<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Announcements:
[25/07/10]: KoS are defeated attacking Rawr. G2 is defended.
[25/07/10]: SPLH are defeated attacking KoS. G4 is defended.
[16/07/10]: Dojo is defeated attacking  KoS on hex I4, then defeats a KoS counter attack on hex H5.
[13/07/10]: Dojo attacks Rawr! Hex B3 is contested.
[13/07/10]: The Tyr clan leaves the campaign.
[13/07/10]: Dojo attack the KoS kingdom! I4 is contested.
[11/07/10]: Rawr defeat AoS in battle! G2 is conquered.
[11/07/10]: Dojo are defeated on I10, then successfully counter-attack the KoS port on H5!
[size=12pt][08/07/10]: SPLH accepts Rawr's offer of vassalage. SPLH becomes a vassal state!
[size=12pt][07/07/10]: Rawr launch an attack on AoS. Hex G2 is contested!

[size=12pt]History:
[05/07/10]: Rawr offers Vassalage to SPLH.
[size=9pt][04/07/10]: The SPLH kingdom falls! Rawr rise to power.
[size=9pt][27/6/10]: Dojo organise a counter-attack on the KoS port! H5 is contested.
[size=9pt][27/6/10]: Tyr launches a barbarian invasion on SPLH! Hex E2 is contested.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99917.msg2936783.html#msg2936783
[25/6/10]: KoS attack the Dojo  kingdom! I10 is contested.
[24/6/10]: Rawr march on SPLH territory! D1 is contested.
[23/6/10]: The LBR clan leaves the campaign.
[21/6/10]: The LBR clan enters the campaign.
[19/6/10]: The Tyr clan enters the campaign.
[12/06/10]: KoS attack the Dojo kingdom! J9 is contested
[11/06/10]: KoS/AoS defeat SPLH in battle! G2 is defended.
[7/06/10]: Dojo lay siege to the Rawr stronghold! B3 is contested!
[6/06/10]: Dojo defeat a KoS attack on I10, then successfully counter-attack J7! Dojo gains territory.
[6/06/10]: Rawr defeat SPLH in battle! C4 is conquered.
[3/06/10]: Rawr march on the SPLH Kingdom! C4 is contested.
[3/06/10]: SPLH turns on KoS, their former allies, in an act of war! G2 is contested!
[2/06/10]: The Rawr Kingdom is born! B3 is a temporary stronghold!
[30/05/10]: Rawr launch a barbarian invasion on the KEEN kingdom! B3 is contested.
[24/05/10]: KoS march on the KEEN kingdom! B3 is contested. KEEN refuse to take the field - B3 is uncontested.
[18/05/10]: The Dojo armies prepare to counter-attack against KoS! J7 is contested.
[17/05/10]: The Dojo armies repel a Rawr barbarian attack! J9 is defended.
[16/05/10]: The armies of KoS march on the Dojo Kingdom. I10 is contested!
[16/05/10]: The armies of KoS & AoS with SPLH and Rawr mercenaries defeat Dojo and KEEN in battle, then repel a counter-attack. I8 is conquered!
[16/05/10]: The armies of KEEN and Dojo defeat SPLH with Rawr mercenaries in battle. B3 is conquered!
[14/5/10]: The Rawr barbarians assault the Dojo borders! J9 is contested!
[14/5/10]: The Dojo armies invade SPLH territory. B3 is contested!
[12/5/10]: The KEEN armies invade SPLH territory. B3 is contested!
[size=8pt][11/05/10]: The Dojo Kingdom conquers E14, fends off a counter attack on F14, then storms the IH castle! The Iron Horsemen Kingdom is annexed by Dojo.
[size=8pt][11/05/10]: BARBARIAN INVASION! Click for details.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99917.msg2747314.html#msg2747314
[9/5/10]: The armies of KoS, AoS & SPLH with Rawr mercenaries are defeated in battle by KEEN and Dojo! B5 is defended.
[7/5/10]: The armies of Dojo march on IH territory! E14 is contested!
[5/5/10]: The armies of Dojo defeat SPLH in battle [6-1]. J9 is defended! Video
[5/5/10]: The armies of Dojo defeat SPLH in battle [6-0]. A4 is conquered!
[3/5/10]: The armies of KoS march on the Dojo Kingdom! I8 is contested.
[30/4/10]: The armies of KEEN defeat IH in battle! C12 is conquered.
[size=8pt][30/4/10]: The armies of SPLH march on the Dojo Kingdom! J9 is contested.
[30/4/10]: The armies of KoS, AoS & SPLH with Rawr mercenaries march on the KEEN Kingdom! B5 is contested.
[29/4/10]: The armies of KEEN march on the SPLH Kingdom! B3 is contested. [30/4/10]: SPLH refuse. B3 is no longer contested.
[28/4/10]: The Rawr mercenary clan arrives!
[size=8pt][28/4/10]: The AoS kingdom is created! The AoS kingdom becomes a vassal-state of KoS
[26/4/10]: The armies of KoS defeat Dojo in battle! [6-0] H5 is defended!
[18/4/10]: The armies of KEEN cannot force an engagement against SPLH! C4 is no longer contested!
[18/4/10]: The armies of KEEN march on SPLH territory! C4 is contested!
[17/4/10]: The armies of KEEN are defeated by the armies of SPLH, KoS and AoS! Hex B3 is defended!
[10/4/10]: Dojo sails on the KoS Kingdom! Hex: H5 is contested!
[9/4/10]: The armies of KoS are defeated by the Dojo and KEEN armies. H11 is successfully defended! Result: 6-0
[31/3/10]: The armies of KoS set sail for Dojo territory. H11 is contested!
[30/3/10]: The armies of Dojo cannot force an engagement with SPLH. F3 is no longer contested.
[28/3/10]: The armies of KEEN march on IH territory! C12 is contested!
[28/3/10]: The armies of IH are defeated by KoS led by King Scorch! H5 is defended!
[22/3/10]: The armies of Dojo sail to SPLH territory. F3 is contested!
[22/3/10]: Dojo and KEEN formed an alliance
[21/3/10]: The armies of IH sail to KoS territory. H5 is contested!
[21/3/10]: The armies of KEEN march on SPLH territory. B3 is contested!
[21/3/10]: The Order of the Dojo armies under the command of King Doomicus have conquered hex F15.
[16/3/10]: KoS and SPLH formed an alliance
[14/3/10]: Dojo marches on the IH Kingdom! Hex: F15 is contested!
[10/3/10]: Oceanic Campaign I has commenced.

Ladder:
ManpowerFlagKingdom      KPs        Leader                          Generals                                              Links 
2zr115i.jpg
Order of the Dojo
[td][size=14pt]74 [/td][td]Dojo_Doomicus[/td][td]Dojo_Lord_Spree, Dojo_Yahwade[/td][td]Website, Thread[/td]

[tr][td][/td][td]
6pn4u0.png
[/td][td]KEEN[/td][td][size=14pt]40[/td][td]KEEN_Thorn     [/td][td]KEEN_Toadmeister_General[/td][td]Thread  [/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]
2po43ll.jpg
[/td][td]Rawr[/td][td][size=14pt]40[/td][td]Rawr | Matt    [/td][td]Rawr | Templates, Rawr | Gerhart [/td][td]Thread[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]
n47ds.jpg
[/td][td]Knights of the South[/td][td][size=14pt]28[/td][td]KoS_Scorch  [/td][td]KoS_ACC1, KoS_Laszlo  [/td][td]Website, Thread  [/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]
140dvmr.png
[/td][td]Auxiliaries of the South[/td][td][size=14pt]6*[/td][td]AoS_Venset  [/td][td]  [/td][td]Website, Thread  [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,100557.0.html]||| |||||
[/td][td]
20kbyba.jpg
[/td][td]Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Warband[/td][td][size=14pt]0[/td][td]SPLH_Hershey    [/td][td]SPLH_Moss, SPLH_Sushiman [/td][td]Website, Thread [/td][/tr]

Diplomacy:
10moadj.jpg

b7mo3m.jpg

The Rules:
(Territory allocation at beginning of campaign)
16703t4.jpg

1ocrules.jpg

Oceanic Banner Pack

All sounds good, just two points:

1) Technically by your rules, if a faction were to take over another castle and then lose their original castle, they would be eliminated despite still having a castle.
Shouldn't that be changed to when their last castle is taken, or is that the way you want it?

2) the blue kingdom is at a disadvantage because their castle is only one hex away from another kingdom, whereas all the others have at least a two hex buffer zone.

HTAPAWASO said:
1) Technically by your rules, if a faction were to take over another castle and then lose their original castle, they would be eliminated despite still having a castle.
Shouldn't that be changed to when their last castle is taken, or is that the way you want it?

