Official release date of EA

Users who are viewing this thread

And we see what has become of paradox nowadays. If they stayed on paradox's side, we would've gotten Bannerlord already, as an Epic Exclusive.
Ehhh Paradox has gotten better now not worse imo. What they did with Imperator really shows their change. Instead of abandoning or doing the usual Paradox routine of one DLC after another they fixed the game like the fans wanted for completely free and only now after one year we are going to have to pay for content (second content pack), with ambitious updates still coming in.

I really hope that it was joke because many people hopes to release EA in the begining of march.

The thing is, steam does it all on its own. Keeps everything catalogued, updated. To do this manually will be a pain in the ass for the first year. I really hope they add some kind of mod manager with a library. After all, they're releasing this game directly on the website, too.

There are plenty of problems with the workshop model as well:

• If a modder deletes his mod, it gets deleted from your local computer as well unless you went the extra mile to backup it. This will mean that any save games that depend on that mod will not work after the fact and there's nothing you can do about it (unless you happen to able to locate and source the same mod with same version elsewhere).
  • if a modder updates his mod and it happens to now suddenly be incompatible with another mod your save uses, again, your save game that depended on that now incompatible mod will not work after the fact and there's nothing you can do about it (unless you happen to able to locate and source the same mod with same version elsewhere).

There's a lot of upsides of workshop but it's not a perfect system which is exactly why I hope TW will have their own mod manager that simply integrates into workshop in the steam build.

There's nothing that beats a real purpose-made mod manager that the devs themselves designed and wrote. They can have a lot of safeguard systems in case of hickups such as having local copies of the mods in any recent save games or having the modders tag their mods based on game version, other incompatible mods or mods that they require to work properly.

I do hope they have a full-fledged mod manager.

There are plenty of problems with the workshop model as well:

• If a modder deletes his mod, it gets deleted from your local computer as well unless you went the extra mile to backup it. This will mean that any save games that depend on that mod will not work after the fact and there's nothing you can do about it (unless you happen to able to locate and source the same mod with same version elsewhere).
  • if a modder updates his mod and it happens to now suddenly be incompatible with another mod your save uses, again, your save game that depended on that now incompatible mod will not work after the fact and there's nothing you can do about it (unless you happen to able to locate and source the same mod with same version elsewhere).

There's a lot of upsides of workshop but it's not a perfect system which is exactly why I hope TW will have their own mod manager that simply integrates into workshop in the steam build.

There's nothing that beats a real purpose-made mod manager that the devs themselves designed and wrote. They can have a lot of safeguard systems in case of hickups such as having local copies of the mods in any recent save games or having the modders tag their mods based on game version, other incompatible mods or mods that they require to work properly.

I do hope they have a full-fledged mod manager.
I don't now if this means anything but on the beta game there is a specific tab for "mods"

On April 1st people are going to be tweeting about playing single player Bannerlord and NO ONE WILL BELIEVE THEM!

:xf-grin:

At least I can put in for work leave now I guess. Comes out Tuesday, first day of my working week (tue-sat) so I guess I'll just have to take the whole week off, what a shame...#lifeishard

And now ! i will ruin your lives !! What if ... and i say (what if ) march 31 is almost 1 april , remind me what we do in 1st april theres a story going around that there some jokes here and there called Aprils fool day , what if they do the same ? :razz:
Of course i am making fun of it but maybe they are planning to do something and mask it under that event ..

Back
Top Bottom