Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

What is it?

At a glance, I feel like the shoulders/underarms are kind of strange and the hands are too thin, but maybe some people are like that.

The hand wraps seem to be cutting off circulation.

Docm30 said:
Here's a quick head I sketched out recently. The hair is obviously just a placeholder and the eyebrows are just a mask I drew in two seconds. The reason the eyes look a bit crossed is that they're just spheres with an iris painted quickly on and the lack of an indented iris and a sclera make 3d eyes look weird. That'll be sorted if I ever do a low-poly.

headsketch.jpg

That's some good stuff, Docm, the skin texture is looking damn fine.

May I ask what is it for?

Yeah, practice never hurts. Keep up the good work.
Have you thought of making something like a tutorial\insight piece on how you model uniforms and other things, the process around those, I'm sure a lot of people would find that very interesting. Assuming you have time/motivation for that.

@сикомор, really nice as always  :smile:

New water shader and a very early test sloop

bQB7ppm.jpg
jhOZSqF.jpg

The ships movement is coded (using my own code completely different from VCs) so that it will always match the waves (move up and down/rotates depending on the wave underneath it). Looks pretty cool if i may so myself :grin:  Still need to create foamy waves though

Got some time today and decided to go back and redo Thirsha.

I'm still uncertain which scenery I'll do, probably she'll be on the top of Kandran ruins, and that warm light source may either be a fireplace or a lodestone, still haven't decided which.

I'll close her wings completely, as if I cut it out of the picture it looks **** and if I keep it, the camera must be too far to encompass it all.

Other things I'll add is her signature buckler and a lace on the spear.

Here's a preview (click to enlarge):

16519873956_67b4638956_o.jpg

It looks cool. Very good job. But if I can tell you that, I prefer the mage, always have. Wise, menacing, brooding, all that.  :smile:

Docm30 said:
After realising how embarrassingly bad the previous version was, I put a little more work into this head model to make it look semi-human. I'll probably tweak it a bit more and be done with it.

headwithmorework.jpg

Very nice!

Had some problems with modelling in Blender. Figured this would be a good place to point to it, as this thread is full of modelers.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,326322.0.html

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out here. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom