• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

Official 3D art thread!

Currently viewing this thread:

Marko͘

Section Moderator
WBNWM&BWF&SVC
Ah okay. Only thing I have to say is, is the grip part supposed to be a circular one, when the top part seems to transform into something oval? Looks a bit weird.
 

JamesThompson

Sherlock Holmes said:
Ah okay. Only thing I have to say is, is the grip part supposed to be a circular one, when the top part seems to transform into something oval? Looks a bit weird.

Do you mean the front part where the beam is supposed to come out? If so, then yeah, I messed up on that part.
 

Exima

Regular
The Mighty McLovin said:
Sherlock Holmes said:
Ah okay. Only thing I have to say is, is the grip part supposed to be a circular one, when the top part seems to transform into something oval? Looks a bit weird.

Do you mean the front part where the beam is supposed to come out? If so, then yeah, I messed up on that part.

Try to use support edges to sharpen everything, especially the... sloppy star-formation on the end of the hilt.
But as a first: Nicely done!
If you want stuff to be circular, use the addon "loop tools" - you can use it by selecting edges and pressing W
 

JamesThompson

Exima said:
The Mighty McLovin said:
Sherlock Holmes said:
Ah okay. Only thing I have to say is, is the grip part supposed to be a circular one, when the top part seems to transform into something oval? Looks a bit weird.

Do you mean the front part where the beam is supposed to come out? If so, then yeah, I messed up on that part.

Try to use support edges to sharpen everything, especially the... sloppy star-formation on the end of the hilt.
But as a first: Nicely done!
If you want stuff to be circular, use the addon "loop tools" - you can use it by selecting edges and pressing W

Thanks for the advice. Will try to implement that next time! :smile:
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Attempt at a helmet decoration (made using this tutorial).
Somehow managed to make the design far too small to be visible in game. Oh well, learning experience.
 

Slytacular

Sergeant Knight
Yeah, most stuff you normally see are in their .lod forms, and small detailed stuff from 5 meters away can blur. Although normal maps do a pretty good job in helping those small details stand out.
 

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
It looks awesome.
I must say though, that windmill in a slim tower would never work. The construction is too fragile, and the wings are solid and flat.
I know it's just fantasy, but aesthetically it looks like you made a tower and  then decided to stick some wings on it.
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Austro said:
Scene ive been working on for a good 6 weeks now

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12243880/SceneScene.png

Really nice! I think the leafy foliage at the base of the tree maybe feels stylistically a bit different to the rest of the scene. Like it's maybe a little too detailed by comparison or something.
 

Exima

Regular
Just tried to make a Jedi. Super highpoly.

Now: Yaaaay.... retopologizing  :meh:
I regret making it now...  :razz:

 

Austro

Master Knight
Another scene im working on, planning on filling it up with trash & small props, sidewalks seems a bit barren atm


https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12243880/Sceneio.png
 
Top Bottom