WbUHZ.jpg
rDSUt.jpg

Z3sU6.jpg
tD_Mu.jpg
tr_Kf.jpg
r4iWs.jpg
OGPjl.jpg
Qlp8T.jpg

Very nice model, one of the best props I've ever seen for Warband. And that brick texture looks absolutely amazing. I'm already imagining a city using it in all the buildings  :lol:

Adorno said:
A castle.

In game.
6E7cQ.jpg
af5Fc.jpg
AgNWa.jpg
WbUHZ.jpg
rDSUt.jpg

Z3sU6.jpg
tD_Mu.jpg
tr_Kf.jpg
r4iWs.jpg
OGPjl.jpg
Qlp8T.jpg

A few things, first of all I can just view it of the perspective of a little modder, without much experience. Made some archtitecture models, though. Just here to help.  :???:

P2cq5.jpg

1 - why is the texture brighter at this point, looks weird for me.

2 - I have made quite good experiences with a darker part at the lower part of buildings, like dirt, more plants. I would recommend to add a level of "stairs" between the ground and the model. Houses normally just don't stuck in the ground.
More or less like here:

rastatt_favorite_aussen_schlossbrunnen.jpg
csm_Schloss__Landesmuseum_fuer_Kunst_und_Kulturgeschichte_Oldenburg_6b47d333b5.jpg

3 - I really like the roof, actually the whole wooden part. Maybe u can add more details somewhere or some more depth through normal maps, but it is actually quite good. Which shader do u use? I'm out of the game for a while and maybe it is just the engine, but the lighting looks quite odd for me.  :???:

In general, the level of details is quite low. In the model and the texture. Use more polys. Create more little stuff, like overhangs, corner stones, reliefs whatever, just make it interesting. Datails make a huge impact on the overall view.

Do you use ambient occlusion? The stairs would look better which more contrast, actually the whole model would in my opinion. More dirt and details everywhere, less repetitive textures.

Thanks for good criticism. You're right that more polygons and more details with textures would improve the model.
It's intentionally low-poly. Just shy of 9000 vertices. The stairs were an afterthought that I squeezed into the texture sheet. They could be much better.
Giving the model a base is a good idea.
It's using 'specular_shader_bump', and the odd lighting is Warband  :iamamoron:

Adorno said:
Thanks for good criticism. You're right that more polygons and more details with textures would improve the model.
It's intentionally low-poly. Just shy of 9000 vertices. The stairs were an afterthought that I squeezed into the texture sheet. They could be much better.
Giving the model a base is a good idea.
It's using 'specular_shader_bump', and the odd lighting is Warband  :iamamoron:

It's quite easy to add more detail with "easy" structures. You can easily add wooden strucktures like bars or beams, which are totally low poly (like a long cube, with 6 polys, 12 tris), which won't add much to the polycount but much to the level of detail.

Also 9000 polygons is the equivalent of 4-5 soldiers or 10-15 trees in vanilla. For a building that large you could have 3 times that many polygons and still have it be more screen-space efficient than most of the rest of the game. If you're really worried about polycounts, which isn't a big bottleneck in warband, add a couple of lods.

сикомор said:
finished my rifle  :mrgreen:
more pictures here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/W2GPLv
Looks amazing. Getting heavy Metro vibes from your work - same with the other posts on your Artstation.

Northern italian plate armour of the 15th century:

I'm trying to reproduce as closely as possible the armor displayed at the Glasgow's museum, as always suggestions are welcome.
The model is just highpoly from 3dsmax and still untextured, some parts are placeholders/need to be redone and it misses the gauntlets.
I had to scrap many parts redoing them again and again so this is taking me months of work but I'm happy since every hinge and every rivet is where it is supposed to be.

@Adorno & @fedeita Very good works of yours  :party:

Do the test and add if you can a chain mail coat outside the mesh

barbutaarnes.jpg

Aventails like that decline over the late 15th century, so Maille doesn't have to be included.

@adorno Are you making OSP buildings for a 19th century period? It looks good!

Slytacular said:
Aventails like that decline over the late 15th century, so Maille doesn't have to be included.

@adorno Are you making OSP buildings for a 19th century period? It looks good!

You're right, Fedeita, don't listen to me.  :wink:

fedeita said:

I'm trying to reproduce as closely as possible the armor displayed at the Glasgow's museum, as always suggestions are welcome.
The model is just highpoly from 3dsmax and still untextured, some parts are placeholders/need to be redone and it misses the gauntlets.
I had to scrap many parts redoing them again and again so this is taking me months of work but I'm happy since every hinge and every rivet is where it is supposed to be.

Damn fine job so far, really curious to see it textured  :grin:

Adorno said:
A keep - design based on César Tower.

uNCYI.jpg
Rk4fD.jpg

GqBV6.jpg
U54IP.jpg

kXMJE.jpg

A house. Brick and wood with rough stone base.
Au8RI.jpg

I love it. César tower has always been one of my favorite medieval monuments. Do you plan to make the interior?

fedeita said:

I hope to see that in Bannerlord.

Back
Top Bottom