Offical Vocals Sound Pack

Users who are viewing this thread

No probs. Once i finish with my vocals pack I might offer to make some sound mod hybrids.

If anyone wants the sound/music modules from the vocals pack let me know.

Rejenorst, fine work. I like the sounds a lot.

I have started working on a voice mod myself, but not for public release, pretty much to keep myself entertained.
While searching for help I kept running into your threads. Following your progress has been a monumental help!

I have a question for you though. How did you get your sounds to blend in so well? My recordings seem to have
the problem of sounding too present. They don't seem as though they emanate from the npc's in battle.

Also, and these may well be one and the same, could you help me make sense of the number after the sounds
in the sounds.txt file?

Hi there thankyou for you feedback glad you like the vocals pack.

I use an SM58 mic and a Behringer 100 preamp which is fairly cost effective solution for recording sounds.

The big problem is in the mixing. You have to set all recording volumes at just the right levels.

I use soundforge for editing and then add a wavehammer compression effect or I just do the compression through fruityloops.

Im not sure about the numbers in the txt file, I edit in sounds via python scripting. The modules_sounds.py is where you can change/add sounds the result of the export is the soundstxt file.

If you send me a sample of you voice recording I can take a look and see if I can spot the problem.

[email protected]

I have lesser gear.

A Groove Tube GT55 condenser
A Shure RS130 dynamic
A Multimix12 mixer
For editing, I have Fruity Loops, Magix Audio Studio, and Goldwave.

I did notice that since I set the game to enable sound variation that
some of the pitches they use sound right. I'm thinking I might just
need to play with my voices' mid range, and overall compression ratio.

By the way, lol, you don't want to hear my recordings. There is a ton of cussing hehe.
I'm working my stuff in with your stuff. Sounds good with more than one voice
screaming after a battle is won. Takes a great thing and makes it even better IMO.

This room I'm in. I call it the man cave. It has all my toys, but there is an echo and it
has quite a bit of room noise from my PC. I'm probably going to have to find a more
suitable room to record in as well.

Something I found out when voice editing, words need not be intelligible...it can be gibberish which sounds like an existing word. Add a little reverb and volume changes and when its played in battle, your own mind will try to make sense of it depending on the circumstance.

Something like "Daygether!"

in your mind, if you didn't really focus on the sound played somehow translates in your head to "Stay together!' ..or at least thats what your mind will ...'feel'

VOCAL SOUNDPACK 6.5 BETA (THIS IS A MOD AND NOT A SFX REPLACER BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO REPLACE YOUR NATIVE SOUND.TXT AND SOUNDS WITH THIS.)

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=6&id=962

module_sound.py is not included in the rar but can be downloaded here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/167214742/module_sounds.py.html

Be aware that Ive renamed most of the sounds to be in numerical order.

Please give feedback if you feel something is off and for a change if something is positive :razz:

-For those that dont know what this soundpack does; it adds alot of death screams and additional vocal sounds which are made and edited by the same person who made the vocals sounds for the vanilla game.

-Most of the sounds from 6.0 ported for version 1.011

-Removed music pack since M&B now has a decent music score

-Have configured the hit sounds for pierce/blunt/cut dammage. This doesn't seem that apparent in arena mode though which is fine.

-I have yet to add additional female death sounds by Jade but don't have them here in the Philippines. Will get it done when Im back in Australia.

Planned updates:

-As you know I'm constantly adding/replacing or fixing sounds until I am happy with the result. Please don't hesitate to post criticism/suggestions feedback. Thanks.

Enjoy and please post feedback/comments/crits etc thanks.

TO ADD THE SOUNDS TO YOUR OR SOMEONE ELSE'S MOD DO THE FOLLOWING. FIRST BACKUP THE DESTINATION MOD DIRECTORIES SOUND.TXT/MUSIC.TXT AND SOUND FOLDER/MUSIC FOLDER. AFTER THAT COPY PASTE THE SOUND.TXT AND MUSIC.TXT FROM NATIVEV MODULES FOLDER INTO THE DESIRED MOD FOLDER WHERE YOU WANT THE SOUNDS TO BE PLAYED. THEN COPY PASTE THE SOUNDS FROM NATIVEV/SOUNDS OR MUSIC FOLDER INTO THE DESTINATION MOD'S SOUND FOLDER.

WARNING!: IF THE TARGETED MOD USES ANY SOUNDS OF ITS OWN, ESPECIALLY CUSTOM SOUNDS THAT ARE NOT IN NATIVE THEN THESE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN. TO CHECK IF THE MOD USES ANY OF ITS OWN SOUNDS THEN CHECK ITS SOUND FOLDER TO SEE IF THE MOD HAS ANY CUSTOM SOUNDS THAT NEED TO BE LINKED VIA THE SOUNDS.TXT FILE. IF NOT THEN YOU SHOULD BE OK AS THE MOD IS RELYING ON NATIVE SOUNDS.
EDIT: REMMEMBER TO CHECK THE README.TXT IN SOUND FOLDER IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE NON-NATIVE SOUND USAGE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now also added Dablades soundpack + Vocals soundpack hybrid.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,51600.0.html

Will do more in future when I and others update their work.

