Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a problem with making bows. The way I understand it, you have to make 3 different frames, at ease, slightly bent, fully bent, and merge them in a vertex animation. But when importing the frames into openBRF they all show up with a slightly different vertex count and I can't fuse them. Anybody knows how to fix it?

I wanted to show my first 3D model here with a video I took testing the physics, which is on YouTube. I hope to improve my 3D modeling skills with this project because I know right now it doesn't look like anything, but hopefully it will some day :grin:

Feel free to give me suggestions or comments.

So two things:
-The wind is way too much, I know. I will tone it down in the future.
-The bar at the top, holding the flag, was supposed to be a piece of rope, but I couldn't get the banner to react to the rope's movement. So it is now a metal bar. (Unless someone who is Blender savvy can help me with that :razz:)

For Bear Force II

kn5GOA.jpg

NrjlZ5.jpg

a27dz5.jpg

8DjPYQ.jpg

D4jB76.jpg

I'm still working on it. Especially on chin part.

Your main problem is that you're sculpting at too high a resolution. The most important part of a good head sculpt is to nail the planes of the face and basic shapes at a low resolution and only once you've done that do you increase the resolution and add details. If you're started adding high res details without the basic shapes and proportions being good it's impossible to fix.

You should just focus on make a bunch of fairly low res models and focus only on the basics. Keep quickly making those until you've got good at it and then do some where you add details. Don't get attached to one sculpt and keep tweaking it, but just keep making new ones.

I've been meaning to ask you guys, what hardware is important for high-poly modelling/sculpting? I get a lot of lag and crashes in sculptris, and I'm going to be buying a new PC for Bannerlord anyway.

What should I be on the lookout for?

kraggrim said:
I've been meaning to ask you guys, what hardware is important for high-poly modelling/sculpting? I get a lot of lag and crashes in sculptris, and I'm going to be buying a new PC for Bannerlord anyway.

What should I be on the lookout for?

If you're getting crashes in Sculptris, I'll take a guess here and say you're exceeding the 2gb RAM limit that 32 bit applications like Sculptirs have. There's a patch for it somewhere on the internet, it will give you some more resolution to work with, roughly 4+ million tris.

Cruor_Volt said:
If you're getting crashes in Sculptris, I'll take a guess here and say you're exceeding the 2gb RAM limit that 32 bit applications like Sculptirs have. There's a patch for it somewhere on the internet, it will give you some more resolution to work with, roughly 4+ million tris.

There's an application floating around called "large address aware" which allows 32bit programs to use more than 2gb of memory, a web search for that name will lead you to the forum where the information and instructions are.

Ah, like you said it isn't using all the ram, thanks guys!

I'd still appreciate any advice on hardware as I'll be upgrading at some point anyway, just things not to skimp on or whatever. I really have no idea how modelling is handled by a computer.

Back
Top Bottom