Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!
This is the place where to show your creations? Well i'll start with this.

This is Orthanc i reworked half a year ago for the great The Last Days, i did not make it, i was given it, and decided to show it.
Unfortunately taking the entire picture was impossible for it is too big, so i'll show apart.
7It6D.png
JMy6n.png
h5tEf.png
Workflow:
It was a tiresome task, i plodded on four days! Around 270.000 vertices. Even now it scares me, i can't remember the faces' number now but it was high as heck. About 280 windows.
I had to polish it, fill -all the holes- come with the original model, correct the imperfections, collapsed faces, wrong frames and borders (etc mostly geometry issues).
Furthermore the import to Blender corrupted it even more (the model was from 2006), and it was impossible to recalculate normals so i had to take one by one the countless backfaces and flip them manually. :dead:
Then there was the last problem, it was way too large to load it on Warband as a single mesh! (yes, i know the trick with game variables)
So i divided it in...ten parts. Then i reworked the stairs, obtained the collision body, remade the door, relocated the entry points and torches (already there), rescaled the main body and replaced it.
Sorry for the size of pictures, i resized them to send via e-mail and forgot to make a backup.
The White Wizard is lurking yonder:
eVt4G.png
I'm nearly thinking of doing the indoors now. :lol:  Do you like it? Indeed!

Sir John Hawkwood said:
Hello!
This is the place where to show your creations? Well i'll start with this.

This is Orthanc i reworked half a year ago for the great The Last Days, i did not make it, i was given it, and decided to show it.
Unfortunately taking the entire picture was impossible for it is too big, so i'll show apart.
7It6D.png
JMy6n.png
h5tEf.png
Workflow:
It was a tiresome task, i plodded on four days! Around 270.000 vertices. Even now it scares me, i can't remember the faces' number now but it was high as heck. About 280 windows.
I had to polish it, fill -all the holes- come with the original model, correct the imperfections, collapsed faces, wrong frames and borders (etc mostly geometry issues).
Furthermore the import to Blender corrupted it even more (the model was from 2006), and it was impossible to recalculate normals so i had to take one by one the countless backfaces and flip them manually. :dead:
Then there was the last problem, it was way too large to load it on Warband as a single mesh! (yes, i know the trick with game variables)
So i divided it in...ten parts. Then i reworked the stairs, obtained the collision body, remade the door, relocated the entry points and torches (already there), rescaled the main body and replaced it.
Sorry for the size of pictures, i resized them to send via e-mail and forgot to make a backup.
The White Wizard is lurking yonder:
eVt4G.png
I'm nearly thinking of doing the indoors now. :lol:  Do you like it? Indeed!
Looking really good! Are you still modelling or did you retire now? Since you mention that you reworked it half a year ago. And what do you mean with 'i did not make it, i was given it, and decided to show it.'?

What do you mean by "Are you still modelling or did you retire now"? 
You can't use an adverb addressing to present that way! I'm not retiring, no way!

Since you mention that you reworked it half a year ago.
True, why, you don't believe me? :eek:

And what do you mean with 'i did not make it, i was given it, and decided to show it.'
What i meant. I finished/reworked it on September 2018, it was given to me (the original model - A MESS), and decided to show it only now.

Sonst etwas noch?

Edit: You should retire

Sir John Hawkwood said:
What do you mean by "Are you still modelling or did you retire now"? 
You can't use an adverb addressing to present that way! I'm not retiring, no way!

Since you mention that you reworked it half a year ago.
True, why, you don't believe me? :eek:

And what do you mean with 'i did not make it, i was given it, and decided to show it.'
What i meant. I finished/reworked it on September 2018, it was given to me (the original model - A MESS), and decided to show it only now.

Sonst etwas noch?

Edit: You should retire
Not everyone has English as his/her mothertongue^^
My first question was more intended to lure you into posting further screenshots of your work and getting the information if you are still modelling or not :oops:
And my second question has been answered too, I only found your sentence irritating.

And it is: Sonst noch etwas?  :wink:

English is not my mothertongue. Would it were.
My first question was more intended to lure you into posting further screenshots of your work and getting the information if you are still modelling or not
Aaaahh i must've made a mistake.
I only found your sentence irritating.
Well it was to be irritating.  :grin:

And it is: Sonst noch etwas?
Really?
I left Linguistics long ago, but i assure you it may be writ so.

I'm sure you do.      :smile:
It may happen, or it may not, but if it shall be it owe to be something related to characters or weapons, especially as hint for official/public server runners/mod creators.

Hello :smile:,

this is something i made three months ago entirely on my own, the 6 pounder cannon for NW, and left midway.
It won't be fancy, but it would be worth saying, it was made almost all (save the wheels) with openBRF!

I thought NW lacked mostly light Artillery, expecially knowing that Napoleon made biggest use of that kind, so instead of waiting administrators whom promised the nothing, i did it myself, taking example this time from Napoleon Total War.

It's fully working, no more bugs, and uses a complete new ammunition, that is the small cannonball bereft of those useless metal stripes:
-V_6f.png

I remodeled the ammo box smaller (it was larger) to match the trail slot in the limbered version:
4G_kr.png
NYUtY.png

New cannonball then is twice faster, smaller and lighter, now i'm going to retouch particles effects and damage;

As you can see wheels and trail were resized too and corrected such trail (the original limbered version is shorter - i made it for all cannons) according to the size rules from Gribeauval whom reformed the Artillery at the time of Napoleon, and i made a new unit for it, "Artillerie Légère":
6iUfw.png

At last i didn't miss the strong point of light Artillery, the maneuverability!
It now flings nimble back and forth through the battlefield as it should be!

As i said before, this wills to be overall a suggestion for expert modders and public server owners, given that NW is the most played M&B game ever.

Practicing 3D, focusing on modelling props only (also for bannerlord)

I really need feedback, trying to grasp how does 3D modelling really work in a more advanced level - good topo? good volumes? look realistic? how to approach to texturing this?

https://p3d.in/qmFte

images-1.jpg

Pics-Art-08-03-05-31-45.jpg

edit: i know, first floor windows are wrong (must be smaller) but i realised it after render. Its a little mistake.

Back
Top Bottom