Hi, i'm newly registered and new to modding. Just  wanted to ask how to apply the Official Vocals Sound Pack + Cries of War to native? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NB: I've extracted the hybrid folder contents to my Mount&Blade/modules/native folder in the past, and ammended the ini file to = 1 instead of = 0 (regarding sound) but I wasn't sure if this enabled the Official Vocals sound pack, as I read elsewhere that they had to be extracted to /sounds...

mpp7mato said:
Hi, i'm newly registered and new to modding. Just  wanted to ask how to apply the Official Vocals Sound Pack + Cries of War to native? Any help would be greatly appreciated. NB: I've extracted the hybrid folder contents to my Mount&Blade/modules/native folder in the past, and ammended the ini file to = 1 instead of = 0 (regarding sound) but I wasn't sure if this enabled the Official Vocals sound pack, as I read elsewhere that they had to be extracted to /sounds...

You have to extract to your modules folder, both the vocals hybrid and official voice pack are mods as they have additional sounds/voices coded in.

You've just given me a reason to kill peasant women. Their screams sound so...

:shock:  :cool:

Hi,

i installed the Cries of War and Vocals Soundpack Hybrid pack and now i cant attack villages anymore.
It just saves the game and start the attack but some secs later it pause the game and nothing happens. The village dont get attacked and i can try it again but with the same result that they dont do it.

The same thing happens with attacks on a castle. It just works for some secs and then pauses the gamewithout doing it. I tried it at least 20 times with different castles/villages etc. but nothing works.
Sad is that i didnt save my original files.

The funny thing is that it just happens with 1 savegame all other with other characters works fine..

Hey rejenorst, looks like a huge amount of effort went into this! The thing is; I don't know if I've got it working!  :oops:

If there's not a step by step instructional guide, I tend to fail misberably trying to get things to work!

I went mad and extracted the sounds to the Sounds folder, overwriting some of the sounds in that folder, then I copied all the sounds from the folder into the module name/sounds folder too! I made sure to change the scan_module_sounds = 0 to a 1.

I have noticed a few new sounds, but none like the man shouting "BASTAAAAAAAAARDS".

I'd greatly appreciate any help!

-Bow bow-

ThornsKaro said:
I have noticed a few new sounds, but none like the man shouting "BASTAAAAAAAAARDS".

It seems the devs left the swearing feature out (or broke it) in the latest version of mount & Blade. (I for one would love to see it back in)

bekk said:
Hi,

i installed the Cries of War and Vocals Soundpack Hybrid pack and now i cant attack villages anymore.
It just saves the game and start the attack but some secs later it pause the game and nothing happens. The village dont get attacked and i can try it again but with the same result that they dont do it.

The same thing happens with attacks on a castle. It just works for some secs and then pauses the gamewithout doing it. I tried it at least 20 times with different castles/villages etc. but nothing works.
Sad is that i didnt save my original files.

The funny thing is that it just happens with 1 savegame all other with other characters works fine..

Hi guys sorry I didn't see that people had posted here. Sorry for the late response.

The vocals pack is mod as is the hybrid pack because new sounds are coded in, you therefore have to extract the mod into your modules folder so that you have the nativev (official vocals pack) or the hybrid folder in the m&b modules folder.

From the startup of your M&B you have to select the hybrid soundpack mod.

You can copy the sounds.txt and sounds folder from the hybrid or vocals pack mod into any other mod PROVIDING that mod has not coded in any new sounds. This can be checked by checking the target mod's sound folder and seeing if there are any sounds in it that do not have the same name as the native sounds.

ThornsKaro said:
Hey rejenorst, looks like a huge amount of effort went into this! The thing is; I don't know if I've got it working!  :oops:

If there's not a step by step instructional guide, I tend to fail misberably trying to get things to work!

I went mad and extracted the sounds to the Sounds folder, overwriting some of the sounds in that folder, then I copied all the sounds from the folder into the module name/sounds folder too! I made sure to change the scan_module_sounds = 0 to a 1.

I'd greatly appreciate any help!

-Bow bow-

This feature was removed by Armagan (the developer). I've left the swearing sounds in the pack for anyone that wishes to use them.

Lord_Cheap said:
Erm the download link for module_sounds.py is down...  :sad:

Sorry I never got around to uploading the py for the latest vocals soundpack "sigh" I have it in the Philippines on my laptop and will probably make a final soundpack for Warband when it is released and will then add the py.

looking forward to it, rej.  i'd love to be able to include the pack through the module system.

side note:  do you know how to get the female vocals working?  if not seen any clues anywhere.

regards,
ta

Back
Top Bottom