Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Great gun.

Dutch castle in game:
14591008003275_ingame1.jpg
610933720518_ingame2.jpg
1529560388664_ingame3.jpg
542115653013_ingame6.jpg

Not sure if you know this, mr.master, but something that really helps to get the proportions right on the models is to press space, right click and choose "Image Plane" and then import an image of the real weapon. It will create an image in your Wings 3D scene, so you can compare with your model.

:wink:

Lucke189 said:
Not sure if you know this, mr.master, but something that really helps to get the proportions right on the models is to press space, right click and choose "Image Plane" and then import an image of the real weapon. It will create an image in your Wings 3D scene, so you can compare with your model.

:wink:

Well, actually, I always start a model by creating a face which I will then put a image of a weapon to. Then I will model straight from the picture. Easiest way.

Hey, got bored of the 3d wings tutorial and went experimenting trying to do some kind of decorative pilar. I came up with this, tough it needs lots of refinement due to number of vertixes, etc.

99677531.jpg

59627416.jpg

So, what you tink for first try? I know it isent a weapon or armor or anyting like that but please coment :mrgreen:

Al_Mansur said:
I don't know if we can do that in Wings 3D  :???:

Meshlab can, which is also free and will optionally bake ambient occlusion into the verts....save out as .ply, import into openbrf, there ya go.

1911 working on for 'Into the Trenches' 850 902 triangles.
1911s.jpg

Kbcamaster said:
Fixed, thanks.

That came out well. My only criticism, would be that the jewels appear very flat in the texture. You might want to add a shadow around them. Here's a neat little gemstone tutorial: http://jgraphicdesigns.com/MoreArt/MoreArt_HTML/tutorial1.html

Llew2 said:
Sucks.

Alright, I present the last installment of the polarms, bringing the total to 71.

Tasty, extremely tasty. I like the 1st, 3rd, and 6th ones best. :razz:

Al_Mansur said:
Dutch castle in progress:
13156873791039_kasteel2.jpg
7437492636354_kasteel1.jpg
4120764522336_kasteel3.jpg
Damn awesome. :O Anything in particular you think of using this with? :wink:

And there are more very nice stuffs in these last few pages as well.
This is my latest sword:

It's just a remapped and retextured bastard sword I made some changes on, but I think it looks nice. (And it's certainly the best I've made. :razz:)  Nowhere near as good as some things in this thread, I know.

Edit; holy crap Al_Mansur, I hadn't seen the previous page with your castle in-game yet. I want it. :razz: Is it possible to get in the towers via the walls?
Edit2; IN-game pictures of my sword are more impressive. Also; how does one make a bumpmap, I wonder?

mobotium said:
Hey, got bored of the 3d wings tutorial and went experimenting trying to do some kind of decorative pilar. I came up with this, tough it needs lots of refinement due to number of vertixes, etc.

So, what you tink for first try? I know it isent a weapon or armor or anyting like that but please coment :mrgreen:
You should leave the details for the texture, not on the model.
The model serves only to provide the general shapes and surfaces.

Those triangles and stuff on the model won't show up in the game, you're better off just making a simple cylinder primitive and adding your decorations on the texture.

Back
Top Bottom