Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

@Artizan:

Solid work.

What strickes me at first glance is that the belly button is too low and his mid-back is a bit too stocky, making the torso look a bit longer than it actually is.

Curious to see it with the sculpting completed on the feet, this is going places.

Finished the wings and other small stuff on my Thirsha piece.

I'll let it sit a bit so I can look at it again with fresh eyes, and then make a final render with more passes if I don't find anything else to change.

Pedestal is obviously a placeholder too, I'll change it for the final version.

16418365168_735fe99ea1_o.jpg

EDIT:

for those asking themselves where this came from:

Original art: http://www.shannonassociates.com/artists/call/lg/0CALL89_1070711.jpg

Wikia: http://totalannihilation.wikia.com/wiki/Thirsha_the_Huntress_%28TAK_Unit_Zhon%29

Does anyone have a handcannon made? As in, primitive firearms looking like little cannons on sticks. Like the ones the Hussites were using against German knights.

avrie said:
Does anyone have a handcannon made? As in, primitive firearms looking like little cannons on sticks. Like the ones the Hussites were using against German knights.

Blood and Steel mod have them and it's developed by xenoargh.

avrie said:
Thank you very much Masterancza, I will download and disassemble it to use parts in my project.

Well, it's pretty simple really.

Credit the original authors, whose names are literally on every item's name if inspected in OpenBRF (i.e., if it says it's barf_blahblah in the BRF, guess what, Barf made it originally, and I've modified it in turn) and you can use any of it in a mod.  For the most part, this is about as easy as it can be; the artists whose collective work is in the mod is listed very clearly in the Wall of Text amongst other places, so matching up rrr_something with RR_Razor isn't a big deal.

If all of that sounds like "too much work" for you, be warned; I get pretty touchy about this if it comes to light that somebody's been "borrowing" our work without bothering to properly credit us, because all of these people have helped me, either directly or indirectly, and I take my responsibilities as the project's editor / artist-in-chief really seriously.

The safest route to crediting properly, if you're going to use our stuff in a project, is simply to copy-paste the credits from the Wall of Text, entire, into your own public credits.  That ensures you don't miss anybody and it's easy.  Some of those people on the list were coders and other helpers, but I don't list them separately, because I want everybody to be honored equally- help is help.

Please note that some items, like Dejawolf's, are restricted to use on this engine only; it's up to modders to do their homework.

Lastly, note that a lot of the items have been specifically engineered to make best use of my custom shaders, and won't work the same in Native.  I apologize for any inconvenience that may cause, but it was necessary to achieve the look-and-feel that makes the project special.

If you have specific questions, you can ask me about them here, but basically the intent is to let people use this stuff as they please, on this engine.

There are no such restrictions on the source code; all I ask is that people not borrow the name, i.e., no "Blood and Steel Rebal Mod" or "Blood and Steel Realism Mod" stuff, please.

Bloc said:
He is developing a game , If I remember correctly
exactly.
I already mentioned this)

SacredStoneHead said:
The level of detail in those are impressive, nice work  (:
thank you
much still that is not enough
I want to work with cloth, add seams
make the edges of the fabric torn

x сикомор:
That wolf pelt looks familiar, have you used the video of Tiflos as reference? I must say that the overall effect is very good!

Here I tried to do a video on how the vegetation is coming, who recognize the map (multiplayer)?

Decided to redesign the AV-1 18 tank as I severely botched up the chassis on the last version. This time I've gone for a BT, T-34, KV-1 and Maus styled tank instead of just T-34 and Maus. It's coming along nicely I reckon, just need to add tracks, redo the MG port, redo the wheels, remake the commanders cupola as it's a placeholder, make it generally more smoother and less boxy and add the fine details (engine grill, equipment, exhaust etc) and it should be good to go for texturing  :grin:.

AV-1 18

EDIT: AV-2 20, based on the KV-2. Made purely for giggles, I'll touch it up once I'm done with the AV-1 18.

AV-2 20

fedeita said:
x сикомор:
That wolf pelt looks familiar, have you used the video of Tiflos as reference? I must say that the overall effect is very good!

Here I tried to do a video on how the vegetation is coming, who recognize the map (multiplayer)?

Field by the river?

Back
Top Bottom