Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

just in case some of you are interested in 3Dscanning !

#3DST32 Freedom of expression by R0m1R on Sketchfab
3af6ff090f.jpg

@bloc, the technic is phtotogrammetry, you took a lot of pictures and then with those pictures, you can compute a 3D model.
The software used for the computation is agisoft photoscan.

@Rgcotl, normally, I cleaned mesh and sculpt some part or most of the time smooth the noise. But in this 3DST challenge, it's forbidden to clean our touch tha scan, you need to give the raw scan !

I've just decimated and separate in 4 parts because it was very heavy for the browser.
an example of what I have with 50 % decimation ^^
screenshot000.png

Hello all! It was a while since I saw stuff in this forum and boy the level improved!
So many good artist that I cannot resist.

Now I need to abuse this thread very quickly, sorry, it is an emergency...
Is there any good texture painter available to paint a texture some some (uv-mapped) model for me? I can pay!
A quick job. But it's kinda urgent, must be done like before yesterday! :grin:
PM me if interested (but either very soon or never).

Apologies again for misusing this thread!

mtarini said:
Hello all! It was a while since I saw stuff in this forum and boy the level improved!

Is there any good texture painter available to paint a texture some some (uv-mapped) model for me? I can pay!

I could give it a shot mtarini, what is the model anyway? I dont want anything for it though. Ill pm you

mtarini said:

if you need an extra hand, I'm here

rocky.jpg

Does anybody know how to avoid these seams ? This is so annoying.
Its somehow caused by the normalmap, but even if I handpaint on the normalmap over the seam, this crap is still there :neutral:

In openbrf right click model and select recompute normals, try deselecting "keep texture seems hard" and play around with the slider, you basically want this edge to be a "soft edge" not a "hard edge".

Its not the normal map causing it, see below if you are interested.

The following explanation isnt entirely correct but its a simple and easy way to think about it:

- The normal map tells the shader what direction each pixel (each single dot on your model) is facing. The direction a pixel is facing alters how sun light interacts with that pixel.

- Hard/soft edges tell the shader what direction neighboring polygons are facing. The direction of polygons again alters how light interects with them.

This is why you get that seam, as that seam is an edge which is specified as being "hard". Meaning that light will interact differently with the polygons on either side of it.

Its in Blender, not OpenBrf (Its not made for MB)

Unbenannt-1.jpg
Left is with normalmap turned on, rigth without, thats why I think the problem is caused by my normalmap ... but it shouldnt, cause everything is rigth with the normalmap .___.

Why is this UvSeam hard ?! :cry:

Very Much Work In Progress Winchester 1873 dont think its looking too bad considering its my first serious attempt at a rifle

UvuDOQ8.jpg

Looks nice  :smile:

BlancMiles said:
rocky.jpg

Does anybody know how to avoid these seams ? This is so annoying.
Its somehow caused by the normalmap, but even if I handpaint on the normalmap over the seam, this crap is still there :neutral:

Okay I searched a bit and I found some people with the same problem ... No real solution.
(It's only visible when the normalmap is turned on but it isn't the normal maps fault.)
It looks like the UV seams create duplicate vertices as if there would be a hard edge.

This problem is still there even if I export everything ... for example to open brf ...

Back
Top Bottom