Official Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
O5q5OZB.jpg

Much of this mod has been made because of suggestions from followers. I am always open to new suggestions and ideas to help improve the mod. Post them here if you have any.

Can you please make the cinematic or side camera view optional? It's pretty cool to have when you are running around in a settlement but during battles it becomes a little frustrating to orient yourself on the map. Other than that, the mod is superb, really a masterpiece!!!

i would recommend making small parties of 40-80 zombies a fairly regular occurrence, patrolling the map to make it feel more like a zombie apocalypse

And every once in a while make events like what is done in Phantasy Calradia or Perisno where a large horde of zombies like 200-300 spawn to make things challenging and maybe batter some of the Lord's armies as well as our own.

It would make it feel more like a zombie game, and i thought the way you did zombies was awesome just underused, i have never even seen an Alpha force zombie yet! it would also make the map navigating a little more important so you dont get swarmed by 300 zombies with like 10 people

There is a distinct lack of stuff to fight on the world map. I have been safely sustaining myself by running back and forth around to gather supplies and then selling them to the merchants in towns. I'd be careful never to have more than 100 or so zombies in a horde and also make them quite slow, so that you do not end up against them in the early game when you don't have enough bullets even if you headshot each one.

Can you make it so we can choose any name we want for our son/daughter/dog instead of just the four options?

I remember some interesting suggestions that are now buried in the old thread. I could try to dig some of them up and post them here in the official thread.

My suggestions:

-Adding options to manage a city, as you can find in many other mods. Like recruiting troops etc.
-Add specific dialogs. My daughter keeps saying she'll fight me to death. Damn brat. Same for people in the tavern, or childs in towns.
-Add the possibility to found your own town and manage it.

ALECOS said:
i would recommend making small parties of 40-80 zombies a fairly regular occurrence, patrolling the map to make it feel more like a zombie apocalypse

And every once in a while make events like what is done in Phantasy Calradia or Perisno where a large horde of zombies like 200-300 spawn to make things challenging and maybe batter some of the Lord's armies as well as our own.

It would make it feel more like a zombie game, and i thought the way you did zombies was awesome just underused, i have never even seen an Alpha force zombie yet! it would also make the map navigating a little more important so you dont get swarmed by 300 zombies with like 10 people
Agree, I liked that in Phantasy Calradia, haven't tried Perisno too much though.

EDIT: Also, please La Grandmaster let double barreled guns have only two shots.

Could you please make the ammo system optional? I'd prefer to be able to just have the old system of ammunition instead of only being able to carry 8 - 14 shots and being further limited to how much ammo I have in my inventory, it's absolutely infuriating to get caught by a large band of random bandits and then run out of ammo halfway through the battle, the insane limitations makes firearms not even worth using, and pretty unfair since the NPCs don't have any such limitations, so they can waste as much ammo as they want.

@ ALACOS 40 - 80 isn't small, that's larger than most survivor parties. 2 to 15 would be enough. Having a party of over 200 zombies spawn randomly is bloody retarded, that'd get infuriatingly tedious, especially since killing zombies is pretty damned easy, just keep walking backwards and doing a downwards swing when they're close enough.

Man, what's with every one asking for insanely huge zombie parties?

I'd like to see some of the features seen in Brytenwalda:

-Bleeding
-Injuries
-Weapon breaking
-Stamina
-Ambushes
-Lair building

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
since the NPCs don't have any such limitations, so they can waste as much ammo as they want

Maybe we should add ammo to npcs as well  :twisted:

I am still exploring the new world, so I may be talking about stuff that is already planned/in the works/discarded:

Suggestion 1:
New looting system that let us take the weapons from the defeated enemies. They could be of bad quality/low value with a rare good weapon in the mix, but it is strange to fight a band of 10 bandits with machine guns and later all you get is a box of 9mm ammo (I want new weapons :XD).

Suggestion 2:
Make clear that bites are not fatal in this universe. There are many forms of zombies -> in some cases you turn only if you die, so wounds are not dangerous per si. What we have now is a NPC afraid you were bitten... but if you are nothing happens anyway.

Suggestion 3:
Lair building (@kraggrim mentioned it) to create a survival camp where you can have a storage unit, npcs to send on gathering missions, doctor to heal wounds, trainer to help level up soldiers.

Suggestion 4:
-Weapon breaking (@kraggrim again): guns jamming depending on skill like weapon repair for a few seconds (it would help increase the horror effect too)
- Break melee weapons

Suggestion 5:
- Stamina (dammnit @kraggrim :XD): to help make a difference between ranged characters (high gun skills) versus melee characters (strong, good stamina, can run faster, etc). Also using stamina with melee weapons can help the horror effect as you get tired.
  -> ranged character -> no ammo -> gets hammer -> 10 hits later is soo tired that cant hit the next zombie...  :dead:

Suggestion 6:
- Hitboxes for zombies:
  - headshot: kill
  - leg shot: slow down
  - arms shot: decreases zombie damage.
  - chest shot: low damage on the zombie, should not allow to kill it. Could add knockback effects.

I will add more stuff once I have a chance to hunt more zombies  :mrgreen:

Is it possible to get rid of the text spam? I turn everything off to avoid that but you've hard-coded it. Can that information (namely about ammo and firing) not be relegated to the corner using a presentation?

A more interesting starting scene would be cool. Perhaps you hear gunshots in the forest and come across a camp with a couple people about to be overrun by zombies.

In regards to the starting scene, the zombie and the merchant probably shouldn't spawn in the open where you can see them appear. The merchant should probably run, too. I spend all my ammo thinking he was another zombie.

I know this is a smaller suggestion but i noticed all the higher tier US infantry have like only sniper rifles and what not, i think thats okay for rangers or infantry but rangers and infantry both having snipers is kind of odd, maybe if there were some m16's and SCARS or like a way to modify troop load-outs ourselves. Also distinct lack of gasmasks in american troops HOWEVER small so obviously not priority if ever but it would be much appreciated :grin:

This mod is amazing, and the troop trees and stuff will probably be fixed since they're a piece of cake comparing to what La grandmaster already did. But one thing that is ruining the experience for me the most is the small size of battlefields. It would be better IMO if battlefields were larger and enemies spawned a little further so that theres time for my troops to take cover. Congrats once again on the great work!

I know that there are quite a lot minor factions included in your mod already, but I'd love to see a Chinese (and Asian faces too!), Russian or any other non-American faction that wants to use the chaos to gain influence in America or maybe was forced to seek refuge there. I think it would add more variety to the mod and give players like me who, to put it lightly, aren't fans of American culture an alternative. I respect your choice of setting of course, it's just a suggestion. Other than that, the mod has the potential to become one of the best, if not THE best Mount & Blade mod out there. The amount of new features included in the alpha version is really impressive and it's starting to feel like a whole new game already. So thank you for all the work done and good luck on further development of the mod.

I do not want to spoil your impression, but without scripter, the module is doomed. It does not have even basic things like filter of trophies.

But I really like gait of zombies.

NightHawkreal said:
I do not want to spoil your impression, but without scripter, the module is doomed. It does not have even basic things like filter of trophies.

But I really like gait of zombies.

Yep, I hope scripter will join Grandmaster soon. I sent few massages. Grandmaster made great platform, but we cannot expect "one man show". He need some help.

Back
Top Bottom