2) the blue kingdom is at a disadvantage because their castle is only one hex away from another kingdom, whereas all the others have at least a two hex buffer zone.

Well spotted! Castle loss rule amended to be LAST castle.

As for the blue faction's castle: that one I won't amend because taking the current rules into consideration I don't think it's too big a disadvantage. But if forced-defence attacks are brought into the game I'll take a look at swapping a few hexes around to set that straight.

Thanks man.

Sushiman said:
Did SPLHCW get the land of yellow?

At the moment, the campaign has not commenced, once it does clans will be able to claim territory (see rules 1-4). The clans listed are merely ones that have indicated they will be participating.

Technically no kingdoms exist yet. :smile:

UberWiggett said:
And just to clarify the rules there, anyone can join upon invite but can only play for the kingdom they've been invited by? so if the people join my kingdom as mercenaries they can only fight for my kingdom, or is it just only for my kingdom in 'our' battles, but may play other non related battles for other teams?

Ok this question may be exposing the weaknesses of the allegience rules. But I'll try to answer it with two scenarios

Scenario A: (3 Kingdoms: alpha, beta, gamma)

Alpha invites Steve and Barry to join their kingdom. Steve and Barry are now alphas. They may fight for alpha in battle. They may fight alongside beta in battle (this would represent cooperation or alliance between alpha and beta kindgoms, and the alpha leader would presumably have to give Steve and Barry permission to do this). Likewise for gamma.
However, Steve and Barry may not fight on the opposite side of a battle, because when they fight they represent their kingdom, and a kingdom may not fight itself. I.e. if beta fought gamma, and Steve and Barry participated, they must choose the same side. And of course if alpha fought either side Steve and Barry would have to fight for alpha.

Scenario B:

Alpha invites Steve and Barry to fight for their kingdom in battle as mercenaries. They fight for alpha just as in Secnario A but at any time Steve and Barry can swap sides and fight for beta, or gamma, against alpha. They have no allegience. If Steve and Barry were in the same mercenary clan they cannot fight on opposite sides.

Sushiman said:
Ok, but when we start, we get yellow. Also, I'd name Hershey as our leader, and me and Moss as generals.

Ok I'll update SPLHCW with the leadership.

As for claiming start positions: you must wait until the campaign starts (time and date will be announced) then make a post selecting which castle you want. That will be the initial land grab. It's just designed so that no clans get a head start or first pick. :smile:

Question on territory consolidation, doesn't that make it into the attacker must win twice to keep the hex? Or is it held if they don't move from the first victory until the next turn? It just reads as very defender friendly.

UberWiggett said:
Question on territory consolidation, doesn't that make it into the attacker must win twice to keep the hex? Or is it held if they don't move from the first victory until the next turn? It just reads as very defender friendly.

Yeah pretty much :smile:. But if you think about it: it's not actually tipping the scales in favour of the defender, it merely stops the attacker from having an advantage.

Think about this situation:

Clan 'Powergamer' repeatedly challenges Clan 'Chivalrous' to battles on Chivalrous territory.
Chivalrous accepts some of these challenges because they love clan battles in the campaign and want to test their skills against clan Powergamer.
However, whenever Chivalrous challenges Powergamer to battles on Powergame territory, they reject every single attack and refuse to risk losing their own land.

This means that Chivalrous is at a severe disadvantage: Powergamer has nothing to lose by always attacking. Of course Chivalrous can simply reject every challenge, but then they don't get to fight Powergamer, and the game stagnates.

An alternate and slighty more open version of the rule could be: once you've attacked an enemy hex, you cannot attack that kingdom again until you've fought a battle against them on one of your own hexes.

Ok I sorta get it, but it means taking over land space will be rather slow, and very back and forth like a basketball match. Still, see how it runs before changing it.

UberWiggett said:
Ok I sorta get it, but it means taking over land space will be rather slow, and very back and forth like a basketball match.

...Or a war, even?

:grin:

But yeah, I expect this rule to be under the most scrutiny, it may even change before the campaign starts, we'll see how we go.

Sushiman said:
Whatchou mean "nominated"? You're the founder.
I mean I had been trying to delegate the campaign leader responsibility onto Moss, whom I believe is a wiser and more respected leader.

He was also equal-co-founder :grin:

Laszlo said:
Well, as founder and leader, he has nominated himself to the be the leader of his clan for the purposes of the campaign. :smile:

Well that makes me sound rather arrogant, but I take this to be in jest :razz:

Back
Top Bottom