Official Modding Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

There was an issue where players, that bought the game via Steam in various regions (TR, RU, CIS, Latam, South East Asia), couldn't access the modding tools. We hope to have fixed that now. Let us know if you still can't access the tools.

For me it doesnt work at all. I installed the tools on the same disc my main game is on, but every time I press "Start" on steam, it launches but stops before the actual launcher shows up.I tried restarting steam, but that didn't help. I also tried running the Editor as administrator, at which point it shows me this error:

Also, when I tried to launch my main game, it automatically started a 30 GB download.

Can anyone help with that?!

For the time being, we only deployed the tools to the stable version, namely 1.5.2. Both editor and the game should be at that version. We will probably have editor builds at the Beta branches as well.
Thanks for this information. Otherwise I would have assumed it would work with the 1.53beta version of the game. The version should be listed on the download page. Currently I can't find any mention of what version of the game it works with, other than your post. Other than that little nitpicking issue, you guys are doing a fantastic job!!!!

I have a weird 4K screen issue. The game itself is fine but when I launch it from Modding Tool it's strangely over zoomed. It should be related to DPI but I couldn't find where I can set it to human size. I don`t see a config in documents folder

Same here, any ideas?

Fixed my issue by verifying the game files and running it with administrator afterwards

Can't get the game to run when launching with the modding tools. Tried everything from restarting Steam, different game versions, file check and admin run :sad:

edit: installed Visual C++ as suggested here and it now works fine!

Last edited:
Modding tool crashes when trying to start a mission. Also often crashes when trying to change graphic settings in the editor. Also crashes often/always when changing terrain size. There was also a problem where the terrain didn't get rendered even after several minutes when loading official scenes, but this was probably fixed.
I'm not the only one with the crashing when starting a mission, but I am not sure if there are certain things I'm not aware of in order to get it working, or if it is just a software bug.

You need to select 'start mission as'. Other one crashes. Which one did you?
"Start mission as" works, thanks. Although most of the maps still don't render the ground. I also wonder if you can select a spawnpoint for the character instead of spawning at the corner of the map.

"Start mission as" works, thanks.
With the latest patch regular 'start mission' should no longer crash.
Although most of the maps still don't render the ground.
Currently these maps have terrain:
empire_village_003
khuzait_castle_002
sturgia_town_b
battle_terrain_v
empire_castle_keep_a_l3_interior
empire_house_c_tavern_a
empire_dungeon_a
arena_empire_a
Main_map
I also wonder if you can select a spawnpoint for the character instead of spawning at the corner of the map.
I don't think it's currently possible but I might be mistaken.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Modding Kit now has a "Beta" version which can be enabled in the same way you enable "Beta" for our base game. IMPORTANT: The base game version must match with the modding kit version in order to work properly. For example, if you have your base game on the latest Beta, then you must also switch the modding kit to the latest beta. You can enable beta by right-clicking on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Modding Kit in your Steam library -> Properties -> BETAS -> Select the beta from the dropdown menu.

Back
Top Bottom