OCEANIC COMMUNITY DISCUSSION: Voice your thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorch! said:
Butbutbut, Dojo is EEEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL! :sad:

Also: Good post Saregona, pretty much my stance as well. Well, except for the skill bit! I resent the implication that I can't kick names and take ass. :eek:

AlsoAlso: I approve very much of this thread. For once we have done a good job talking about the issues and problems in the community without it turning into an immature argument thread (well, except for Akkadian's posts.)

Haha, take ass... you'd know all about that :grin: Well, ok, maybe its just me who gets lousy at playing if I lay down my arms for a while... but I'm lousy to begin with. But I was just saying, ya know. Also, way to go razzing Akkadian, he's gunna rant in his next post now, I can feel it, feels like a thunderstorm comin'! :sad:

Also, Forethought has a kickass shower curtain. Oh, and a vaild point, activity was good last night on battle.

Oh well, we'll have to chat about this IRL whilst we're attending the inter-clan BBQ at the Mainevent ACC1 vs. Kimbo UFC fight.

It's gonna be awesome.

IRL

Warband wasn't really promoted all too well in Australia. I wouldn't have known about warband if I didn't play the original M&B and I wouldn't have known about the original M&B if I didn't get bored of playing GMOD and browse the steam store for some decent time-killing games.

In GMod, there's this addon that allows you to spawn a video player in game and broadcast videos from youtube etc on a projector for other players to look at. Just out of boredom, I showed them a video of a 120 Player Battle in Warband and two players became interested and were seriously considering buying the game. A few hours later I jump into the cRPG server and a player in there is asking if I'm the admin of a GMOD server because his friend was talking about that video. Word spreads fast.

I think by doing little effortless things like this can really promote the game.

If they like the looks of the game, maybe they'll buy it and we will see more people from Australia in the servers.

Forget about retaining players, people can only take so much of something before they eventually get bored and move on. I like seeing new people in Warband anyway. New people, new ideas, new friends, new enemies, etc.

Scorch! said:

Also: Good post Saregona, pretty much my stance as well. Well, except for the skill bit! I resent the implication that I can't kick names and take ass. :eek:

AlsoAlso: I approve very much of this thread. For once we have done a good job talking about the issues and problems in the community without it turning into an immature argument thread (well, except for Akkadian's posts.)

taking of ass is strictly KEEN __ONLY__

Good activity on native Battle last night for quite a bit, great to get home after work and see a decently packed server. Also Akkadian, in all johnesty I just cannot physically allow myself to go down without a tenacious fight. I'll stop playing for a bit to let the newer players get their skill up, but I have a psychological drive to not give up!

What's the status on your latest mod Laszlo? After reading up on it a bit and seeing how it mixes together battle aspects with the PWMod I was looking forward to its debut.

I'm pretty sure Thorn tends to switch factions when he notices the imbalance he causes, if only to keep people playing.

No use dominating one team continuously and have them ragequit, as the server would just die. I try to keep this in mind as well (it's also why I hate khergits; while playing as them may be fun, you have to remember how annoying the other team finds it).

Otherwise, I don't think people should have to restrict themselves too much when it comes to fighting new players.

Thornmisfor said:
Scorch! said:

taking of ass is strictly KEEN __ONLY__

Good activity on native Battle last night for quite a bit, great to get home after work and see a decently packed server. Also Akkadian, in all johnesty I just cannot physically allow myself to go down without a tenacious fight. I'll stop playing for a bit to let the newer players get their skill up, but I have a psychological drive to not give up!

What's the status on your latest mod Laszlo? After reading up on it a bit and seeing how it mixes together battle aspects with the PWMod I was looking forward to its debut.

Workin on it right now :smile: It's possible i'll get a beta testable version up and running tonight. Whether I can find someone to host it to actually test is another issue.

That was basically the first time KEEN has had more than three players in a pub match in months.

Do you have a grudge or something you'd like to talk about Mordaunt? For example, leaving the Dojo vs KEEN scrim immediately without saying gg and now this. Can do it in PM's if necessary.

Nope - I was pulled in at the last minute for that scrim and considered it such a demoralising trouncing that I hit the terps soon afterwards. My lack of gg was not out of hatred for you guys, or your new member and his fill in dojo girlfriend.

Laszlo said:
Oh well, we'll have to chat about this IRL whilst we're attending the inter-clan BBQ at the Mainevent ACC1 vs. Kimbo UFC fight.

It's gonna be awesome.

IRL

WOO UFC FIGHTS!

Thornmisfor said:
Old screenshot of some former glory, look at all those names.

http://imgur.com/CX947.jpg

Hey look im on there!

I'm interested in contacting a Rawr leader to organise a match for next weekend.

Checked Rawr_Matt and Rawr_Templates' forum accounts but looks as if they haven't been active for months. Anyone know how I should go about it? Logged onto mumble but their clan channel is private and can't message them.

hello

fLH8z.jpg

Thornmisfor said:
I'll stop playing for a bit to let the newer players get their skill up, but I have a psychological drive to not give up!

And why should you....just because you have skill it does not mean that you can't play against those of us who don't. Hell I enjoy playing you, even if it means dying an immeasurable amount of times just to say, I HIT YOU!

Anyway, I don't think the stupid amount of aliasing is to blame, although I'm guilty of that..... just look for the 140+ pinger who can't do bugger all...that's me!. No, I think the patch itself has somewhat jaded a lot of older players.......If I want to battle face huggers I'll play AVP, not Warband. Anyway, just my two cents... or shillings (whatever us old geezers use). Take it or leave it. Look forward to fighting you on the GoN servers as........ (well I won't list my aliases, that's just giving it away)

Aha nice one bogan.
Btw I might play just to see who you are, then alert the server to your alias :smile: Cheers!

Thought you were banned mate?  :cry:

Anyway, good luck in finding my alias(s).....

Tonight......I was something to do with a fishing rig......work it out!

Nah I appealed and acc1 had a look and took it off after a bit.
Hahaha I'll find em mate, trust meh.

Back
Top Bottom