Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks guys, very pleased that you liked it

I don't know how long it took. I started this work 10 months ago, but a lot of time spent on training. It's not my main job, just a hobby for fun (at least not yet).

Link to my portfolio under the avatar.

New in game world map I am working on

O6mlxRQ.jpg
YnvOx4b.jpg
hGsO4c7.jpg
qu5HD0A.jpg

It retains detail as well so even when your zoomed in it still looks good

If anyone would like to help with map party placement i would greatly appreciate it  :grin:

La Grandmaster said:
New in game world map I am working on

O6mlxRQ.jpg
YnvOx4b.jpg
hGsO4c7.jpg
qu5HD0A.jpg

It retains detail as well so even when your zoomed in it still looks good

If anyone would like to help with map party placement i would greatly appreciate it  :grin:

Excellent work! Did you use the cartographer or another method? What mod will it be used for? Looks really great. I look forward to playing on it  :iamamoron:

I want to ask for a bit of advice, my Adobe licence has run out and I'm in need of a video editing software, I've looked and apparently Blender has a very good editing part to it, what do you guys think?

I've never used it, is it similar to After Effects?

kraggrim said:
Can you show some zoomed in pics?
Ill post some when i have the textures set up properly, it only uses placeholder textures atm.

Nord Champion said:
Excellent work! Did you use the cartographer or another method? What mod will it be used for? Looks really great. I look forward to playing on it  :iamamoron:
I use 3ds max, I have it set up with shaders, materials and textures so that it displays the map the same way as the in game engine does, but you can edit the map in any way you see fit. Theres really not much point in using thorgrims anymore imo, other than a conversion tool.

Try unwrapping the faces flat instead of projection. I see weird stretch marks. What tools are using to make this model?

Don't be afraid to put the extra detail into making the blade look like a blade. Right now it looks like an arse plug in this screenshot.

If you use Blender, check out the auto smooth or split edge modifier. That's a great method to make flat surfaces look flat, and eliminate any unnecessary smooth shading over edges.

I think you can put a little bit more love into the text on that blade. Try tweaking around with the opacity.

I made the model in anim8or and uv mapped it in uvmapperClassicApplication. And it was uv mapped unrapped. I think it is stretched because of strangely proportioned texture.

Back
Top Bottom