Official Bug Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

La Grandmaster

Sergeant Knight at Arms
qnpwmJ9.jpg

Please report all bugs here. Be as descriptive as possible, and if it is a game breaking bug (e.g. causes a crash to desktop ect) please label it as game breaking so I know to look into these first.

Im not saying they will be fixed straightaway, Im having a few days break from the mod at the moment, but they will be fixed as soon as possible.

Well, i can't even reach the main menu, i have the error popping:

"runtime error!
Program:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\mb_warband.exe
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an inusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information "

It happens when it's loading parameters, in the beginning. It's the only mod ho does that.

Sorry to hear that, i think this is most likely a memory problem, have you tried ticking "load textures on demand". Also do you have a low end pc? The mod uses a large amount of new textures so there can be memory issues.

1)Map covered with repeated pattern of large black splotches, hundreds in total. They show texture of what is beneath the map there, such as water or mountain texture.
2)Many NPCs have hostile dialouge, the starting wanderer guy's cabin, daughter.
3)Some random battle scenes your troops don't go behind cover and just stand in a line
4)Many towns on the map are invisible unless you are standing right next to them on map, for me i only see the US, Confeds, Church, Aryan, Bennets, Woodbury, Khans, half of Hagar, and one Wasteland town, the rest are only visible upon being right next to them.
5)"Trader" in 90% of the scavenge villages who when asked if any people are looking to be recruited simply gives you all the resources of the area
6)Sometimes killing a zombie is claimed to be a team kill
7)Scene of capital town of the faction Hagar, all the bots spawn right at start, many are from Native. They can't seem to get away from each other.
:cool:Viking Reenactment Sword texture is all white
9)In some  scavenge scenes your camera angle will glitch up to an over the shoulder view when passing between vehicles
10)Random vehicles in scenes such as destroyed buses and cars you can simply walk through and do nothing as cover
11)A few cities/villages are not enterable, such as Ashtonville, Flaming Caves, Boggy Marshes, I'm sure there is more I just haven't found them.
12)Recruiting from taverns never gives units you recruited, but other random ones.
13)Not game breaking but annoying as hell: Every single battle you do the only way to gain victory after killing all enemies is to walk to the very far end wall of the scene.
14)Don't take my word on this, but I hear that every siege scene is messed up from someone else who tried most of them. Walls in wrong places and getting teleported everywhere.

LOVE the mod and haven't found any bugs to make me stop playing :smile: And thanks for having police officer "Rick" as a companion

Create Character Screen:

Choosing Trusty Rifle, then choosing Gender, shows only Male and No One. Choosing No One leads to Female gender.

Then this happens too, when removing equipped pants:
0f6Lr.jpg

La Grandmaster said:
Sorry to hear that, i think this is most likely a memory problem, have you tried ticking "load textures on demand". Also do you have a low end pc? The mod uses a large amount of new textures so there can be memory issues.

I did it, it fixed the problem, thanks! The mod looks great so far!

1). Towns walking around towns cause game to crash, with the missing horse thing, (there is a ad hoc fix to this but it causes the invintory screen to be inaccessible)
2). All of woodsbury lords use sarranid soldiers, i dont know if that is a bug or not but it is worth noting.
3). Sometimes when you use an automatic gun like an m16 it wont let you aim before firing it just shoots second you touch the trigger, sometimes it lets you aim, kind of odd.
4). Invisible khan raider bodies
5). The tavern in camp bastion everyone has hiring dialogue making things a bit confusing
6). some pistols seem to be held very awkwardly with the barrel pointed towards the sky, the m1911 is one of them

Hey.

When ever I click "Wake up" I get this error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I tried ticking "Load textures on demand" and switching to Dx9 but it still crashes.
On the moddb page some one talked about editing a .ini page but they did not say which file to edit.
It might just be because my computer is too old to run it. :neutral:

Either way congrats on getting #1 on moddb  :grin:

I'll compile what I reported in the original thread.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271193.msg7769327.html#msg7769327

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271193.msg7768313.html#msg7768313

La Grandmaster said:
I have the same error with a Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce 760

ElPadrino said:
La Grandmaster said:
I have the same error with a Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce 760
how much ram do you have?

I was enable to start the game until I turned off all graphics + sounds. After it was working I then started to push things up again.

Quote from Brytenwalda/Viking Conquest (both are also heavy on modifications and graphics)). I will remove stuff not related to mods in general:

TLDR:

1) Check if you your Warband is up to date (current version is 1.166)
2) Use auto-adjust (if playing on Windows) to reset your rgl_config.txt. You should start with everything off/at minimum and increase from there
3) Try config tweaks (see below) like single-thread, on demand, etc
4) Try turning off sounds and music

Idibil said:
Some suggestions in old Brytenwalda guide could help you: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.0.html

How To: Report a Bug/Request Support (Thanks Duh): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320833.0.html

We will go will add here all possible solutions.

