Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Romainoir said:
Finally, I try to finish my model today !
What I got :razz:

GTMdS.jpg
Note that I am not a 3d modeler, this criticism is just on aesthetics, and I have no idea how practical it will be to implement most of these changes.

-The ones noted by Volkonski and Somebody.
-She looks too perfectly molded, add wrinkles, (wrinkles are not unique to old people, young people do have wrinkles in their face, and more depending on their expressions) and make the one wrinkle already there a little less pronounced.
-The hair... Looks like it's plastic. Bannerlord's hair is a good inspiration. Make it look like it has individual strands of hair rather than a group of hair strands clumped together by gel.

It looks good otherwise, you have put a lot of extra details in, which is nice. :smile:

Romainoir said:
thx guys for your comments !!!
finally redo the render and textures that were bad and I think she is prettier
_bs4E.jpg

Her gaping smile reaches half a foot across her face.

Other than that, nice sculpt

Ps Under her eyes is as wrinkly as a dryed out ballsack

If you fix the enormous smile and the really wide eyes(from a horizontal viewpoint) it's gonna be awesome. Fix it and I'd even like it as an avatar. Give her eyebrows a bit more visibility and make them darker too.

Eyes are too big and too far apart and mouth is slightly too large (see below)
One on right is a really quick improved version, its not perfect but looks more lifelike in my opinion. Hopefully gives you a bit of an idea  :grin:

2w25.png

I have a problem. When I try to export a static mesh from Open BRF, nothing happens. I mean I select the mesh--> Right click--> Export static mesh-->choose location-->Nothing. The .obj file isn't there. Please help!

Beobart said:
http://p3d.in/IRKGD

For such a dark metal you might want to make the specular map correspond with the ambient occlusion a bit more, because at the moment there's no normalmap and the specular is just flat, even on the undersides.

Also on some of the curves you have hard edges where there shouldn't really be.

But other than that it's a nice texture, and the model isn't bad either.

First of all thank you for your feedback.

http://p3d.in/IRKGD/spin

-Added a spec map
-Added a normal map

jacobhinds said:
Also on some of the curves you have hard edges where there shouldn't really be.

I don't know exactly, which edges you mean... Can you please show them on a screen?

Back
Top Bottom