Offical Saturday Linebattle

Users who are viewing this thread

mlfw1558-tumblr_lqd3f2Xxp71qj2d2v.gif

We gonna keep kickin' ass and having fun!

Okay SaintKyle, pretty bad..

However, thank you everybody for coming today, I hope you had fun and I apologyze for the laggy 2nd server. This will be improved until the next time.

The 33rd enjoyed the event. However I must admit having 4 cannons to be a bit silly along with the CSS team not having anny cannons for a bit.

the 1st Georgia enjoyed the event other than the union not forming any cohesive formations for most of the first map.

I added a new rule:

- Every regiment may take 1/3 skirmishers with them. That means: While the main part of the infantry stays in line, the skirmisher may advance and spread out in a line. But both (infantry and skirmishers) have to stick together. You can see this in the picture in the spoiler.
- Skirmisher rules are: You may spread out in a line. You have to crouch and shoot in a formation. The maximum of space between every single soldiers is 2-3 soldiers. The skirmishers have to take another uniform (14th Brooklyn, 11th New York, Lousiana Fire Zouaves) as the rest of their infantry unit.
- Pure skirmisher regiments may fully play as skirmishers but have a limit of 10 people.
- "Normal" Lineinfantry may not take skirmisher uniforms (14th Brooklyn, 11th New York, Lousiana Fire Zouaves) anymore.

Please everybody stick to that! The rest of your infantry has to stay in line!

Sgt.Feldsau said:
- Skirmisher rules are: You may spread out in a line. You have to crouch and shoot in a formation. The maximum of space between every single soldiers is 2-3 soldiers. The skirmishers have to take another uniform (14th Brooklyn, 11th New York, Lousiana Fire Zouaves) as the rest of their infantry unit.
- Pure skirmisher regiments may fully play as skirmishers but have a limit of 10 people.
- "Normal" Lineinfantry may not take skirmisher uniforms (14th Brooklyn, 11th New York, Lousiana Fire Zouaves) anymore.

At the last Saturday LB the 14th Brooklynn had more than 10 people as skirmisher in their regiment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsk-JgtxpI8 (Video will show that.)

Now I am not bringing this up to cause personal drama between me and the leader of the 14th. I am however bringing it up to ask why the Union Army is breaking the rules of its own LB. Me and my regiment have been attending this event basically since the Release of this mod and hell even before when it was in Alpha. Not ONCE (At least on my shift) have we broken ANY of the event rules. We have had to deal with rule breakers and people who are just using really **** move tactics as well. We have been extremely patient with this LB and its less attractive features.

Also one Line regiment on the union team the 6th Wisconsin were in a skirmish formation which is not allowed (Stated in the rules)
Proof:
AA4BD2F8CACA9F640F7DDF408FE269D2E2FF3A02

Sgt.Feldsau said:
- A regiment has to stay in a line at open field but the soldiers may crouch
- A regiment may take cover behind fences, sandbags etc., lines may split up in forests and skirmish behind the trees
- If a regiment has only three or less soldiers left, it has to join another line
- Regiments may take as many sappers with them and built as much as they want to. But this not meant to spam the whole area with constructions the sappers just may built usefull things for their team
It does not give permission to skirmish in an open field.

I hope that in the future the event will not be admin-ed with bias to any particular group.

(Despite its short comings, me and the lads enjoy the battle. We would just like to be able to get the best experience out of it, as when the rule breaking happens we usually get the worst of it.)

I would also like to note I would like to amend the rules about sappers because frankly I am really tired of the LB becoming WWI most of the time.

It is annoying coming up against a regiment of skirmishers because you cannot really do anything about them without alot of casualties. But like Fred says we do enjoy the Lb its just every now and then we run into something that shouldn't be and gets us killed.
I also agree with the sapper point, however I do not think they should be removed just the build points lowered to a few hundred to stop the massive over haul of deference. 

Yeah you´re right Frederickson in both points. The problem is that there is a big issue within the community about rules. Because there are also linebattles which allow regiments to stay in skirmish formation because it´s "more realistic". However imo this is **** but those people who use to play with these rules don´t stick to the different saturday linebattle rules. The problem about last saturdays linebattle was that I wan´t around, so I couldn´t make anybody stick to the rules. However when I´m there to admin the lb, I use to tell people if they´re doing wrong.

So again to everybody who would like to come to the linebattle (this also includes Union Army regimental leaders): Read the rules and stick to them!

Also about the sapper thing: You´re right. I´m thinking about changing this rules for a long time. I hate to see people building bunkers and to tell them every single linebattle to stop that. Sometimes people spam explosive crates or just troll with the sappers. That´s not the way they´re made for and also these annoying fortification is something I don´t like. But I don´t know how to stop that. Because if I forbid the sappers people will get annoyed and something important is missing imo. So maybe lowing the building points to 80 or something like that could be a good option. If anybody has an idea to that pls. tell me.

Oh and one minor point. This is not the linebattle of union army but mine. Some people confuse that but in the end I am responsible for everything happening during the linebattle. Just to make that clear :wink:

Sgt.Feldsau said:
Yeah you´re right Frederickson in both points. The problem is that there is a big issue within the community about rules. Because there are also linebattles which allow regiments to stay in skirmish formation because it´s "more realistic". However imo this is **** but those people who use to play with these rules don´t stick to the different saturday linebattle rules. The problem about last saturdays linebattle was that I wan´t around, so I couldn´t make anybody stick to the rules. However when I´m there to admin the lb, I use to tell people if they´re doing wrong.

So again to everybody who would like to come to the linebattle (this also includes Union Army regimental leaders): Read the rules and stick to them!

Also about the sapper thing: You´re right. I´m thinking about changing this rules for a long time. I hate to see people building bunkers and to tell them every single linebattle to stop that. Sometimes people spam explosive crates or just troll with the sappers. That´s not the way they´re made for and also these annoying fortification is something I don´t like. But I don´t know how to stop that. Because if I forbid the sappers people will get annoyed and something important is missing imo. So maybe lowing the building points to 80 or something like that could be a good option. If anybody has an idea to that pls. tell me.

Oh and one minor point. This is not the linebattle of union army but mine. Some people confuse that but in the end I am responsible for everything happening during the linebattle. Just to make that clear :wink:

Thanks for the reply, glad to see you agree with me on these points and I am looking forward to the battle today!

In regards to the sapper situation, I think just lowering the build points at first would be ok and see how it goes. However I do feel like 80 is a little too low, as there is normally 2-3 sappers a team building sandbags then moving on then building more. But like you said it can also be abused in using all to build bunkers, just a suggestion if a regiment is caught "Bunkering" they should have the sapper in their regiment removed  :grin:

Had fun at the LB today, other than the enemy team having cav while they were up 10 players for most of the battle.

Also I suggest more maps, same ones are getting boring  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom