OCEANIC COMMUNITY DISCUSSION: Voice your thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Thornmisfor

Sergeant at Arms
Considering all the communication between oceanic channels has generally been done through the OCEANIC CAMPAIGN topic or private PMs, thought I might start a different one where the community can discuss issues and thoughts amongst ourselves with no relation to the campaign.

Good/Bad idea?

First off, I'll get the ball rolling; where has all the clan action been lately? Admittedly to my knowledge KEEN has had some great fights with Dojo and KoS the past two weeks, I haven't heard much else. There should be more scrims and active participation! Dojo, KoS, Rawr, TGD, SPLH, KEEN and 95th. Quite a few clans there. Is this a result of a stagnation in the oceanic population, are people just getting burnt out on the game itself?

I've also noticed a divide between the player-bases from Native and the cRPG mod. Personally I feel no ill-will towards the mod itself, anything that encourages more players in the community is a plus.

What do you think we can do to attract and retain players? Have an issue that you'd like to resolve with KEEN members or someone else? Get it out in the open.

Nice Thread.

I suggest a certain day of the week when all the clans go into each others mumble/vent and get to know each other. This way we'll be able to discuss issues and thoughts with other clans. TGD and Dojo has been talking with each other clan mates on a regular basis and after a few days i know bits of pieces of their members personalities and such.

I play cRPG on a regular basis, but if a clan mate wants me to play native with him i will. As good as native multiplayer is there is just no goal that can keep me amused anymore. During beta and early release my goal was to get as good as i possibly can, but now i feel like i reached my limit and lost interest in playing native unless with a clan mate,with someone i know or a clan war.

I'm John Blackman Local MP and I approve of this thread.

johnblackman.png

Vote John 'Refugee Slayer' Blackman Local MP

Refugreetz,
Blackman

Thornmisfor said:
What do you think we can do to attract and retain players? Have an issue that you'd like to resolve with KEEN members or someone else? Get it out in the open.

Yes. Get your members/friends circle to stop doing crap like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUznvNNul4

That's why people play cRPG and next to no native anymore. :smile:

I'm fairly sure that most people are getting bored of the game. Warband was fun, but it's difficult to play for such a long time without getting sick of it. There's no real feeling of progression. cRPG provides that, but it's also immensely grindy and tremendously boring when you get matched against veteran players. 1866 and Hunt were a refreshing change, but nobody's playing them now.

Every multiplayer game has its shelf life when stuff starts stagnating and slowing down, that time where it just starts getting "old", when everyone starts feeling like they are just doing the same thing over and over, with no new experiences to be had.

Unfortunately it seems that Warband is starting to reach that threshold for many players, me included. While the game is still fun to play, it has reached a point where I don't care to play it over other games that I could spend my time in. So I will still play the game, but not nearly as much as I used to say during beta and immediately after release. I will continue to play the game, just not in as dedicated a fashion as I have in the past.

Just my view. We may still have many clan matches and scrims yet, and the servers may still remain populated most of the time, but it is mostly starting to slow down now.

This is actually a good idea, TBH I was gonna get around to something like this. It feels weird to use the oceanic campaign thread as the community thread when the campaign itself is inactive.

Bobstar's organised Sunday night as KoS Pubstack night so we'll all be piling in for some ownage on the weekend. On battle server of course.

Alec and Thakey took all of 2 seconds to pick up where the campaign thread left off :smile: Aaaah the good old days of KoS vs. Dojo.

Don't make it a clan hate thing, it's just that everything I've seen him say is phrased aggressively or just stupid, so I give it back!
Like, fair enough asking for them to stop it.
But then adding the "you have made everyone stop playing" statement. That's a load of poopies.
Let's move on?

I understand your concerns, Thorn, but I like cRPG and (probably because I'm not that good at mount and blade), so I'm not too concerned about the future of Oceanic Native... things will get better I supose.

However I would like to do some clan stuff some time soon, TGD have tried to have wars recently but things keep comming up like no servers avalible, or the other clan can't be bothered.

The Gondor video is a perfect example of the decline in popularity within the oceanic campaign. Individuals screw around to much and affect many of the new players, as such we cannot retain any of these people because they give up and leave.

Forethought said:
Hardly. The Gondor video has nothing to do with the decline in populary within the Oceanic Campaign, and I believe it was stated before that the lack of battles was that "things keep comming up like no servers avalible, or the other clan can't be bothered", as Natrasha said. Of course while this is in regards to TGD, I think it applies to the other clans as well. Now, what does a couple of guys kicking Gondor for a few minutes have anything to do with server availability, or laziness? Nothing at all. Also, how does said kicking affect new players at all? Clearly Gondor is the only victim, and he certainly isn't a new player. He hasn't "given up and left" either, which proves that wrong. I think it's these unjustified accusations that are what make our community so dull; instead of having fun, you're all trying to put the blame on eachother and make arguments for no reason.

Yes, people trolling has nothing to do with people not playing the game. Great conclusion you've reached there.

Forethought said:
As I said, Gondor is the only victim in that video, not people in the Oceanic Campaign or new players. And he still plays, so what does that say?
The fact that you see nothing wrong with that video makes me question what exactly you think would be a detriment to the community.

Anyone seeing that going on in game would have been a bit miffed that there are people out there trying to ruin others fun, even if it isn't them at the time. Don't act like your actions against even the few that can take it won't have a negative affect on the view of the community. It may not affect us in the short term (matches, setting up servers etc.) but it will affect the flow of people into the community, even if it is a tiny amount.

Back
Top Bottom