- You need to update your warband to lastest version.
- When you post your issue, you add your rgl_log.txt and rgl_config.txt (you can find this in warband main folder and in your documents\warband folder) This will help us to know your problem.
- If you have textures problem, you try to "Textures on Demand" on/off
- Directx7 can cause problems, you try to use DX9. However, we are working in improve experience in DXT7 too.
- Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used)
- Depend on your Pc you can try:
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 0
use_ondemand_textures = 1 or 0
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0 or 1
force_single_threading = 1 or 0

--------------------
LOADING SCREEN PROBLEM

Some players have problems in loading screen, this looks some configuration problem. The most them fixed with some these changes (you try one to one these options):

1. Auto Ajust in configuration options.
2. Disabling of use_pixel_shaders, use_vertex_shaders and fake_reflections
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 0

3. Enabling force_vsync. Also, be sure to disable HDR mode (those options enabled together tend to cause performance issues)
4. Enabling force_single_threading = 1
5. Reinstall Warband and VC the mod

------------
Ram problems? (Thanks Duh)

Steam may be forcing compatability mode on you. Turn that off to avoid memory issues.

http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/

Do note that you might not have to do the rededit bits. Just try step 1 by itself at first.

---------

- Game Bug: Error "invalid opcode 16" - Update your warband exe.
- Disable autosavegame - this is causing CTDs to some players..
- Invalid Opcode17 - Update latest warband exe. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319732.0.html

Long Load time problem and similar issues (Thank to kalarhan)

1) Did you try to do a full reinstall of your game? If you use Steam -> delete local content (Steam UI, right click on game). Then delete the folder manually. Reinstall your game. Verify cache (Steam UI).

2) How is your pc? Did you check min configuration?

3) What is your pc specs? Hardware and software

4) Make sure you have at least 2 GB of free RAM. If you are running other softwares check using any program that shows your computer CPU and Memory.

5) Are you using the latest version of warband? 1.166+

6) Can you still load native (Warband)?

7) Any other modules/mods you have... can you load them?

8 ) Did you create a thread on support subforum and did you post your txt config files there?

---------------

-when buying troops with resources it only allows to buy trianed men not untrained civilians
  -Along with ammo belts, bolts and arrows do not work
    -in the "point of interest" if u talk to a village leader and try to recruit they auto scavenge for you instead of giving men
      -possible bug for the tournament? when i try to do one it doesnt load
        -

djogloc02 said:
My PC has 2 GB of RAM. I can't use this mod with this low RAM can I?
You can try it out, use dx7 and lower the graphic options.

This is a thread from 1257AD board that helped me out in the past, I have 8gb of RAM now.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264803.0.html

Option 3 will help a lot.

Hope it helps.

AIDS McGee said:
In Direct X 7 on the overland the clouds are just like white rectangles and not transparent so when you're under them you can't see anything, another thing is the desert (the sarranid lands in native) has this big ocean looking thing over it, I looked to see what it is in DX9 and it's a dry desert texture, so I guess it turns white in DX7, and the cities that are in the area become buried under the texture.

I may add that I know playing in DX9 prevents a few bugs but I can only really run the game in DX7, DX9 gives me very low FPS, which is due to my PC being pretty outdated but regardless there's plenty of people who play on DX7 for the increased performance.
You could try out the workarounds in the link I posted above, hope it helps your case too.

In Direct X 7 on the overland the clouds are just like white rectangles and not transparent so when you're under them you can't see anything, another thing is the desert (the sarranid lands in native) has this big ocean looking thing over it, I looked to see what it is in DX9 and it's a dry desert texture, so I guess it turns white in DX7, and the cities that are in the area become buried under the texture.

I may add that I know playing in DX9 prevents a few bugs but I can only really run the game in DX7, DX9 gives me very low FPS, which is due to my PC being pretty outdated but regardless there's plenty of people who play on DX7 for the increased performance.

Ambrush said:
djogloc02 said:
My PC has 2 GB of RAM. I can't use this mod with this low RAM can I?
You can try it out, use dx7 and lower the graphic options.

This is a thread from 1257AD board that helped me out in the past, I have 8gb of RAM now.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,264803.0.html

Option 3 will help a lot.

Hope it helps.

AIDS McGee said:

You could try out the workarounds in the link I posted above, hope it helps your case too.

Thanks, I will try it, I am also reinstalling The Reckoning.

Back
Top Bottom