Odin's Cave

Users who are viewing this thread

Got a problem with Odin's cave.

I enter it voluntarely, not because of the storyline.

I kill seven enemies at the entrance, three more further down the cave. I get the message that I got the sword, renown, etc.

But I can't leave the cave, because there are still enemies around.

What am I missing?

If it’s the same problem as in the storyline Odin’s cave, here’s my suggestion from a past thread here:

Tingyun said:
Last night a steam user ran into this same issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/6/1699415798774207985/

Since athletics skill determines "sneaking" ability in Viking Conquest, he tried reducing his athletics temporailly using import/export, so more enemies would be quickly alerted to his presence.

This solved the issue, and some hidden enemies came rushing out at him when he tried the mission again, and the quest was completed as normal.

A player who runs into the issue should consider following Kalarhan's advice above and officially reporting it with a saved game in support forum, so it can potentially be fixed in an update. The Steam User I linked can not officially report it as he states he is using VC Balance Mod 4.1, and testing with a vanilla installation is required to report bugs.

But for a personal workaround, you should be able to also solve the issue for yourself and continue playing by using import/export and trying the mission with lower athletics skill.

The advice from Kalarhan I mention in the quote is detailed steps to submit a bug report, you can follow the quote link above to the prior thread to see his full instructions and submit a bug report.

In the meantime, do try lowering your athletics to get the sneak level down. In Balance Mod I ended up capping the sneak level in Odin’s cave to a fairly low number, which seems to have fixed the issue, but you should be able to replicate that in vanilla VC by wearing heavy armor/shield and enabling armor affects skills game option, or just using import export to reduce athletics right before the mission.

I doubt that is the problem...

Since I got the message that I got the Bandit Kings's sword, I must have killed all the enemies. At least... that's what I think. How many are there? I killed ten...

Cornelius Constantine said:
I must have killed all the enemies. At least... that's what I think. How many are there? I killed ten...

10 sounds very low. Besides, from your original post’s spoiler tab:

Cornelius Constantine said:
But I can't leave the cave, because there are still enemies around.

If there are enemies still alive but hidden then it being the same athletics/sneaking problem from storyline seems likely. At any rate, it’s a very quick test for you to try the workaround I posted and enter the cave again after changing to a very low athletics skill.

But the most important part is that you follow Kalarhan’s directions from the linked thread and post a detailed bug report in the support subforum.

You get the Bandit sword for killing the leader, not completing the mission. There is more enemies around I recon is why you cannot exit.  Search the cave, UP AND DOWN. if you still cannot find the last enemies, use the ctrl atl f4 kill all cheat. One may have spawned outside the playable area.

Back
Top Bottom