Odin's Cave BUG

Users who are viewing this thread

xxgodsmack

Veteran
Hello. I haven't played VC in a couple months, and decided to give it another try. I'm playing story mode, and have progressed to Odin's cave to find the letter.

I am now stuck at Odin's cave. Luckily, I saved right before it, so I have retried it a dozen times. Each time I attempt it, I kill everyone but Atli, and Atli will not fight me. I never gave up Bodo, so he is with me already with me in the cave, and neither him or any of the other companions with me got injured. I cannot talk to Atli, he just stands there. I cannot injure Atli either, not even with a bow (which can hurt your friends). When I press TAB to try to leave, it says "You cannot leave while there are still enemies". I've read every forum post on bugs and tips to passing Odin's cave and none of them have helped. I have even tried beating the wooden dummy, as some say the game counts it as an enemy. I've tried knocking Bodo unconscious just in case. I've tried waiting forever after killing all enemies (besides Atli) and nothing happens.

Please help! Can the Devs please add some cheat code or cheat option within the cheat mode options to somehow skip this scene and progress?
I am playing the most recent version of the game.

1) You can report *possible* bugs in the support subforum

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

2) Include your game details.

2.1) VC version (2.021?)
2.2) Warband version (1.168 ?)
2.3) Steam or not
2.4) Windows, Mac or Linux

3) Any tweaks/moddifcations? Or are you playing vanilla?

4) Copy your rgl_log.txt file (located on your game folder) and post it using the spoiler tag

5) Upload your savegame and post the link here so a dev can look into it

In case anyone runs into this issue again and finds this old post with searches, I wanted to provide a solution for anyone encountering OP's issue.

Last night a steam user ran into this same issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/6/1699415798774207985/

Since athletics skill determines "sneaking" ability in Viking Conquest, he tried reducing his athletics temporailly using import/export, so more enemies would be quickly alerted to his presence.

This solved the issue, and some hidden enemies came rushing out at him when he tried the mission again, and the quest was completed as normal.

A player who runs into the issue should consider following Kalarhan's advice above and officially reporting it with a saved game in support forum, so it can potentially be fixed in an update. The Steam User I linked can not officially report it as he states he is using VC Balance Mod 4.1, and testing with a vanilla installation is required to report bugs.

But for a personal workaround, you should be able to also solve the issue for yourself and continue playing by using import/export and trying the mission with lower athletics skill.

Back
Top Bottom