bandit lair, my fps will drop to 5-20.

I've got a ATI HD 5870
2.5ghz quadcore
8 GB RAM

Any idea what's with this slowdown in those specific places? I'd be scared to try the battle sizer mod with how bad it gets already there.

Jude said:
Warband normally seems to run just perfectly no matter what's going on, but sometimes during sieges and the forest bandit lair, my fps will drop to 5-20.

I've got a ATI HD 5870
2.5ghz quadcore
8 GB RAM

Any idea what's with this slowdown in those specific places? I'd be scared to try the battle sizer mod with how bad it gets already there.

Try to set Ragdolls to 0, if the problem still exist you may have set everything too high in settings... I am running the game with fine FPS always with much much worse... but I however got the quality much much lower than you.

I'll try that next time I get into a siege, but it doesn't explain the forest bandit lair. There's only like 40 men total who spawn? Maybe even just 30.

Jude said:
But that would defeat the purpose of my all Huscarl army!

Even me and my companions are dressed like Huscarls.

Just keep your morale high, you know by zerging everything everything you see with your horde of huscarls. They'll stick around. Also, when it does happen a lot of times it's like 3 at a time. Morale hit can be managed.

RndmNumGenerator said:
What actions cause you to gain controversy? I know some quests do(like the denounce lord one) but I keep finding myself with high amounts (50-80) at the most inopportune moments; say, when the Marshal position is open, or when a new castle/town is up for grabs.

Second slightly unrelated question: When you are denied a fief and revolt against your king, are you still at war with the faction you originally took the fief from in addition to your old country?

Denouncing lords for sure. If you do a lot of those then that's your issue. Marshalls get the most controversy so if you'r enot one at the time I don't know what else. Marshalls get some every time a fight is lost or a village/casatle/town is taken. Basically any war damage the enemy causes earns the current marshall some controversy from what I remember.

CptStanky said:
Jude said:
But that would defeat the purpose of my all Huscarl army!

Even me and my companions are dressed like Huscarls.

Just keep your morale high, you know by zerging everything everything you see with your horde of huscarls. They'll stick around. Also, when it does happen a lot of times it's like 3 at a time. Morale hit can be managed.
If you have a garrison, then you can toss all your regular troops troops in and just Wait there. If you do that for a few days, you'll max your morale again and that'll buy you a few days out in the field.

Sieges are a horrible way to up morale, at least for infantry-based armies. Unless you're using an all-Vaegir Archer or all-Rhodock Sharpshooter force, you tend to lose quite a few more men than you kill, so you get morale hits, even if you have a K:grin: ratio >1.

I explained well and clear what happened for the massive morale penalty. My morale never dropped a single point off 99.

But the game thought I was my own kingdom instead of a Nordic claimant helper man, so I got this juicy little extra:

Extra morale for Kingdom of Nord troops: -253

Anyways I've long since put Lethwin on the throne and helped invade surrounding lands.

I've since started a new project.

Jude said:
I explained well and clear what happened for the massive morale penalty. My morale never dropped a single point off 99.

But the game thought I was my own kingdom instead of a Nordic claimant helper man, so I got this juicy little extra:

Extra morale for Kingdom of Nord troops: -253

Anyways I've long since put Lethwin on the throne and helped invade surrounding lands.

I've since started a new project.
Nords are, of course, viscous fortress defenders and none too shabby in open fields. I've found that 100 Knights will usually come out ahead against a mixed force of ~400 Nords, though you will take a few casualties.

anyone know of a tweak so i can boost my relations with a lady, i've been waiting for there to be a feast in the town she's located in, every time i've been there, there hasn't been a tournament, i have excellent relations with her father and brother, finally, day 300+ there's a feast been held, the tournaments are only giving me +1 relation with her and she's already betroved to someone else, i've read that having a relation of 20, i can duel the man she's betroved to, it's gonna be a pain to do all these tournaments...

Anyone know how the randomized statistics on troops works?  I thought they changed every time you start a new game, but now I seem to be stuck with the same randomized stats on my troops new game or not.

