Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

sonyer said:
Another boring Dacian_Getae helmet :
wHBV2gM.jpg
fZm3jSR.jpg

well details looks quite good but if you want to get better quallity you need start spliting model in subtools
where for example details with is different matterial is a different mesh
big circle things on first helmet currently look like missing resolution with separated mesh it will newer going to look like this

Happy new year!
An thank you rgcotl for the good advices you give.Yes they have diferent subtools but I'm to laizy to paint them :smile: .I'm to laizy to make even the uv maps. :facepalm:

BlancMiles said:
Uhm strange... You get the same hard edge on your baked normal maps as I do. Do you use Blender?
Yep, no seams on anything else but on tangent normal maps I always get these ugly seams. xNormal isn't any different. Though flipping Y-direction helped with some of the seams.

Try baking to a triangulated mesh and keeping the same mesh to the renders/exports, as it can be due to the edge direction differing from one model to another.

If you use quads it automatically sets tris, it's just the edges are not really there for editing purposes, so when you export/convert to tris it may set different triangle edge directions.

If you're baking your normals, other than that I have really no idea of what are you guys doing wrong, as it's literally just selecting the mesh in the right order, selecting the bake type and clicking 'bake'.

If not, normalmaps are in general very sensitive to seams, one pixel off and you'll have wonky results, so indeed texture generated stuff can screw up when they meet up.

Back
Top Bottom