Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

sonyer @
scale armor looks quite ok
exept i think it might be good to add some kind of a soft padding on the endings
overal helmet looks quite good
but i seriosly dont like the main helmet shape

Hello all it is a long time since I do not post something but I've been busy and the little spare time I have I use it learning zbrush and his damned interface layout  :mad:
after seeing the latest video of bannerlord I've totally lost the desire of modding and playing Warband also because of its limitations, here's the last things I've done for the landscape:
field by the river map remake:
2h2o87c.jpg

28s1wcj.jpg

i6gmc7.jpg

164d9c.jpg

2jbmtxk.jpg
some mediterranean landscape I was working on (all random generated terrains):
2hcqlno.jpg

14t349d.jpg

2mq71fp.jpg

15551rm.jpg

xkoaz9.jpg

15ejm79.jpg

rjl0dc.jpg

2cfrrfb.jpg

5frv47.jpg

2r1z1ol.jpg

2j3ldo2.jpg

14maq8k.jpg
as already said some textures were borrowed from romeII.

I made a quick map icon to test it in my asset. I tried to make it as low poly as possible. Its 660 face , 897 vert
lSscU.jpg
V5F-G.jpg
paAvp.jpg
This is the editor view without fancy effects, you can see both icons with walls and without walls
RYVLy.jpg
For anyone who curious about asset , here is the Unity forum link

fedeita said:
Hello all it is a long time since I do not post something but I've been busy and the little spare time I have I use it learning zbrush and his damned interface layout  :mad:
after seeing the latest video of bannerlord I've totally lost the desire of modding and playing Warband also because of its limitations, here's the last things I've done for the landscape:
field by the river map remake:
2h2o87c.jpg

28s1wcj.jpg

i6gmc7.jpg

164d9c.jpg

2jbmtxk.jpg
some mediterranean landscape I was working on (all random generated terrains):
2hcqlno.jpg

14t349d.jpg

2mq71fp.jpg

15551rm.jpg

xkoaz9.jpg

15ejm79.jpg

rjl0dc.jpg

2cfrrfb.jpg

5frv47.jpg

2r1z1ol.jpg
as already said some textures were borrowed from romeII.
They look like from a different game with different engine , I love it  :smile:

I made six different map icons , two for ancient times and 4 for modern times.I also made a simple tree model which developer use it freely without giving his users laggy maps because trees are only 24 poly.Here is all of them,
h1cxX.jpg
skzxq.jpg
7NYZC.jpg
DLGcp.jpg
And these are modern map icons ,  and again I tried to make them low-poly as possible. The highest one(Huge one with port , stadium and airport) 1107 Face , 1446 Edge
hck_k.jpg
KbiPE.jpg
vpgzo.jpg
mM1zP.jpg
jZdD9.jpg
YsmAJ.jpg
Blobmania said:
@Bloc That's pretty sweet, man. Love that you've made it free as well (generosity pints aside).
Thanks , but I guess there is a misunderstood , asset is not free  , well Its really cheap comparing to other assets but Its not free. And Im planning to make a map icon asset package aswell too. And I tend to make it cheap too.

I really liked how they are looking, Bloc. Only that, it has an anti-aliasing problem? Dunno, I am not much of a 3D artist myself. Keep making it better. :smile:

@Blobmania: Thanks , If you interested and want some futher informations, feel free to contact me whether way you bought it or not.

@Efe Karacar: Well I used Chromatic aberration effect , that might be the problem. But yes , Antialiasing can be a ***** in Unity sometimes, I need to review my settings. If they dont have any modelling/texturing problem(despite they are really low which looks bad when we zoom in like screenshots) I am done  :smile:

I have a question regarding efficiency. I am in the process of making five to six helmets and I thought it would be a good idea to lay each helmet's UV layout on a 2048 by 2048 texture. Is it better to instead have a separate layout for each helmet? I'm not sure if the 2048 by 2048 texture idea I have in mind is idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom