Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

Users who are viewing this thread

super_man3232 said:
The British 60th Riflemen (used the exchange feature at military depot from 95th to 60th) still have 95 on their backpacks
sI6OoKz.jpg
Also there is no cock animations for the baker rifle either

Time Golem said:
There's nothing wrong with the "infantry" or musketry. If you have enough troops and command their fire with purpose you'll do well enough. The real issue is that the enemy AI almost always charges straight at you which gives time for 3 volleys at best. The first two are not very effective because they'll be at longer ranges, the last one will be in effective range. So essentially you get one good volley aimed at the closest enemy troops unless you personally manage your lines' fire. If you have enough troops to have a left, right and center company, then you can get 3 effective volleys before melee. Plus whatever other divisions you have organized your party by.
Also battle size plays a role in achieving the kind of deadly musket volleys you expect. It's not going to be present in small skirmishes but if you siege a city and advance your line up to the enemy breastworks you'll see how quickly they get cut down.
Or we could have realistic accuracy to stop da *****es whining and get 3 men to fall down every volley of 160 men :smile:

I get this script error coming up when some of my artillery dies:
xvym1sF.jpg

Another script error. IIRC I died during the battle and my remaining troops didn't charge (could be wrong though, I was half in the bag when I made the screenshot)
ryq5Pol.jpg

Carbine/rifle reloading on horseback: I take it the animation is just a placeholder?

Infantry AI: not sure if this is because I'm playing with the enemy AI set to average, but infantry doesn't really respond appropriately to a cavalry charge. Instead of switching immediately to melee, most of the time they're still in the middle of reloading their muskets while my cav weaves through them and cuts them down. That, and they often swipe with the musket butt attack instead of thrusting with the bayonet. Ideally, I think they should be limited to the bayonet thrust when facing cavalry, but I'm not sure if the M&B engine allows for that without removing the left/right attacks.

Small bug that may have been mentioned before: when you're in the arena fighting, you can see a clone of yourself standing at the door.

First post! Great mod by the way.

I've encountered a problem since I bought a commission at Russian Army Liason. Since I bought the Lieutenant's rank, my army of hundreds doesn't listen to my formation commands, they just charged to 100 Prussians resulting to my loss and took my standard away. The morale is high.

Re: [WB] L'AIGLE: Napoleonic Warfare + Release Trailer Page 1449!
« Reply #21913 on: December 21, 2014, 05:44:18 AM »
No. Pistols can't currently be animated. If the new module system ever gets released I may be able to change that, though.

They have a released module system but is it for a older version? Also why do you need a new module system to get cock animations for the pistol? (sorry if i am pissing you off for asking)

Hi

Players who not play the english version of this mod have a very urgly map to play with.
almost Citys and Villages have wong names like Berlin, Paris, London, Moskau, München and manny others.
All Factions / Nations use the standart M&B names like Kihat Kingdom , instead of Prussia, Russia or British Empire.  :sad:

PLS FIX IT for the players from other country, thx in advance

jnozm6ml.jpg

kqtovzu8.jpg

Well - you'll only need to switch to English in your configuration. You cannot expect a work in progress translation for all other languages on this planet or even only one or two...

Mac/Steam/Patched

I cannot command my artillery. They do not respond to 9, but sometimes respond to 2. Most of my battles begin with at least one crew of artillerists running to form up with the musketeers, then running back to their cannon.

Austrian Jäger rifles are untextured (white) along with a few other items, including the 1796 sabres, hunting musquets, French cuirasses and all standards.

I don't know if this is intentional or already pointed out, but I'm at december and haven't seen tiniest bit of snow, not even in raining form. I'm playing the 1.2 version.

I am having an issue with accessing the quest log, the Hotkey only brings up the "notes" screen and I am unsure how else to access my quest log.

I'm on day 357 and here are some other bugs I have encountered:

No war for over 150 days (raiding villages and attacking vassals doesn't cause war).
Kicking can be used in arena and you randomly win with the first strike.
King doesn't award fiefs unless I ask another vassal who he thinks should get the fief.
Rifle reloading animation is bugged while on horseback.
A fought a duel to win over a lady and the duel was still nature style.
In battle when musketeers are selected, artillery is also selected.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: Day 401, after I captured a French city they declared war on the UK.

I noticed when playing as the UK that the cannon crews I hired from the supply depot were french, and I captured English artillery men from a french general, so I assume they are recruiting UK cannon crews.  While I'm making use of the flag bearers from supply depot, I haven't encountered any allies/enemy doing same.
Also, the 60th Rifles recruited from UK supply depot don't seem to have winter clothing, they stay in uniform while the 95th swap into winter coats. (Can't figure out the difference between 95th rifles and 60th rifles at any rate..different equipment?)

This last one is maybe more of a balance issue, but when I fight battles at sea despite my entire crew of 'sailors' being destroyed in the battle I lose no real soldiers if the battle is won, the enemy loses twenty real soldiers with each naval loss. It's a fairly easy way of hamstringing any armies that try to cross the channel without needing veteran troops as they both duke it out as sailors. Although when the enemy count reaches 1, you can't actually finish the general off at sea and have to follow him to port then capture him. (I Effing love the naval battles, however..)

You might want to add some Vivandière or Cantinière women to improve morale of the troops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivandi%C3%A8re

perhaps also some women that improve morale in a more hands on way - Rescued farm women that could be leveled up as working women and risk getting in the way of battle - since the army "train" would historical be at risk if the battle turned into a loss

Cantinières expanded their numbers greatly during the Napoleonic Wars, gaining fame for battlefield heroics as well as for nursing the sick and wounded. They fought in every French campaign and battle of the era, creating a legend that survived long afterwards. It was common for cantinières to provide food and drink to the troops while under fire (generally at no charge on days of battle), nurse the wounded, and generally stiffen morale. Some cantinières reportedly carried muskets and fought in the ranks.[8]

issue with open battlescene (routed enemies stuck at edge) that prevents a win unless you can find and kill enemies

I'm on day 247 and i'm play L'aigle on a Mac. For me this are the most commons bugs i've encountered:
1) A lot of missing textures!! all the internal rooms are white except for the NPC( all of it : City halls, Taverns,) only the arenas are visible but with lot of missing textures.
2) the games crash quite a lot! i've approximately calculated that crash every 60/70 minutes of games in my case and always in different situations( entering in battle,arena,troops menu and so on)
3) the water textures are all white
4) French Curassiers armors are invisible(you can see only the head and the legs)
For all the rest THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!
Does Everybody have the same problems or possible solutions? I repeat that i'm playing it on a MAC!!
Thanks

JeanVoltigeur84 said:
I'm on day 247 and i'm play L'aigle on a Mac. For me this are the most commons bugs i've encountered:
1) A lot of missing textures!! all the internal rooms are white except for the NPC( all of it : City halls, Taverns,) only the arenas are visible but with lot of missing textures.
2) the games crash quite a lot! i've approximately calculated that crash every 60/70 minutes of games in my case and always in different situations( entering in battle,arena,troops menu and so on)
3) the water textures are all white
4) French Curassiers armors are invisible(you can see only the head and the legs)
For all the rest THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!
Does Everybody have the same problems or possible solutions? I repeat that i'm playing it on a MAC!!
Thanks

I suspect you might have some bad files or that the graphics setup is wacky - have not seen anything like that myself

Back
Top Bottom