Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Most (dragon) items models here look good, but the textures need some optimization.
I suggest to learn bump mapping (using Crazybump for example) and get some professional look.

I've been getting(trying to get) back into modelling a bit:

An ugly falchion-thingy. Any feedback appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m17k77hmgo6swa/falchion%20thingy.png?dl=0
kkgLw.png

What material is the tunic supposed to be made of? It looks like a very light sheer and not the wool or linen I'd expect. Unfortunately Marvellous Designer is nearly useless when it comes to thicker materials like those. You really need to sculpt it by hand in those cases.

The Bowman said:
сикомор said:
All I can say is that you need a job and get paid for this.

My understanding is that they're commissions for a game.

Some things with the cloth:

- I don't know how it was made without any seams.
- It's cut quite neatly without any fraying or hemming - I guess that's possible with some materials but generally clothes have one of the two.
- I think it's strange to have folds on the top of both arms.

Here's a quick head I sketched out recently. The hair is obviously just a placeholder and the eyebrows are just a mask I drew in two seconds. The reason the eyes look a bit crossed is that they're just spheres with an iris painted quickly on and the lack of an indented iris and a sclera make 3d eyes look weird. That'll be sorted if I ever do a low-poly.

headsketch.jpg

The outer part of the lower eyelid is too prominent.
And around her nose's base, where wings are attached to the face they should widen a bit towards the face.
How much time did you spend on this?

Back
Top Bottom