Users who are viewing this thread

Austro said:
I don't post here often...

...But when I do...

2017-08-22_2215.png

my other works: www.Rohail.Artstation.com

Really cool, I love big bang theory!

Jackson ??? said:
Some logically placed 3d bubbles could be interesting. This just makes the image harder to see.

I actually removed the bubbles from the middle important area and just kept them to the side but i guess i could remove some more

It does absolutely nothing to the image itself, it looks exactly what it is, an overlayed bubble image over a render.

If you don't mess around with the lighting and put some atmosphere in there (by either volumetrics or with a composition with a z pass layer) doesn't matter if you paste bubbles it won't look like underwater.

Maybe try replicating refracted lights for the ambient lighting, something like this:

light-rays-over-the-ocean-floor_nkwx0btmf__S0000.jpg

Would there be a way to search through a module's texture folder and identify/separate the normal maps that don't have their y/green channel flipped?

Not automatically. Flipped green channel normalmaps look different to us at first glance, i.e. "lit from above/below", but it's not easy for a computer to tell which direction the original heightmap was supposed to be facing, whether it's concave or convex or whatever.

.dds files don't have metadata telling you what axes the channels represent, even though it would be so much simpler if they did,

Yeah, that'd need some neural network stuff to do automatically.

If you want to do it manually, the light on the green channel should be coming from below. If it's coming from above, it's flipped the wrong way.

I didn't do anything for more than 3 years. As Bannerlord might be released in 2018, I have decided to restart modelling, with easy architectural structures to begin, so that to recover my humble skills step by step.

Almohad late 12th century ribbed vault:
1503687708-voute.jpg

1503687711-voutesolide.jpg
Will be included in a full keep when finished.

Main source: first level of the keep of el castillo de la Atalaya, Villena:
1503688205-boveda.jpg
1503688206-boveda2.jpg

Thanks for your feedbacks and advices (actually I didn't expect any, given the high quality of what have been posted in the previous pages).

I've read about Substance Painter, it made me feel like an oldman discovering new technologies.
Now I want to stop with Wings3D and restart from scratch with Blender, PS, Sculptris, xNormal, Substance Painter, Unreal Engine for rendering etc.!
It is probably essential if one wants to make decent models for Bannerlord, whose graphical quality, even if not amazing, will be much better than Warband.

Btw, do you think sculpting can be useful for modelling simple architectural structures?

Back
Top Bottom