Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

FantasyWarrior said:
A stupid model, but funny techniques : transparency at 50% for diffuse/bump and spec, and a special shadder  :lol: (a "specular shadder" not work with the DXT5 transparency...)

I just don't get why the bumpy surface in glass.

Noisy normalmap ≠ good normalmap, use it only where it's needed :wink:

@SacredStoneHead

I dont know,i think it's a better effect than this  :neutral:

Ur1vP.jpg

@Bloc
Nice!  :smile:
For sure, it's not a stupid model. :mrgreen:

FantasyWarrior said:
@SacredStoneHead

I dont know,i think it's a better effect than this  :neutral:

Ur1vP.jpg

It looks better that way, or at least it makes more sense.

If your textured model doesn't look good, noise simply won't do it, even if you think it looks more detailed - I can assure you it doesn't, if you still can't, one day you'll learn to diferentiate noise from actual detail.

If you think it's too plain as it is, you could change the shape or add more 'glassy' details, such as rings or actual relief, if you feel the urge to do so.

Some examples:
Glass_Bottle.gif
il_340x270.451136751_ifsm.jpg
glass-bottle.jpg
85df3fa69dc1161fe0813cc78f2b0725.jpg

Im trying to render with wings 3d but don't know what to use, could you guys give me some advice on this. I don't really know what im doing here but im just fiddling around, I have this set out and a light source. Im probably doing something wrong but I would like to setup a basic render.

I thought so but can you get a decent render with wings 3d because if you can I would like to know how. I used that kerkythea with wings 3d.

FantasyWarrior said:
Thank you  :grin:

But the specular and probably the bump not work in game for the moment  :neutral:
6o1_8.jpg

Wow. That's cool. Except for SacredStoneHead is right. But that's the way to go. Excellent idea.  :grin:

Especially for more "recent" mod periods, that's quite useful.

Maybe you add some label to the bottle instead of the noise? Some wax fragments where the buchon is?

@FantasyWarrior:  If the object is not going to get used in large outdoor Scenes, just increase the polycount a bit to increase the roundness.  A few more loops should be sufficient.

SacredStoneHead said:
Learn to use Google, ffs.

Well I just like to hear from people rather than google results, im more comfortable with that. I want to build up a scene within wings 3d and then render it, I tried other programs but I can't get used to the interface or the controls. I also don't know what these settings are and what gives the best render overall.

xPearse , try to use Kerkythea's standalone version.Save your models as .xml then open it in Kerkythea.Its really easy so you can start taking renders very fast

Bloc said:
SS Dagger , 399 face.
RnQZk.png
covXr.png
JD9AE.png
I guess I have to wait a Nazi for a good suggestion  :razz:

Okay guys how the fvck do I return to a forum I last used when I was 13 without embarassing myself to death and back  :smile:

thank you for your suggestions, but i don't have any time for make it better  :neutral:

I have a lot of work with scenes, codes... :???:

If you want a tutorial for a transparency object...

The problem is the shaders with the specular map (not work with a transparent object, i  search a solution...but later  :lol:)

SacredStoneHead said:
FantasyWarrior said:
A stupid model, but funny techniques : transparency at 50% for diffuse/bump and spec, and a special shadder  :lol: (a "specular shadder" not work with the DXT5 transparency...)

I just don't get why the bumpy surface in glass.

Noisy normalmap ≠ good normalmap, use it only where it's needed :wink:

I understand now, thanks master  :smile:

xPearse you better start using Blender, Blenders Cycle Render creates quite decent renders, or other programs like vray, Wings is just way too limited.

About the lighting, just google "3 point lighting".

Back
Top Bottom