Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah okay. Only thing I have to say is, is the grip part supposed to be a circular one, when the top part seems to transform into something oval? Looks a bit weird.

Sherlock Holmes said:
Ah okay. Only thing I have to say is, is the grip part supposed to be a circular one, when the top part seems to transform into something oval? Looks a bit weird.

Do you mean the front part where the beam is supposed to come out? If so, then yeah, I messed up on that part.

The Mighty McLovin said:
Sherlock Holmes said:

Do you mean the front part where the beam is supposed to come out? If so, then yeah, I messed up on that part.

Try to use support edges to sharpen everything, especially the... sloppy star-formation on the end of the hilt.
But as a first: Nicely done!
If you want stuff to be circular, use the addon "loop tools" - you can use it by selecting edges and pressing W

Exima said:
The Mighty McLovin said:
Sherlock Holmes said:

Try to use support edges to sharpen everything, especially the... sloppy star-formation on the end of the hilt.
But as a first: Nicely done!
If you want stuff to be circular, use the addon "loop tools" - you can use it by selecting edges and pressing W

Thanks for the advice. Will try to implement that next time! :smile:

Attempt at a helmet decoration (made using this tutorial).
AUPCY.jpg
Somehow managed to make the design far too small to be visible in game. Oh well, learning experience.

Yeah, most stuff you normally see are in their .lod forms, and small detailed stuff from 5 meters away can blur. Although normal maps do a pretty good job in helping those small details stand out.

It looks awesome.
I must say though, that windmill in a slim tower would never work. The construction is too fragile, and the wings are solid and flat.
I know it's just fantasy, but aesthetically it looks like you made a tower and  then decided to stick some wings on it.

Austro said:
Scene ive been working on for a good 6 weeks now

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12243880/SceneScene.png

Really nice! I think the leafy foliage at the base of the tree maybe feels stylistically a bit different to the rest of the scene. Like it's maybe a little too detailed by comparison or something.

It looks amazing! Gotta adjust that light though. Perhaps, you could illustrate the dawn as a nice timezone for this type of scenery.

Another scene im working on, planning on filling it up with trash & small props, sidewalks seems a bit barren atm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12243880/Sceneio.png

Back
Top Bottom