Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey im not sure if i should be posting it here but im getting runtime errors like another person posted a few pages back.
My specs are
Windows Vista Sp2 32bit
Geforce GTS 250 video card
Intel core 2 duo 2.80GHz
4Gb RAM
ive been told that 4Gb RAM is the minium for these games.
Ive put all the settings on low including turning on, directx 7, load textures on demand, shdaow quality low, antialiasing (off) and putting texture detail on 30.
The runtime errors only occur when i start a campaign battle. Roaming around the map is fine but whenever i click charge into battle it freezes and the runtime error pops up. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix it, more RAM? better graphics card?
Anyones feedback would be appreciated thankyou

Yeah it only has 512MB, so if i upgrade to a 1GB would that do the trick. Dont want to buy on and still get the errors

shaken2dogs said:
Yeah it only has 512MB, so if i upgrade to a 1GB would that do the trick. Dont want to buy on and still get the errors
it's not like you're buying a 780 Ti dude

I can't guarantee it, but runtime errors like I think you're getting are usually caused by insufficient memory and I think you have enough system RAM. Might want to wait in case someone with 512MB of VRAM posts saying it works.

shaken2dogs said:

1GB might get you by, i'm not entirely sure. you'll probably still have issues with larger battles if you're having problems now with 512. at 2GB you've got a lot more breathing room and you won't have to worry about it.

try starting a custom battle and play with the troop counts until you can repeatedly get a runtime error after a certain troop count, that might help identify your problem

Is the range of the bayonet a bug? It seems really small, it has like no range at all.

I did a custom battle, 200 v 200, on the farm map, and bullets were not doing damage at all. Melee damage was working, but bullets did absolutely nothing.

Otherwise great work, looking forward to future updates.

I got 512mb vram and I haven't had a single issue yet. For any mod actually, not even the intensive ones. Although I do play at a low-medium graphics setting.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
I got 512mb vram and I haven't had a single issue yet. For any mod actually, not even the intensive ones. Although I do play at a low-medium graphics setting.
hmmm, im unsure on what to do now..

I found a funny bug: When I charged into British's line of Fusiliers, they missed the first shot and tried to reload, only to fumble the gun and shoot it upward like firework of new year's eve. Maybe this is intentional to show how nervous they are.
Also, please remove the cannons on broadside, they are obstructing my soldiers' way.

Another minor bug. On the screens that show which countries made war/peace, it shows the flag of the faction they were made from in native it seems, same with their emblem in custom battles

It's not actually a bug - but it is a problem. You see, I like to have a lot of different items - but you can't have them all with you - so in Native I usually use chests in castles\cities - so i could store additional stuff...

But in L'aigle this feature doesn't work properly - castles have only models of chests inside - they're inactive, It's not that I can't live without them - but I do like it, so i tried to search for additional variants.

With cheat menu you can get inside any city's\castle's hall and use the chest without even owning the place - But in this mod it doesn't work either - I searched all the map and every settling on it to find the way to store items.

Only Way out I found yet is that in Capital Cities in Every Country, you can find your own apartments - which you can enter from the streets (Interesting thing - you can't go back to the City's menu straight out of there - you need get back to the streets before) , It's actually very nice - but the bad part is that your apartment's chest is universal for every City - you can go either to London or Paris - chest contains same items. It's actually very good in some aspect (You can access your exact needed items anywhere) - But I Personally prefer to store A lot of Items (I know it's bad) so only one additional chest for me isn't really enough.

But that's just a small feature, no really important for majority of players.

Great mod anyway, Amazing Job Docm!.  :cool:

Nopkar said:
shaken2dogs said:

1GB might get you by, i'm not entirely sure. you'll probably still have issues with larger battles if you're having problems now with 512. at 2GB you've got a lot more breathing room and you won't have to worry about it.

try starting a custom battle and play with the troop counts until you can repeatedly get a runtime error after a certain troop count, that might help identify your problem

Alright well i did some custom battles and this is what i came up with

(This is while looking at the two forces meet)
Low settings
100 units per side - 40-45fps
150- 26fps
200- freezes up completely

Medium settings
100- 25fps
150- loads but freezes

High settings
50- 30fps
100- 20fps
Hopefully this helps someone find whats wrong in someway

Also when i was finished with the custom battle and i get sent back to the main menu, i reclicked the "custom battle" tab, and sometimes on Medium-High graphics the Runtime errors pop up.
Although the runtime error always happen when i engage in a campaign battle

Sarel said:
The inventory icons for flags do strange things that I am incapable of describing.

Weird, I pulled flags out of the cheat menu and they didn't seem strange at all. Maybe I pulled the wrong ones.

Kagestorn said:
It's not actually a bug - but it is a problem. You see, I like to have a lot of different items - but you can't have them all with you - so in Native I usually use chests in castles\cities - so i could store additional stuff...

But in L'aigle this feature doesn't work properly - castles have only models of chests inside - they're inactive, It's not that I can't live without them - but I do like it, so i tried to search for additional variants.

With cheat menu you can get inside any city's\castle's hall and use the chest without even owning the place - But in this mod it doesn't work either - I searched all the map and every settling on it to find the way to store items.

Only Way out I found yet is that in Capital Cities in Every Country, you can find your own apartments - which you can enter from the streets (Interesting thing - you can't go back to the City's menu straight out of there - you need get back to the streets before) , It's actually very nice - but the bad part is that your apartment's chest is universal for every City - you can go either to London or Paris - chest contains same items. It's actually very good in some aspect (You can access your exact needed items anywhere) - But I Personally prefer to store A lot of Items (I know it's bad) so only one additional chest for me isn't really enough.

But that's just a small feature, no really important for majority of players.

Great mod anyway, Amazing Job Docm!.  :cool:
What kind of **** do you store?  What does your room look like in real life?

Froi said:
What kind of **** do you store?  What does your room look like in real life?

Hey Pal! I never asked you about your personal live, Did I?

I have a habit of storing a lot of items because i like to experiment with Mount & Blade troop Editor sometimes, but that has nothing to do with you.

Chests work in Native, so I suppose they should work in L'aigle too.

I posted a problem with a mod, so please refrain from personal questions and insults.

Back
Top Bottom