Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Dont wanna be mean here or anything, but have you ever tried to improve, Volkonski?  :razz:
Ive been following this thread for quite a long time and to me it seems like youre just doing the same thing over and over and over and over..
First idea that comes to mind while looking at your tanks, which could vastly improve your work, is proper use of smooth/flat shading with edge split, then maybe even move on to texturing etc.

Meleagros said:
QQQYVGI.jpg
Reminds me of:
6660040_std.jpg

_666_ said:
Dont wanna be mean here or anything, but have you ever tried to improve, Volkonski?  :razz:
Ive been following this thread for quite a long time and to me it seems like youre just doing the same thing over and over and over and over..
First idea that comes to mind while looking at your tanks, which could vastly improve your work, is proper use of smooth/flat shading with edge split, then maybe even move on to texturing etc.
I'm improving slowly, if you look back at my earlier work they're most blocky and really really ugly, now they're just mostly blocky and slightly less ugly which to me is an improvement  :razz:. And I have tried to use edge split but it went horribly wrong as I ruined one my favourite designs (Panzer SK VI Mammut) and I forgot to make a back up. If nobody is liking even the concept of them (Antonis I know you are the exception  :razz:) I can always just stop posting them.

@Volkonski:
Don't stop posting them, you've improved considerably and the models are looking good. The only thing letting you down is that all the edges seem to be hard. If you're using wings 3d the easiest way I know how to make the edges softer is to select the object, right click and then select auto-smooth. This usually gives good results and it's very simple so it's worth a try

Same here, although you know it, don't stop posting. I am not even an amateur when it comes to modelling, but I like them. Yes, the problem seem to be the hard edges, but Lionstrong suggested an option worth the try.

I don't really understand why only "professional" modellers can post here. I mean, it's called "Official 3d Art Thread". Keywords here are Art and thread. Art is completely subjective and thread stands for a discussion on the subject, not showcase for your portfolio, strictly. An opinion at least, this is.

@SacredStoneHead: Ah, the mage is amazing. I like the vampire/bat lady, too, but that mage...He makes me wanna play some Wizardry VIII again. :smile:

Yea, the one with the golden armor.

Kinda boring tbh, I want to get him out of the way to make Kirenna and hopefully finish what's left on the first two.

I think making the water lady is going to be fun, lots of different materials to explore  :q

I am being pretty productive these days. :grin:
Here's a second world war era Finnish Suomi KP/-31 gun model.

Rendered
zlAtP.jpg
Highpoly
7UoGS.jpg
Textures still need little bit more work.
Model is around 7 200 tris on 2048x2048 texture.

https://skfb.ly/CZSB

The anatomy gave me cancer.

Den.Di. said:
@La Grandmaster

This is zbrush. The best program in the world.

Swiss Grenadier. W.I.P.

Lovely!
On the hat, the end pieces of the cord are on the wrong side, no?

Back
Top Bottom