Example:  Swadian Sergeants in my troops.txt have 3 ironskin / 4 power strike.  In game, they have 3 ironskin / 6 powerstrike
Example2:  Vaegir knights in my troops.txt have 4 ironskin / 4 power strike.  In game, they have 5 ironskin / 4 powerstrike

There's also a random sprinling of points into things like trainer, tracking, persuasion etc. on pretty much all higher tier troops... so I'm assuming that higher level troops get some kind of bonus skills randomly assigned?  Please explain how that works.

Well, I was going to say that you should start a new game (ie if you patched mid-game the troop stats don't update) but if you're starting new ones and it's not working... are you playing an old version of, say, Diplomacy thats's designed for an earlier version of Warband? Ie, make sure any mods you're using are current to 1.27 (assumiung that's what you're using).

StinkyMcGirk said:
There's also a random sprinling of points into things like trainer, tracking, persuasion etc. on pretty much all higher tier troops... so I'm assuming that higher level troops get some kind of bonus skills randomly assigned?  Please explain how that works.

I thought those skills could also be spend on the fighting skills (in my own trooptree I had a troop in game with 1 PS more than I gave him), that could explain why the in game stats are higher than the txt-stats.

StinkyMcGirk said:
Anyone know how the randomized statistics on troops works?  I thought they changed every time you start a new game, but now I seem to be stuck with the same randomized stats on my troops new game or not.

Example:  Swadian Sergeants in my troops.txt have 3 ironskin / 4 power strike.  In game, they have 3 ironskin / 6 powerstrike
Example2:  Vaegir knights in my troops.txt have 4 ironskin / 4 power strike.  In game, they have 5 ironskin / 4 powerstrike

All troops are already set in a troops.txt file in your module folder.

Lizard_man said:
anyone know of a tweak so i can boost my relations with a lady, i've been waiting for there to be a feast in the town she's located in, every time i've been there, there hasn't been a tournament, i have excellent relations with her father and brother, finally, day 300+ there's a feast been held, the tournaments are only giving me +1 relation with her and she's already betroved to someone else, i've read that having a relation of 20, i can duel the man she's betroved to, it's gonna be a pain to do all these tournaments...

Well.... CheatMenu works... and yea you only need 20 relation points to marry her... also as soon as you got 1+ relation with her she will ask you to visit her after 7 days since last time you talked... each time you visit her you gain 1+ point.... and you can tell her poems you learned that also gives relation bonuses.

So with all poems learned you only need around 10 visits... that is 70 days... if you really need a tweak I guess I could search through the codes and make you one.

nah it's alright Karmine, looks like the current feast is for her wedding, i had +8 relations with her since more or less the start of my game, she never asked me to visit though, i didn't tell her i was her admirer, i've done everything else right in my game, messed up this though, can you steal brides from there husbands... :mrgreen:

Lizard_man said:
nah it's alright Karmine, looks like the current feast is for her wedding, i had +8 relations with her since more or less the start of my game, she never asked me to visit though, i didn't tell her i was her admirer, i've done everything else right in my game, messed up this though, can you steal brides from there husbands... :mrgreen:

No - even if the husband defects or leaves Calradia, once a lady is married ingame they are unattainable.

If you've professed your love you might also try to see if a minstrel is int he tavern. I don't know how large the window for that sort of thing is but you might be able to take him on by asking about your woman and see if you get an option to be pissed about the news. Not sure if you can do that after they are betrothed.

Lizard_man said:

if shes betrothed (married), you cant do anything for her, to her, with her, etc.

act like she is just gone from the world altogether.

hmm, that's unfortunate, i tried that CptStanky, seems i missed my opportunity, ****, this has messed up my entire plan, i might start again, maybe import my character... :cry:

yeah it's definitely for them, only feast the towns had in my entire game, i didn't tell her i was her admirer from the start because i lost 2 relations with her, so i was waiting for a feast so i could get my relations higher, i recently capured suno aswell, dhashwal took my town and my woman, i'm so angry i could just rebel and crush everyone... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom