Official Screenshots and Video Thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

FA02932659CEB3D4954FBB285B54969D5EEBB529
An old picture of my polish ulan company. Sadly the 1.2 patch killed it  :sad:

Some pictures when I was messing around.

34no2ad.png

2a56pv.png

n63rrl.png

2i7y904.png

fxe6i9.png

Field Marshal Alexis' Grand Army:

Commanded by Alexis, 'smartest of the smartest'.
24wft75.png

Having a friendly chat with his aide-de-camp, also inspecting his army.
sevdpz.png

The Old Guard Lieutenant, Antoun Soliman.
iw15di.jpg

Here is the magnificent regiment of Old Guard, the most elite.
2hnulox.png

The Line Infantry Lieutenant, the faithful Bunduk.
28mpa50.png

The wonderful Line Infantry Regiment.
2lvny9d.png

The fitting Harold O'Kelly, Lieutenant of the Cuirassiers.
20uwz9t.png

And at last, the great Cuirassiers.
mi0878.png

And at the end of the day, the officers rejoice in the local tavern - "The Running Goblet".
sya3de.png

The Mighty McLovin said:
2m7hfa1.png

Come on, Sharpe!
358c5ds.jpg

Sharpe is lame and overrated.  It's a shame that out of all of Sean Bean's characters, he happens to be the only one that DIDN'T die.  -,-

i saw the scene with the waterloo advance of the guard in the sharpe series.
i hadn't seen any sharpe at all. but it made me laugh when after all the beating
the guard took, an officer comes forward and says: "mensieur la garde recule"
in a "nothing has really happened" style. epic!

Inzunza said:
The Mighty McLovin said:
2m7hfa1.png

Come on, Sharpe!
358c5ds.jpg

Sharpe is lame and overrated.  It's a shame that out of all of Sean Bean's characters, he happens to be the only one that DIDN'T die.  -,-
How is he lame? He is pretty badass to me. And he has survived in plenty other movies, such as Troy, Percy Jackson, National Treasure ( :facepalm:) and more. He has something like a 0.32 death ratio.

My new savegame, an Austrian Major called Eckhart Breslauer, and commands a company of 30 men, whom are militia.

smesys.png

2z9ek4k.png

2wdqz3p.png

Scorpia said:
Inzunza said:
The Mighty McLovin said:
2m7hfa1.png

Come on, Sharpe!
358c5ds.jpg

How is he lame? He is pretty badass to me. And he has survived in plenty other movies, such as Troy, Percy Jackson, National Treasure ( :facepalm:) and more. He has something like a 0.32 death ratio.

Everyone referenced Sharpe back when mod was still in development.  I was curious and watched the entire series, from the first to Waterloo waiting for it to get better because I know a lot of earlier episodes can be bad but they eventually get better.  I don't see how anyone could get into it, tbh.  The first scene I ever saw had a Batman looking character.

Well, here's the thing - The series has nice bits and some scenes I saw of Sharpe's Rifles are my personal favourites. If you are not into the era then you obviously won't like it, so I presume that's where your dislike comes from. I suggest you give the novel series a shot, starting with Sharpe's Tiger. It's an absolutely enjoyable read.

SolidXerm said:
Well, here's the thing - The series has nice bits and some scenes I saw of Sharpe's Rifles are my personal favourites. If you are not into the era then you obviously won't like it, so I presume that's where your dislike comes from. I suggest you give the novel series a shot, starting with Sharpe's Tiger. It's an absolutely enjoyable read.

Wait, so if I'm not into the era I won't like it?  :eek:

I like the era just fine, I thought.  I just thought the story was far too silly.

I can't blame you for thinking the story was silly. The TV series took a lot of liberties - The result was that we collectively agreed never to speak of the movie adaptation of Sharpe's Gold.

SolidXerm said:
I can't blame you for thinking the story was silly. The TV series took a lot of liberties - The result was that we collectively agreed never to speak of the movie adaptation of Sharpe's Gold.

The Book is almost always better.  So, maybe the TV series is just really bad?  :/

i diidn't know where to post it.

the world hd map mod, is compatible with l'aigle ( i know you know, i just found out :razz: )
http://www.moddb.com/mods/world-map-hd/downloads

it makes the campaign map feel more alive.

Inzunza said:
SolidXerm said:

The Book is almost always better.  So, maybe the TV series is just really bad?  :/
I wouldn't be overly surprised if that was the case. As said, I only saw some entertaining bits of Sharpe's Rifles and that one scene where Obadiah declares how he saw someone's tits while riding on a donkey.

Back
Top Bottom