OCEANIC COMMUNITY DISCUSSION: Voice your thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

chodethanks for your civility.

Another suggestion, start telling players in game about these taleworlds forums. I'd be inclined to think that a lot of the Steam users are unaware of us on here.

superhit1000 said:
"Hey guys, you're having fun on a server that's not native. You should shut the server down." - Knightmeister

Is that what you're implying???

Your interpretation is obviously flawed. cRPG is not fun, therefore u guys are not having fun, therefore the server should be shut down and you should all go back to playing native.

Gah, play native! Maybe if we started a new Oceanic Campaign would that help with lists of Clan progress and Individual statistics. Would that make u cRPGers come back?

And yes Lazlo I reckon Australiasia should have its own forums.

Would an Australian & New Zealand subforum help? Perhaps if we all degrade massively into Australian slang we can be considered a 'non-english' community and thus get our own forum?

Aussies can get lost in the EU/US threads.

native do become boring after 3 months play~~ but from CN's experiecne.. 1st month when cRPG out... native suddendly become empty... no one was there anymore... until when some player reached lvl 30.. they found it bit boring and start 2 go back 2 native... but one problems is cRPG decrease players skill level. its a mod like the more u play the better... not the skill better... :neutral: but still it will be very hard 2 bring cRPG player back 2 native especiallt cRPG is keep updating every wk~~ :roll: wat cRPG also create is give a chance 2 these low skill level player~ which give them a chance 2 beat high skill player~ so bring cRPG player back 2 native will be extremly hard unless they get really bored about cRPG~ :roll: :???:
We got a population of around 70+ M&B active player in CN. but around 50 r still in cRPG now... compare 2 Aus's population.... native will be very few ppl... :roll:

btw: akk.. nice 2 c u unmuted~~ :mrgreen:

Sure mate, to be perfectly frank we could all start yapping about aerial pingpong once an arvo and she'll be apples?
Subforum sounds bloody bonzer as we are way out the back of burke, it's mean as cats piss we aint got one yet.
Hooroo cob.

Fair dinkum, these yanks, poms, frogs and nips aren't within a cooee of having a chinwag with you bloody Melbournites kicking the sherrin around in your stubbies and wifebeaters. They'll be wandering round like a stunned mullet. Now let's go stack some MB tinnies on bogan's mug _geometrically_

Don't be forgettin those curry munchin punjabs mate.
By jee by jingoes by crikeys, we got MB comin outa our arseholes.

Well what about a weekly event on one of the games on net server to get us all together again? I'm sure acc1 would be up to hosting some sort of an event.

P.S Just cause my past few posts were aimed peoples post that are completely stupid doesn't mean I've turned into a ****.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but Aleczacool hasn't been a member of KoS for a little while now Superhit.

You can't get $10 steamers to commit to native too long  after they realize they are noobs.

where as in cRPG you don't actually have to kill anyone to receive xp/gold, just being near an enemy death is enough.

With no Armour at all at lvl 14 i was killing SPLH_viam a lvl 30+ comfortably, any skilled player stands a chance at lower lvls,
and at least the noobs can aim for better Armour, better weaponry, more  agility/strength attributes.

I don't think advertising is an issue, since the steam sale, there was 2 Gon servers almost full and about 20-30 in crpg.
Most of the native players left, while cRPG stayed consistent.

I guarantee half of the European/U.S player-base would have vanished if it wasn't for cRPG.

my point is, the mod  breathes life back into warband and if the steamers would have tried cRPG alot more of them would have stuck around, not to mension the former aus players that used to play in NA/EURO crpg servers.

I posted about Strategus, a browser level based multiplayer mod for warband before. here

Now, I'm not trying to Usurp the GON warband leadership in an effort to gain more players on crpg,
remember both servers are donated to the community and maintained by the community.

I'm trying to retain and bring back the player base, and the only option  is Crpg for public games
and STRATEGUS for Clan-v-Clan interests.

I know i sound like an evil conspirator trying to get clanners into Strategus, truth  i would want to give admin rights
to 1 person from each clan just to show there is no Clan or personal OWNERSHIP over the server, so that the server was
owned by the community.

Imagine it,
A real-time multilayer version of the single player map,

DOJO defeats kos, battle over almerra castle.
Dojo ransom KOS's clan Hierloom.
TGD ransack Rawr's caravans,
Rawr's trade route information given to TGD via Keen spies

Ill leave with this,

The single player mod's kept Mount and Blade alive for many of us.
so why can't multi-player mod's do the same.

Are you suggesting chadz run a separate Strategus campaign for Australasia? :lol:

Also, it's Vaim, so you obviously weren't that comfortable.

And again, how can you, personally, guarantee that the whole European and American warband populous wouldn't be playing anymore if it weren't for cRPG?

Anyway, I think your admin givee away is a noble, if not somewhat futile gesture.

Lol as soon as he is unmuted he goes back to his "cRPG is good because" stories.
Can't be arsed reading past 2 lines of that dribble.
K.I.S.S.      -  Know this.

I have pretty much stopped playing native in lieu of crpg, this is mostly due to I get on average 40 more ping on the gon servers which doesn't go well with them using faster game speed,  also on crpg I always get to play with the type of equipment I want, I often only get to play for 30 minutes or so some days and you often get stuck on crap factions for longer then that.

While skilled low level players do stand a chance against higher levels in crpg, this is becoming much less so now that people other then low skilled players like Murtagh or Vaim are highlevel, though the skill level is still not that high. Your not going to have much of a chance if your fighting thorn who is in full plate and has some ridiculous overpowered weapon with a stupid name for instance.
Also where the hell do you get akkadian that it takes 3-4 hours to get to level 24, unless you are meaning farming on the us/euro servers which doesn't really count.

I don't know why but kimbo wanted me to post this on the forums as his taleworlds account is banned.

http://knightsofthesouth.forumotion.com/public-discussion-f5/acc1-is-challenged-t19.htm

It doesn't actually matter where the main strategus database is located, as long as the battles take place on a local server.

Mount and blade is what it is because of solid groundwork + mods.
The devs build the groundwork, and they expect people like chadz and lazlo to run wild with it.

You are denying the very core of MaB if you deny multi-player mods, maybe certain mods are not your cup of tea, fine that's OK,
BUT they are a ****-load better then vanilla you can be sure of that.

Anyway I've tried to convince as many people as possible so that every one had at-least the chance to try the mod.

Play native , that's great, but should it no longer satisfy you, give this mod a try.

This will be my last post on the matter.

we will have our own Oceanic instance of the single player map. just like Euro/U.S will have.
When i ask for "Support" its coded as "Donations" for server running costs, ALSO Chadz incentive costs :razz:.

Hey i talked to a kos member about joining a clan and they said i should post here. what clans are there in australia that i can apply for? I am a reasenbly good player for a couple of weeks now, i have experience in other clans in other games and i am a friendly person to get along iwth. if you want to recruit me send me a P.M i wil reply ASAP. thx.

I'd just like to point out that months before cRPG came along and "split" the community the community was already "split" between Native and... PWMOD!!!

I spent a few hours on cRPG last night running around carving it up ninja style with a balanced katana and having a great time - then after the second time I got pollbanned (**** you vaim & brodwyn) I joined games_on_net_Battle (finally it's not a test server) to be ganked at spawn repeatedly by 7 KoS khergit horse archers. Not their fault, it was a **** community created map (as a pro mapper I'm qualified to judge), but still not fun.
Variety is the spice of life and mods provide that. Perhaps you guys should migrate to cRPG too - I hear Chadz is in discussion with Taleworlds about a staff position so Warband might head in cRPG direction anyway...

Back
Top Bottom