Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarvisimo said:
00XQB.png

That doesn't look very comfortable to hold and it could probably do with a better wood texture. I think the metal looks great though.

BlancMiles said:
Okay changed something again, now in the compositing

progress.png
It's much easier to see what's going on now.

I'd still like to see more details on the table. More geometry, nails, planks and a texture that makes the corners look properly worn.

The wall parallax effect you've got going on looks alright now... though the texture is still a bit dodgey I'd say. All the plants make it look like it's outside... infact the lighting generally makes it look that way. Try desaturating the greeness of the plants to make them look dead or mossy I guess. Play around with some warmer lights too. The floor kind of almost looks really nice but it's not quite there. Near the shadow of the table it's intensely saturated. Try to reduce that effect a bit without losing the nice levels.

Captain Lust said:
BlancMiles said:
Okay changed something again, now in the compositing

progress.png
It's much easier to see what's going on now.

I'd still like to see more details on the table. More geometry, nails, planks and a texture that makes the corners look properly worn.

The wall parallax effect you've got going on looks alright now... though the texture is still a bit dodgey I'd say. All the plants make it look like it's outside... infact the lighting generally makes it look that way. Try desaturating the greeness of the plants to make them look dead or mossy I guess. Play around with some warmer lights too. The floor kind of almost looks really nice but it's not quite there. Near the shadow of the table it's intensely saturated. Try to reduce that effect a bit without losing the nice levels.
Agree...I would add detail to the table... :grin:

Captain Lust said:
The wall parallax effect you've got going on looks alright now...
I'm not buying it at all. The stones are completely warped and bulge out in little uncoordinated lumps.
The focus is also off. The left side of the wall (corner) is blurred, but the right side of the table (edge) is blurred.
Why all the blurriness at a distance of 2 metres max.?

Update!

I added windows to the tower. I haven't textured them yet, so I replaced them with the default M&B wood texture as a placeholder.
I also made a stretch of Gondorian wall.
ir3ig.png

As for the sword, I heeded your advice and worked a lot on the hilt.
9LojI.png
Gw6Je.png

Crits are extremely welcome!

man, i like the design but i think you exagerrated a bit (more) the thickness of the handle. i know it's fantasy mod you're working on but the handle needs to be a bit thicker, IMO.

Yet another update on the sword, then. I removed the 'candlestick' base and removed the jagged handle too. It looks a little thin, but I can fix that easily enough.

3da6A.png
xk9IN.png

The handle looks much better now, Jarvisimo :smile:
------------------------------
Ship thingy, early wip:

BP24.jpg

BP27.jpeg

BP25.jpeg

And let there be .... cannons...
can.jpeg
...and bigger ships.
shi.jpeg