Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Looks slick, Unity's lighting engine's very pretty :smile:  If you'd like some critique overall, it'd be nice to see the assets in plain-jane lighting with a minimum of fancy post, but it looks moody and romantic, a bit like a serious version of the scenery from Sleeping Beauty :smile:

Hope you like sabres, 'cause I just keep making them.

This one is based on a Mameluke-style Scimitar carried by a French officer.

mamelukescimitar.jpg

Not terribly pleased with this one, so I could use some crits on it.

Anyway, it's about 580 triangles and is on the same 1024s as the last sabre I posted.

Docm30 said:

mamelukescimitar.jpg

Anyway, it's about 580 triangles and is on the same 1024s as the last sabre I posted.
Something's bugging me with the handle but i just can't put my finger on it, i suppose it's due to the texture you used for it.

Docm30 said:

mamelukescimitar.jpg

well it looks like scythe not like an officer saber
i could say you should rework probably blade including the normal maps
also handle probably could use few more polygons

rgcotl said:
well it looks like scythe not like an officer saber
i could say you should rework probably blade including the normal maps
also handle probably could use few more polygons
It may look like a scythe, but the model is based closely on an actual sword carried by a French officer, so I'm sure it's accurate.

What exactly do you think need reworking about the blade? Not sure what I can do with the normal-map as the blade is very simple and there's not much I can normal-map on.

rgcotl said:
something very simple
sharpen the edges in normal map with in reality isn't sharp
image3og.png

some scratches on diffuse and spectacular map

If you mean sharpen as in the photoshop filter... try to avoid sharpening a normal map. You'll get small lips on the edges of surface transitions. Generally, baked normalmaps shouldn't be messed with.

rgcotl said:
it is not hard to do height map for such blade

Do you mean you want him to add a bevel to it? this is a baked tangent space hardsurface object. Heightmapping that on would look extremely janky. Besides, the real thing hasn't got a beveled angle like that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom