Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Some pics of stuff I made :razz: B.A.R is almost ready, clone helmet still needs doing.

B.A.R
101201547-3.jpg

101201551-3.jpg

101201553-3.jpg

Also, made a clone trooper helmet from star wars. Just for the fun I guess :razz:

Clone Trooper Helmet
101201556-3.jpg

101201561-3.jpg

101201564-3.jpg

Here is what i called Bererker Mask:
berserkermask.jpg
i know its pretty ugly up there but since i made it just for fun i wont fix it.

faradon said:
You have to add "supporting edges" to you models to make them look goor when smoothed. The nearer edges(edgeloops) are to each other, the sharper that part of the model will look like.

So heres the basic model with Turbosmooth, doesnt look good as I lose my wanted sharp edges on the model
74844326.jpg

NOW, I am adding edge loops through selecting the edge rings on the model (a proper edgeflow is needed for a good looking high poly model)
75997977.jpg

There we are, the model looks like it should and the modeller is happy :smile:
54105045.jpg

Looks great, is that your own design? :smile:

Faradon has been in the TLD team for a while now, that was just a little joke. I thought it was kinda funny because I think the last time I talked to him here in the Taleworlds forum was when we invited him to join the team :razz:

EDIT: BTW, we could use some more extra help from talented modelers and texturers... experienced riggers would also be welcome. Feel free to contact me or anyone from the team for details.

theAthenian said:
He is working on his own Lotr mod. I don't think he has enough spare time.

Why not let Faradon speak for himself? He's perfectly capable and he tends not to make false assumptions about his life. :roll:

BAR looks good WEe but were they really used much in the Winter War? (For all I know, they were, it just seems a little odd because I know they were mainly an american weapon).

been working on a modular wall last few days,

Its also multimesh, this is the low poly roof:
modroof.png

and the wall itself, made from 3 sculpted stones, high poly:
18348292.png
Low poly is about 2/5th done.

Thats cool! Its Zbrush right? You should add noise to the bricks, if you play around with the settings and the curve you could get your bricks onto a new level of detail :grin:

faradon said:
Thats cool! Its Zbrush right? You should add noise to the bricks, if you play around with the settings and the curve you could get your bricks onto a new level of detail :grin:
yeah its ZBrush, tnx for the sugestion, adding noise to the curve gives a real rough cut. I dont want to increase the detail a lot tho, i plan to add that with the texture, 3dsmax already almost crashes when ive got these all in high quality. even tho ive already used decimationmaster to cut down on vertexes in zbrush..

I will do that for loose stones, but imo it would take a lot more polys if i had all the stones individually, doing it as one allows me to add more detail. And it ensures me that there are no holes between the stones

viewport4.png

inspired by this:
http://www.brameulaers.com/tutorials/generic_wall_tutorial/generic_wall_tutorial.html

As a first attempt at texturing, that's not bad. My first attempt was a far cry from that, and to be honest i'm not achieving much better results than that now, so congrats =D

My advice is to increase the contrast a bit on the grip, and to make the colour changes more gradual on the blade. You also might want to model in a Fuller (Blood channel) on the blade for realism, though that isn't necessary. I'd say you should make the central pale line on the blade a bit lighter, and make the changes less "sudden" by adding less contrasting colours on the edges of the paler streaks.

You might also want to make the central section of the blade a bit more rounded - it looks too traight at the moment, and makes some of the other angles look too pointy.

You also might want to make the hilt a tad darker.

Other than that, there isn't much I can comment on seeing as I'm not much better than that myself at the moment. I'd appreciate it if someone could draw a diagram to illustrate what my crits - my computer's dying on me gradually and my graphics editing software (GIMP and Paint) no longer work.

- Blob

Back
Top Bottom