Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Removed the odd folds. Should I add some folds or leave it as it is?

bell.jpg

Reskinned / culled triangles / rebuilt uvs on niekovic's Rhulg helmet design, while poring over the OSP helmets to see what's worth updating; it's so weird-yet-fearsome (like something out of a Mad Max film) that I couldn't resist.

512 skin, 1239 triangles for LOD0, 69 for LOD2.  I apologize in advance for speed-painting it, but I felt like the geometry should do most of the talking anyhow.

niek_rhulg_helmet.jpg
niek_rhulg_helmet_lod.jpg

@Queen Pinky:  now all you've gotta do is do an all-green version, and we can do Robin Hood, hehe.  Very nice reskin :smile:

xenoargh said:
Reskinned / culled triangles / rebuilt uvs on niekovic's Rhulg helmet design, while poring over the OSP helmets to see what's worth updating; it's so weird-yet-fearsome (like something out of a Mad Max film) that I couldn't resist.

512 skin, 1239 triangles for LOD0, 69 for LOD2.  I apologize in advance for speed-painting it, but I felt like the geometry should do most of the talking anyhow.

niek_rhulg_helmet.jpg
niek_rhulg_helmet_lod.jpg
He,he, I know that one; weird yet interesting.
rogati.jpg

Queen Pinky said:

bell.jpg
No offence, but in my humble opinion those braces don't look good... whole suit looks like civilian clothes, and they're only military elements - a bit out of place....

Hrmm, xen, try and add more yellow onto the horns
That's a thought- might give it a bit more aged-ivory feel.  Of course, those horns aren't anything real anyhow (they might be sabretooth teeth, heh) so they could be purple or chunks of hollow tin with silver sheathing or whatever.  I will have to be careful about the normalmap there, though, on a 512 I don't have a lot of resolution to do subtle stuff.

I am fairly certain it will be pretty nice with the normalmap / specular doing its thing; a bit of roughness and some shineh usually completes it, and it just needs to look ugly and a bit frightening to be effective.

Llew2 said:
DaBlade said:
Llew2 said:
Gallic axes for the Roman Mod.

Dolabra.

They look great, are those your textures?
Yep. All hand painted n' stuff.  :wink:

That even makes them more awesome then, excelent work :wink:

Queen Pinky said:

bell.jpg

And this also looks pretty good. I'd call it "fixed", good job :wink:

Back
Top Bottom