Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
Are you advertising a commercial product? Bold :smile:

Is it parallax mapping, or a really good height map feature? (excuse my ignorance).

I've seen some people showing their products here before. I thought there would be no harm :shifty:

I used tessellation, vertex displacement and parallax mapping at the same time. First I tried to do all the details with tessellation. It was look great but I could barely see 10 fps. So I've used tessellation for large details such as brick shape and cracks. I used parallax for 1 centimeter or less smaller details. And of course I used the normal map for micro details. The result was nice in my opinion and it works in 60 fps. However, all options can be turned on or off any time.

Finished another remake of my old TA:Kingdoms monarch renders, this time it's Kirenna.

Tis been quite a challenge to find free time nowadays, but one day I'll get Elsin done as well.

eduardo-rahn-moreira-kirenna.jpg

Full res

SacredStoneHead said:
Finished another remake of my old TA:Kingdoms monarch renders, this time it's Kirenna.

Tis been quite a challenge to find free time nowadays, but one day I'll get Elsin done as well.

eduardo-rahn-moreira-kirenna.jpg

Full res

Absolutely fantastic! Os meus mais sinceros parabéns.

I'm wondering if anyone here is willing to take on a request to make a single model of a polearm for my Three Kingdoms mod? If interested, PM me and I'll go over the details with you.

I was playing around with Eevee Render in Blender and I want to share some results. No post-processing at any kind, this is all render :smile:
The statue is based on the statue of Roman Emperor Trajan, located in front of a section of the London Wall built by Romans.
Overall, I think it looks pretty decent however I have some doubts about the flag. I kinda feel like it looks a bit off, compared the rest of the scene, but after a couple of material tweakings, this was the best I come up with.
TRna-.png

Looks really good. I don't see a problem with the flag as part of the scene.
The creases in the fabric, however look a bit odd/random. Maybe because they go both vertical and horizontal.
Of course all creases are not parallel, but rarely are they perpendicular on each other.

Maybe I'm wrong, just giving my two cents.
EE7yY.jpg

Adorno said:
Looks really good. I don't see a problem with the flag as part of the scene.
The creases in the fabric, however look a bit odd/random. Maybe because they go both vertical and horizontal.
Of course all creases are not parallel, but rarely are they perpendicular on each other.

Maybe I'm wrong, just giving my two cents.
EE7yY.jpg
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I kinda felt that as well but I used cloth simulation for creating the flag. I also used self-collision on cloth to increase realism on it and also it was high-poly. I think this issue happened because I picked the wrong frame in the animation. There is a constant force/wind in the scene that waves the flag and perhaps this particular frame was its wiggle stage where it will damp later on :smile:

Im planning to continue with this concept for awhile. Eevee is more fun and effective than I expected. I'm still Cycles fan tho but results from Eevee are quite decent as well.

Artizan said:
the material of the statue looks more like wax or soap than marble.
At the beginning it was more solid-like material but I added some subsurface scattering effect better reflection but forgot the adjust color range for it. And for fast rendering I decimated some thousands of polygons which led to melted-like look on details. However, I was trying to catch the sense of new/well preserved sculpture rather than the old one. That's why I wanted to keep glossiness.
1-White-Marble-Fat-And-Happy-Buddha-Statue_2.jpg
b69df509ac4905cf7f8916979f1b2547.jpg
But since most of the statues are from Renaissance or Ancient times, they don't preserve their polished look and glossiness.
But I will tweak glossiness and subsurface scattering settings a bit for sure.

I've been doing a lot of work recently in order to improve my portfolio. Especially on wooden related objects. I drop you guys a link.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EV0eEv

Some props on sketchfab too for 3d render:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/old-wooden-cottage-props-part01-ed179651fbcd4482ba540a9388eabe73
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/one-handed-axe-fd2d8b0f918a403cbe510ed95bc96de9

Br,

Looks fantastic.
I think the fire in the oven is flashing too much. It goes completely dark in one frame. I don't recall that from reality.
You could have added a few sound effects for more ambience - in the little video - but maybe that wasn't part of the assignment.

The green books in the cabinet are upside down - but that's just my OCD talking  :smile:

Adorno said:
Looks fantastic.
I think the fire in the oven is flashing too much. It goes completely dark in one frame. I don't recall that from reality.
You could have added a few sound effects for more ambience - in the little video - but maybe that wasn't part of the assignment.

The green books in the cabinet are upside down - but that's just my OCD talking  :smile:

Eheh :smile:
Thanks, will add some sounds when I'll make that short clip on yt. Thanks for the comment  :party:

Back
Top Bottom