Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

@Al Mansur:  Nice job, those little tiny castles must be fun :smile:

@Rathos:  I like the shield, good start! 

1.  The normals on the straps and rim are really week, vs. the wood.  Really, it should have some real geometry there, I think, at least for LOD0.  Too late now, so you're going to need a lot more contrast there.  IDK why you'd do a high-poly sculpt for something this simple, though; if you kept your layers intact, you could do the normalmap in just a few minutes.

2.  The metal feels really blotchy, contrast-wise.  Try dumping a much more neutral metal in there and doing simple inner glows to establish a basic border.

@OrangeKnight:  ...where's the cannon?  You can't get better if you don't finish what you start :wink:

@Xelvod: Yay, a balrog :smile: 
1.  I'm wondering where the 30K tris are, because it's not obvious where you're eating all that geometry.  The body's not bad, the wings aren't bad... are there crazy loops getting used on the head?

2.  The diffuse needs more work; if you're 3 days in, by all means, cut yourself a little slack and enjoy the holidays :smile:

xenoargh said:

1.  The normals on the straps and rim are really week, vs. the wood.  Really, it should have some real geometry there, I think, at least for LOD0.  Too late now, so you're going to need a lot more contrast there.  IDK why you'd do a high-poly sculpt for something this simple, though; if you kept your layers intact, you could do the normalmap in just a few minutes.

2.  The metal feels really blotchy, contrast-wise.  Try dumping a much more neutral metal in there and doing simple inner glows to establish a basic border.

@OrangeKnight:  ...where's the cannon?  You can't get better if you don't finish what you start :wink:

1.  I'm wondering where the 30K tris are, because it's not obvious where you're eating all that geometry.  The body's not bad, the wings aren't bad... are there crazy loops getting used on the head?

2.  The diffuse needs more work; if you're 3 days in, by all means, cut yourself a little slack and enjoy the holidays :smile:

Orange gave the job to someone else. Not me, but I made my own slight retextures (the cannons look like brass with either cherry or oak now. :grin:)

xenoargh said:

He said 3k.

xenoargh said:

lol i work few hours one day and few hours next day etc. Not 72 hours...
and yeah 3k not 30k

xenoargh said:

As I said I was bored when I did it, nothing serious, will not be used for anything other than lying around on my desktop.  :razz:

Why I did it with a high poly, just wanted to test something out with it.

Guts' handcannon retextured. Model by Berserker Pride.
handcannon.png

Took me some hours. It also gave me a headache. No joke.

xenoargh said:
Thanks, if you want to know what happened to the cannon, I was able to get a proffesional 3d moddeler to model it and bake it and stuff. He will then give me everything and I will texture it.

Docm30 said:
I made this British Foot-Guard coat earlier...

britishfootguard.jpg

I'm rather pleased about the way the lace on the front and cuffs turned out.

It can't possibly look that good in-game.... But I love the model

Hmm... it might, if shaders get a bit better.

Anyhow, fantastic work Docm30 :smile:

Oh, and Xelvod, sorry, I failed at reading today, was in a bit of a rush and, erm, added a zero :wink:

Some 5 minute retextures of Shredz cannon. In reality, I just edited his original textures, but I kind of like 'em. :smile:

This uses the great shader by Xenoargh (recently released) along with my crap normal and decent specular (plus my most-likely-inaccurate texture) (PS: AA is off...forgot to turn it on when I took the screen)

That handle is baked on? If it isn't, then you may feel offended by this, but those straps don't look as good as polygons, but they are AMAZING for a bake. :smile:

xenoargh said:
Hmm... it might, if shaders get a bit better.

Anyhow, fantastic work Docm30 :smile:

Oh, and Xelvod, sorry, I failed at reading today, was in a bit of a rush and, erm, added a zero :wink:
why nobody try to write new ones? is it possible?

A Challenge, anyone?..
http://www.metmuseum.org/Collections/search-the-collections/40000838?high=on&rpp=15&pg=1&rndkey=20111212&ft=*&when=A.D.+140-41600&what=Costume&pos=10
I may try to model it, but it'll be some work.
It'd be a beautiful piece to see in game, though a little late in period, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom