Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Model looks good, though I can't tell if there's a normal map in there. Doesn't look like it, especially around the battlements.
The texture is visibly tiling, so you might want to somehow break that up a little bit.

The normal map is faint, but there. I ended up overlaing a copy of the normalmap over the original to help it stand out, but I think the effect is too strong. Good point abount the tiling -- do you know of any tricks to fix that? I like the current size of the stone bricks so I like the current UV map scaling

Tiling is impossible to eradicate but you can hide the effects of it by making the texture as uniform as possible. Right now there's a big lighter section in some of the bricks which is easy to recognise. If you were to remove it the tiling would be much less visible when further away.

A lot of games nowadays will have a separate texture with much further apart UVs to overlay on the close up detailed texture, and this would prevent tiling both up close and far away. You can somewhat imitate this on big scene props by using vertex colours.

CounterPoint said:
Good point abount the tiling -- do you know of any tricks to fix that? I like the current size of the stone bricks so I like the current UV map scaling

High Pass and some tweaking with the Healing/Stamp tool.

High Pass filter (article explains it):

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131482/the_power_of_the_high_pass_filter.php?print=1

Healing/Stamp: Remove obvious elements who'll stick out too much (crevices, plants, cracks, etc)

my models for my mod
Captura_de_pantalla_13.png
Captura_de_pantalla_17.png
Captura_de_pantalla_18.png
Captura_de_pantalla_24.png
Captura_de_pantalla_21.png
blue one has a lot of texture problems :cry:

SacredStoneHead said:
High Pass and some tweaking with the Healing/Stamp tool.

High Pass filter (article explains it):

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131482/the_power_of_the_high_pass_filter.php?print=1

Healing/Stamp: Remove obvious elements who'll stick out too much (crevices, plants, cracks, etc)

Cool, thanks for this.

KokosnussBuddha said:
way more complicated than I thought it would be... but thank you :smile:
For more simple but cheap solution, you can try this;
Create a plane. Position it in front of your star. Texture it with something like this, which is semi-transparent.
cCP3i.png
You might want to make its center hollow if there are details you should show on your object and it should match with your star's color. So you might want to make it white and then coloring it with material settings.
So stage should be something like this,
VCuNq.jpg
PMxN8.jpg
But, I highly recommend you to learn how to use Blender compositing effects. Because as you can see, this solution is pretty bad-looking.

clothes under the armor looks a little off (belts or armor parts looks like dont doing any efect on clothe folds)
Midle clothe belt looks a litle strange to. Culdnt get the idea of what purpose it have or even how logically it is conected.
evrything else looks quite good

Very nice, except that some of the objects are noticeably less smooth than their irl counterparts, especially the things that aren't windmills.

I can also see a shadow on the top left star, which might be out of place unless it's supposed to be a moon.

nemeruis said:
working on a plate armor. Zbrush, 3ds Max ,Marvelous designer.

if you can find something odd or have suggestions please tell me.

2po5maj.png
51yhCId.png

It looks much better informed than a lot of fantasy armours. I'm not sure how much movement the pauldrons would allow. To me they look as though they don't match the bevor. The knees are also not very articulated, which could be a problem.

The neck protection is at odds with the rest of the armour. I'm not sure what that brown material is supposed to be or do. Lighter suits of "full plate" without proper neck protection tend to have helmets which contribute a lot more to make up for it. The straight, unflared base of your helmet is very unusual.

The cape attachment is also a mystery to me.

Back
Top Bottom