Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Highelfwarrior said:
Cymro said:
Question: how does everyone here make their models? Do you make it all in one go, or make all the parts seperately and glue them together at the end? I find making them seperately and combining them is a little easier.

I do it in one piece. Inset, extrude and hard edges. Same if not better look, much more efficient ingame. Just a little harder to model that way since you can't lock/hide or other options that apply to objects.

I always made my swords with a seperate box for the handle and for the blade. Can't see any reason why that would be less efficient in-game than a one-piece sword.

Lhorkan said:
I always made my swords with a seperate box for the handle and for the blade. Can't see any reason why that would be less efficient in-game than a one-piece sword.
shadows look quite strange in M&B when you're using seperate boxes.

I'll try and add my sword to the game. Knowing my luck, it'll probably be held upside down :razz:

Here's a sword I made about 6 months ago but nevered textured properly or managed to get in game.  I think I did a much better texturing job this time though (using weapons1), but I still cannot get it in game.  I keep getting an error about default texture when starting the game.
Anyway, here it is:

RanGer_SLO said:
WeeSeng said:
RanGer_SLO said:
here it is, my first medieval sword in wings

>pic<

>quote<

Depends

If the model has alot of stuff on it then i just rather make seperate instead of extruding everything after im finished I make it 1 object beafore UV mapping.

But for swords I just use 1 model.

great sword and you used only one object ? cool ! how do you go about making a cube into a round pommel i dont quite understand , or making the end into a round pommel ? please answer me !

easy I use the smooth function

right click -> smooth or use the S button.

So if you want to make a handle use extrude and then smooth the handle. If you want to make a blade use insert (right click -> insert) then smooth the insert, scale it so you make it thinner then extrude.

you have been a great help , thanks  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: releasing a screenshot of my remodelled katana and coloured great axe  :razz: :razz: :razz: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

here is my final stage of my katana ,

please admire ( and please wait for my great axe , i cant figure out what are the parts to colour and what colour to use on each and every part , if i colour it with one colur it is not great , when i use a variety of colours it looks alot like a colour collage ! please give me some ideas ! )

Well, since the title doesn't say "first" model, or a model for M&B; these are my best works in wings3D so far.

1xm6.jpg

Most impressive, HighElfWarrior. How many polys? (I'm getting prepared to see a very large number here :shock:)

As expected, putting the sword in the game at first caused it to be at least 100 times larger than the player, and held by the blade :razz:

A short scale and .obj fix later, and...

sword1inmountblade.png

Say hello to the "Noble Longsword"

I can say that there is nothing close to the sensation of playing with your first model in-game :smile:

One problem - whenever I make a mod nowadays, it gives me an error of "Assertion Failed!", with the line of code in question being "(0 <= val)&&(val < 10)", but I can ignore the error 5 times and it goes away. No idea why.

Highelfwarrior said:
Hughbèr said:
I keep getting an error about default texture when starting the game.

Check the BRF you imported the sword into, go to the material tab and delete the default material you imported along with the sword.

I couldn't find any such materials lying around in my brfs.  I made sure that I didn't have anything which I thought I wouldn't need, and I still get the error.

And I have a picture of a silly anime hair style model, but I can't upload it to imageshack, just so it doesnt look as though Im sidetracking.

my second sword... was supposed to be 2 handed but turned out 1 handed cuz the handle didnt have enough room for both hands and the guy was holding it by the spikes which looked a bit painful

sword2wingsvc5.jpg

was also my last try for now, got lots of work left to do on the mod before i can spend time on my own models :smile:

Just thought i'd ask, just started using wings... Do you make the sword vertical or horizontal?

Highelfwarrior said:
Well, since the title doesn't say "first" model, or a model for M&B; these are my best works in wings3D so far.

1xm6.jpg

that's...not.....natural!
i've never seen such an impressive work of 3d art!

Highelfwarrior said:

1xm6.jpg

That is not a normal model... It's art. The best one i did ever see... How much time did you spend on that?

keep 'em coming

the more models the merrier  :lol:

my latest model

BAR_render.jpg

BAR M1918

I'm actualy weary pleased how this model turned out since it's suposed to be low polly and all

494 polys, 140 edges and 560 vertecies (much less compared to the thompson)
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/RanGer_SLO/BAR_work.jpg

now I need to texture the darn thing  :lol:

EDIT. bah stupid me, I knew I forgot something :grin:
BAR_render2.jpg

Highlander said:
Lhorkan said:
shadows look quite strange in M&B when you're using seperate boxes.

The 'combine' function doesn't solve that? Or I could say.....does the 'combine' function not make the two parts into one?

RanGer_SLO said:
keep 'em coming

the more models the merrier  :lol:

my latest model

BAR_render.jpg

BAR M1918

I'm actualy weary pleased how this model turned out since it's suposed to be low polly and all

494 polys, 140 edges and 560 vertecies (much less compared to the thompson)
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/RanGer_SLO/BAR_work.jpg

now I need to texture the darn thing  :lol:

EDIT. bah stupid me, I knew I forgot something :grin:
BAR_render2.jpg

very nice  :smile: . I want that  :grin: .

Back
Top Bottom