Official Release

Users who are viewing this thread

after 16 hours streaming I am pretty happy with release. I know there is still a lot to do and can't wait for most issues to get resolved and I know it's early to think about but I have said it before. The opportunities for DCL's are amazing if done right. So don't steal my cookie and let me dream for it

urgently change: (Calculate Daily Tax) instead of 0.35 - 0.5. And also (Calculate Earth Change Internal) all values of (f) are 2 times more.
CalculateProsperityChangeInternal (f) < 600f 1500f 2000f 3000f 4000f 210000f. this will solve the problem of the poor lords
file path: // TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameComponents //DefaultSettlementTaxModel

LMAO :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ok, i'm gonna be more specific, i only play events on custom servers, besides this particular event with 500+ players, i participated in 2 more events with 250+ players, wich in these 2 in specific dind't had any crashes at all.

i don't know about the official servers as i don't play on them anymore, maybe there is some problems with them that don't affect the custom servers...i really don't know, just talking by my perspective...also the player limit on custom servers were 120 players, the same as the TW servers, but they increased the limit to a theorical 1000, wich they didn't know how it would perform...those event with 250+ players were all to test the real limits of the servers, so we reach 250~ at first with no crashes and last time we reached 500+ with some crashes in specific situations (alot of deaths during warm up phase), and that's it...

Really hoping the Voice Acting focuses on the main story & spousal dialogue - it's actually cool to hear the first lines and most of the Radagos part of the Find Your Family quest fully voiced - but makes the lack of voices on everyone else that much more jarring.

Getting great performance from live - still some silly bugs like cloth physics not working on polearms when sheathed, red eyes/missing eyes, blackface, even on a new save wanderers all disappear but...progress is good.

Why do the commanders of my clan, instead of selling captives in the tavern of the city, as they did before, throw them into dungeons? They only litter the dungeons with unnecessary garbage ... Return it as it was before, or at least let the players decide what to do with the prisoners

eeeehmmm went to BL's beta tab to try and see if the mods were working with 1.0.0 and there is no 1.0.0 in there for me 🤷‍♂️ 🤡 (steam glitched)
happy this is considered v1.0.0; if they can bring 2 years of improvements and content as they did in EA, we should have a good successor to warband (though not what we all expected). Combined with the mods, should be a pretty memorable game.

Note: Content really better be a big addition, i would hate to see this game be 'polished' but shallow

Thanks TW for giving us something at least after all these years, you pioneered and carved out a niche genre!
400de647d6dc1cd2cd941f1f3d62083018-11-gavin.rsquare.w700.jpg

hope's dangerous

Modding​

• Added the following multiplayer scene edit data to the Modding Kit:
    • Siege : sturgia - mp_siege_map_003
    • Skirmish: vlandia - mp_skirmish_map_002f
    • Captain: battania - mp_sergeant_map_008
    • TDM: sturgia - mp_tdm_map_001
    • Battle: vlandia - mp_battle_map_002
    • Duel: battania - mp_duel_mode_map_004
  • Fixed a launcher crash that occurred if SubModule.xml was published in the wrong directory for mods.
what about the main map data? I'm waiting for it to start my modding.

Last edited:
Why do the commanders of my clan, instead of selling captives in the tavern of the city, as they did before, throw them into dungeons? They only litter the dungeons with unnecessary garbage ... Return it as it was before, or at least let the players decide what to do with the prisoners
this is a chain of events I have highlighted on my channel, Our clan parties used to sell then, but then a bug was introduced where the Ai weren't depositing Lords into dungeons. So TW changed the code so everyone deposited all prisoners even our own clan parties into dungeons which created a new problem. So they changed the code again since dungeons would have thousands of prisoner to make a limit on size of dungeons. So now with the limit on dungeons that means lords arent being put into dungeons and being held in parties. So 1 simple bug has evolved over 4 months and changed many times instead of fixing the original bug. I have been trying hard to get it back the way it was but so far the reception from TW hasn't been good so far. Tried explaining this to a couple of devs to get them to understand what the original problem was and to solve it but they decided to change the code multiple times. So in 1.0 now your clan parties deposit all prisoners in the dungeon and if it's over the limit those prisoners are sold and you get nothing for them being sold(tested this) And your clan parties will NOT donate lords into dungeons. You must talk to them and inspect their troops to take their lord prisoners

@Dejan was wondering why we cant have a 1.0 branch and continue with the beta system. Project Zomboid does this so well. They have a couple branches then create an unstable branch that they patch. The reason I bring it up is mods. People want to be on full release but do you guys just plan on patching it non stop so every time since it can break mods. The patch that was done broke 3 mods today and we know modding is a huge part of the game. I know there is 1.9 but just not sure why you cant continue with the old system, lets say have 1.0 as live and then the unstable branch, that would be every patch you do till you release let's say 1.1. That way you can patch all you want and people dont need to worry about mods breaking constantly. Just not sure why 1 full release branch is all there is, it's just telling people if you want to mod stay on 1.9 forever

@Dejan was wondering why we cant have a 1.0 branch and continue with the beta system. Project Zomboid does this so well. They have a couple branches then create an unstable branch that they patch. The reason I bring it up is mods. People want to be on full release but do you guys just plan on patching it non stop so every time since it can break mods. The patch that was done broke 3 mods today and we know modding is a huge part of the game. I know there is 1.9 but just not sure why you cant continue with the old system, lets say have 1.0 as live and then the unstable branch, that would be every patch you do till you release let's say 1.1. That way you can patch all you want and people dont need to worry about mods breaking constantly. Just not sure why 1 full release branch is all there is, it's just telling people if you want to mod stay on 1.9 forever
There might be a Christmas update ( 1.1 ). Then an Easter update ( 1.2 ). Then through 2023 - 24 still the odd update, and DLCs - elephants, naval warfare .......

TW will still keep one step ahead of mods, for a year or more ......... mod chaos.
Even Skyrim had its own Modpocalypse, a year ago, with Bethesda's unwelcome Anniversary Edition.

Some dedicated mods will try and hold on and work for some time, to eventually be shrugged off by updates, or otherwise fall off ( modders expire ), by the wayside

Maybe a lucky try - hard overhaul mod will be The Chosen One for a TW BL Reincarnation, like Brytenwalda became Viking Conquest

All I see is more community frustration until BL is a bit old and TW have lost ( commercial ) interest , maybe in a few years.

Then mods might slowly start to get a hold again - like it has been a Golden Age of Warband mods in recent years

But until then BL will be an underwhelming ( considering a State of the Art benchmark ) waste of time.
That is, unless TW starts to show some actual pride in its product.

But ten years from now, what platforms will we even be using ? VR ? Candles ?

Last edited:
what about the main map data? I'm waiting for it to start my modding.
Sorry, not sure I understand. The main map data for these scenes is already there so you should be able to view all of the mentioned scenes in the editor, with the terrain and everything - allowing you to learn from them as you create new MP scenes.
We plan to continue using the Steam Beta system.

We have also restored the following versions that are available via the Steam Betas system. We will try to keep them available until the end of November but they may be removed sooner (versions e1.8.1 and e1.9.0 will remain for now). We deprecate old versions of the game when they become incompatible with the newest version's save game files or otherwise problematic.
1666942811430.png

Sorry, not sure I understand. The main map data for these scenes is already there so you should be able to view all of the mentioned scenes in the editor, with the terrain and everything - allowing you to learn from them as you create new MP scenes.
I'm learning the tools rn and as I was trying to edit main map scene but the tool gave an RGL error and the map shows without textures (terrain is completely white except for assets) - really don't know what's going on.
Versions for both the tools and the base game match, currently trying to do it with 1.9

Can anyone shed a light??
Taleworlds created the campaign map for Calradia in the external software package Houdini. This feeds into the game via a worldmap tileset, which is not editable by modders. IIRC the terrain for Sandbox\Main_map has been white in the Scene Editor (ok in game) since 1.8.0 or just before. If you want to edit the terrain of Calradia, you should go to the property browser and under the vista textures box change the tileset from worldmap to none - this disables the Houdini tileset. However, doing so will also disable the vista texture in that tileset which colours terrain in game, so you will need to supply your own 16K vista and normalmaps. IIRC editing the terrain without disabling the tilset will cause a crash on saving the campaign map. Also, unless there were undisclosed changes in 1.9.0 saving your map as Main_map to your own mod will destroy its terrain paint layers due to hardcoded optimisations - most modders save their campaign maps as modded_main_map and use Aurelian's MapFix to avoid this and other hardcoded issues such as main_map_physics_heightmap. Taleworlds have been looking into these problems for some time but I doubt they will be resolved this side of release.
BTW most modders just remove Calradia's terrain and start from scratch building entirely different custom campaign maps.

PS if you are not editing terrain, it may be possible to just relocate settlements. In such a case, take care to detach them from their current campaign_icon_capsule and parent then to a campaign_icon_capsule appropriate to their new location.
is that fixed?

Agreed, if I am understanding you correctly. A similar way as how Project Zomboid handles it is probably the best.

I have around 2000 prisoners in a castle and the next town is so far away.

If that castle gets taken, the enemy armies will be replenished immediately.

this is a chain of events I have highlighted on my channel, Our clan parties used to sell then, but then a bug was introduced where the Ai weren't depositing Lords into dungeons. So TW changed the code so everyone deposited all prisoners even our own clan parties into dungeons which created a new problem. So they changed the code again since dungeons would have thousands of prisoner to make a limit on size of dungeons. So now with the limit on dungeons that means lords arent being put into dungeons and being held in parties. So 1 simple bug has evolved over 4 months and changed many times instead of fixing the original bug. I have been trying hard to get it back the way it was but so far the reception from TW hasn't been good so far. Tried explaining this to a couple of devs to get them to understand what the original problem was and to solve it but they decided to change the code multiple times. So in 1.0 now your clan parties deposit all prisoners in the dungeon and if it's over the limit those prisoners are sold and you get nothing for them being sold(tested this) And your clan parties will NOT donate lords into dungeons. You must talk to them and inspect their troops to take their lord prisoners
This is really silly. So now the player is the only party in the game which will sell prisoners at taverns?

Back
Top Bottom